Mass Rez Mercy | Interview, Dichotomy & The False Narrative

people should start understanding that democracy and freedom of speech don’t mean “every opinion is the same”.
Opinions need to be backed by facts that hold weight. And that the developer’s opinion is worth more than that of any random forum dweller.

“Mercy will not have any significant rework in the foreseeable future” proof: the lead balance designer said so.
“Mass Rez is coming back” proof: they reverted a voiceline and added deathmatch.

One is not like the others.

4 Likes

mate I just put people links into images you’d be better off repling to the person who actually put the link in thread Oh crap I didn’t replie to the person

Oh, I thought for sure the graphic was to your credit as an original thought. I take that back then. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

and this is precisely what worries me the most

they themselves think that all the voices matter, they said that if something did not work in the game even though they liked it a lot, they would see it, they said they would be very attentive with the feedback from the Pros, and ignored them completely after the rework, I worry that things like this will be eliminated little by little and this company of “dreamers” becomes an activision that sells OWL skins for $ 30

Mercy in its current state does not work, does not do its original concept, since its state 1.0 needed retouching, not a complete rework, a rework of a character means that its current state is not parallel with its ORIGINAL concept, I repeat ORIGINAL, but they They do not do that. and again, I’m worried.

Mass rez, with a couple of tweaks is easy to work, for a year he did, saying that it is unhealty for the game is simply not having experience.

3 Likes

uh, no, at no point mercy was meta before the rework, save for when she was the only main healer.
The meta was 2-2-2, the triple (and quad) tank, then early dive, then the rework happened and mercy remained meta until august.
Mass rez didn’t work. People back then all agreed that mercy needed a rework. No amount of tweaks were working and they didn’t want to nerf it, since she was already trash tier.
No amount of tweaks would have saved mass rez, that is something the developers all agree on. That’s why she was reworked. You don’t like the rework? Post ideas to make it better, without asking for a revert or a second rework. That’s a feedback they might listen to.

1 Like

sticks fingers in ears

LA LA LA LA I CANNOT HEAR YOU, MASS REZ WILL PROBABLY COME BACK AT SOME POINT, LA LA LA LA

6 Likes

“Geoff Goodman said he didn’t like Mass Rez”
“Tis but a lie!”
“A lie?! He said it on stream”
“No he didn’t”
“He didn’t? Here’s the link”
“Mass Rez is coming back!”

insert monthy python holy grail pic

2 Likes

swings pamphlet binGO BINGO I GOT BINGO!

“Projecting your Opinion”

“Wasting time on semantics”
“They havent specifically said they aren’t reverting”

“Blush emoji”
“They’ve reverted lots of things”

4 Likes

T_T

first of all, Mercy if it was a must-pick before his rework, when they put invulnerability in his mass-rezz

IT WAS THE FAILURE

You can search for information by yourself, go to overbuff, check it, look for evidence

Secondly, and again all the voices matter, even if you do not like them, do not tell me what to ask, one thing is my opinion, my opinion was that Mercy needed retouching, another thing is undeniable, Blizzard ignores Feedback, blizzard can Ignore me if they think it necessary and I agree, but they can not ignore the Feedback, the voices, the players, and especially those with more experience.

you want it or you do not want it, mass rezz worked for a year and its design did not change until shortly after the invulnerability, which caused the ult to have an unhealthy behavior, until then it worked perfectly.

Gonna be honest here this is just getting sad…
I’m not sure if you’re actually having issues accepting it and going into a mental state where you’re just not able to hear what the devs are saying or you’re just straight up baiting people into discussions that are meaningless at this point.

You have three logical directions to take after the devs made it clear they don’t want that ability back…now notice how I said logical.

One you continue playing Mercy as she is, and you’ll probably get buffs on numbers and what not but not a rework at least not in the near future.

Two you give up on Mercy and play other heroes (play other heroes more if you’re not a one trick).

Thirdly You stop playing the game if you’re a one trick since obviously you don’t play Overwatch, you play Mercy and that’s about it.

3 Likes

Honestly, the obsession with Mass Rez has reached an unhealthy level.

