Mass Res Will Return | 10 Reasons Why

Oh no she can rez 5 teammates, like old Rez, but the castime just changes based on how many dead allies are in her area

I can agree with that. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

Genius

1 Like

im a genius lol. thanks.

1 Like

Agreed. As a wise woman once said. :blush:

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/overwatch_gamepedia/b/b0/Ana_-_Never_stop_fighting_for_what_you_believe_in.wav?version=82f8b2f00d46bbe22a96af1863005277

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

mass res was dumb, change my mind

1 Like

Sorry but can someone tell me:
where did the devs said word by word that “mercys rework was a success”?
I only remember that they said thinks like “the support changes were a succes” or something like that.

“a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.” And yet you want old mercy back.
I think now mercy is actually in quite the good state (that’s what her win and pickrates show). Quite honestly I now see a lot of mercy mains branching out into different heroes and roles. That’s perfect in my opinion, because a character shouldn’t be so Op that one tricking her is completely viable and can get you to high ranks. The game is built around swapping and when swapping basically always is worse than staying on mercy then she is (was) OP.

Now maby she underperforms a bit compared to ana but in many comps and situations she is still viable and picked.
That’s the reason she won’t go back to old mercy, because for the first time she is well balanced!

I’d be down with mass rez if it had the same mechics as the current rez: 2 seconds cast time, almost standing still and no invincibility. But i bet that’s how mercy mains want it.

"Mass Rez is arguably a lot more balanced than Valkyrie, only needing minor tweaks, versus 10+ sledgehammer nerfs. Looking into pickrates and winrates, mass rez mercy has, on record, never become a 100% must pick with an inflated nearly perfect winrate " that doesn’t mean it’s balanced, if both teams pick mercy the winrate goes to 50%. Her Pickrate was incredibly hight, that’s the problem not her winrate.

If the devs decide its overpowered, its overpowered - hang your statistics.

Hide and res isnt a thing now. Hide behind a shield and res? Maybe

100% pick rate lol.

Valk is worse than mass res. Mercy recieved other buffs that made her more viable - her other kit is different, so comparing ults is silly.

You say “forced” the devs and me say “needed”.
They’ve said that mercy is getting more attention, calm :slight_smile:

…And a huge amount of spam threads by whining mercy mains (i’m a mercy main). Hows about stop the threads?

Also, uh, Hanzo Main is a bigger insult.

Its not safer, because you dont understand the game like the devs do. They did it for the good of the game.

So, you’re saying that the game is different and reverting mass res would throw balance off?

Voice lines arent ultimates. Healing changes arent ultimates.

You just quoted the part where Jeff said its not coming back.

Yet people still think its overpowered. Learn to press E better.

Changing her ult wont make her more fun. Changing her KIT will make her more fun. Give back 60hps and let me use my gun more.

Nah.

Sure, play her then, just stop complaining.

Other characters are in a worse place. The revert wont fix mercy. Please, stop whining and you’ll stop people thinking mercy mains are whiners.

And yes, i am a mercy main.

2 Likes

DangeRuss… Is your name Russell?

Yeah, but i go by Russ most of the time.

And yeah, Danger is my…

…middle name…

2 Likes

Aye same and yeah I also go by Russ too

jeff said it in a dev update

focusing on her healing output basically makes a second Moira. And a weaker one at that.

1 Like

Im 100% for this Revert or Re-implementation of Mass Rez.

Yes, I have some “no life” time with blizzard games here. SO I would like to chime up and talk about my shared experiences with THIS game and their past games. I love the blizzard design and experience. It’s immersive and it’s fun. The one thing that doesn’t work so well, is when community healers are UNHAPPY.

Since mercy rework, 1 year ago. This has created the biggest outcry on Blizzard’s community since They removed (patched-out) the “pure, Tree form” from the Resto druids, on their HIT (now former) “Cash cow” World of Warcraft. It was MAJOR backlash. and a community that NEVER HEALED ITSELF. minus 14 million subs later, it shows and reflects…

That patch had similar impacts. Resto druids were HEALERS. and by having the abilities at the time (prior to that patch) And it cut down on the healer’s stress, by having tree form. I know what healing is like for WoW’s RAIDS. They are INTENSE. if there is one thing that BLizzard knows, is how to make a game and make it GREAT and AWESOME, with tons of action.

That said, there is tons of damage that goes out in the game. So everything that was “chain heals”, “chain rez” kept the games GOING. It is paramount to Blizzard’s design style that having something, which takes the stress off of healers, It is required. Since these two (very similiar) patches, healers are OVER TAXED.

I agree, the healer is the wild card. Where if the healer isn’t doing their job, the game becomes a mess. And that off-healer characters are mandatory. Because if Mercy is playing mercy, and she cant do her job, then other healers can step in and pick up the slack, for whatever reason there is.

The whole NEW “2 healer pick meta” is what causes their damage graphs to be distorted. Because a slot which a DPS would have been at, is now a second healer. That healer is EXPECTED to do damage now.

If you play as mercy and do NOT fire your pistol even once, (since you are healing) you will still hear people complain about “not enough dps going out”.

Which is why we have Moira, ana and zen. They heal and they attack. This is really what makes sense here. Is that they want a compound healer to deliver damage when healing isn’t needed, and to heal when it is.

This creates PROBLEMS, across the board. Because it means that Ana has to Disengage the target she is healing and quickly deal damage or as we know as “off damage” towards the enemy team. This creates these pockets and spikes in overall game damage.

The same goes for Lucio and moira. This means that Lucio has to change to a healing Aura, and back to a damage aura very quickly, and often it can mean that someone in his circle whom should have been healed, isn’t and they are RIGHT back in the spawn room… Which goes back to Moira just as much.

Honestly, it’s really going to be changes that are ONLY catered to the upper 25% of players in this game. They see the game differently than we do. and that’s reasonable. I mean they have MUCh higher skill-sets we do. But, it’s the SAME reason the WoW community broke. The Arena players are the celebrities of the game, and they ONLY adjusted to what they had to say. The same thing goes for the Overwatch league and Comp players in the upper tiers. They are the celebrities of the game.

Cheers, GL :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Reasons Mass Rez won’t come back:
1- “No”- Jeff Kaplan

2 Likes

I miss the days when you were the last person alive on a almost team wipe and you got a crazy rez off, now mercy just sits behind a rein and rez one person its so boring, i miss that anticipation\excitement and having to use ult at the right time as apposed to just mashing e every few mins. Valky is so boring .Mercy is quite boring now still a great asset to a team but boring.

2 Likes

So basically bringing back mass rez with it needing to be channeled for 2 seconds? Atleast that way, we could counter it, and she could lose her ult that way, instead of the instantaneous mass revive where she could either use it or lose it and still keep the ult. I still don’t want mass rez to be back.

She just function a bit differently now, with more emphasis on who to revive during the match with the revive ability. But, if they could buff her with a new mechanic, like if the person the Mercy is healing doesn’t take damage or having their barrier damaged, they gain an additional 20 per second heal rate from her 50 per second heal rate.

I think Valkyrie is like Uber from TF2, use it when your team is going into a team fight that they have to win rather than save it for when the enemy team ults