I am genuinely concerned of the damage the simple fact will do when/if these Mercy mains confront that reality.

5 Likes

They haven’t ruled out the idea of “retiring heroes”. I have a funny feeling Mercy is first on the chopping block.

There is no rest in sight. There is no way to make those who love Mercy feel all warm and fuzzy inside anymore. Collect your medicare and retire already, Mercy!

Let’s just hope Echo is all the replacement we need.

thanks for making such an constructive feedback here

How complicated is it to respect each other?

1 Like

they actually can if they want.
And mercy there was meta for barely a season at best due to ana’s murder. But dive countered mercy again. The top healers after ana’s death were lucio and zen. Then mercy rework overtook lucio.
Mass Rez didn’t work. I don’t know how many times can the developer repeat it until it sticks.

I’m going to leave this thread for the time being, no point in repeating the same thing that falls on deaf ears.

I hold an embarrassing amount of hours on Mercy but no longer consider myself a “Mercy main” (sounds so dirty) because of these exact reasons. Also, right when vaylk happened… I was SO DOWN. BYE REZ. I was actually surprised by how many people were angered by it… and by how many people hold it so dear to their hearts that we’re still talking about it.

I honestly feel like at this point I’d rather just see Mercy deleted. She’s so controversial now I’d rather her be replaced and we call it a day. Start fresh.

I’m not sure if deleting heroes is a good idea. I believe the devs are aware that people are extremely passionate about their heroes, and removing them would cause nothing but backlash. Especially so with Mercy being one of the most popular heroes in the game. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry, but I believe you are proposing a false dilemma there.

There are many different ways to go about it, so I’ll go with the fourth logical direction. Voice my opinion and offer feedback on Mercy’s current state, vouch for more reverts, and continue to fight for Mercy to once again be engaging, impactful, and rewarding to play. Until something else is proposed that will blow me away in terms of Mercy’s kit (which have so far, have failed to do so), I will continue to fight for Mass Res coming back, no matter how long it takes.

You don’t want mass res to return, and I do. And that’s fine. We’re going to have to agree to disagree on that and accept our difference in opinions for what they are. Thanks for projecting your opinion though! :blush:

The reality is, a revert of mass res, is still a very real possibility. And wanting mass res, is not unhealthy nor an obsession. It’s an opinion, and just as valid as the opinion of “it’s not coming back.” And with the past reverts being made live despite the nay-saying, I am very much hopeful for it’s return. But hey! If you don’t agree with that, that’s totally fine. I will continue to fight for more reverts, and for the ability to make a return in some shape or form, regardless. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

2 Likes

Oh please, this is as constructive as saying “You’re entitled to your opinion” and “I agree to disagree” is constructive.

So unless you’re gonna go telling everyone that says that that they’re not being constructive too i’d recommend you to not try it with a bingo post.

Edit: This is so un-constructive, can we post the “no fun allowed” Bastion meme?

1 Like

I kind of let their actions speak for themselves. It’s obvious that there is no interest in being civil at that point, and they are more interested in being insulting and mocking those who disagree with them. It would be best to just ignore them and move on, and let the mods deal with the situation. I certainly have. It’s a shame that we can’t just be classy and civil on such discussions when one party agrees to disagree with another. Oh well… Moving right along. :blush:

Okay have a good one! And thanks for projecting your thoughts! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

then they have abandoned themselves

Curious that just before you said that before Mercy was never a must-pick, A main healer in a meta is not necessary, (zen and lucio meta) Mercy was Must-pick for his little counter-play, Ana had very bad times, would you defend Ana in those times? there were many people who said that it was not very impactful and not funny and did not close to its original concept, for a long time Geoff Goodman wanted Ana to go through those times because according to him, she was very goal, that she had very powerful tools. eliminate it completely? I mean,instead of retouching it to hover over its original concept, give it a rework

Would you defend Ana in that state? perhaps it was not obvious that it did not work?

you do not know the favor you make me

to express an opinion you must inform

have a good day.

2 Likes

I agree. But I think rez needs to go