Mass Res Will Return | 10 Reasons Why

They’ve haven’t been that bad actually. I can say this as a console user. They’ve never made a change that helps on PC but kills a hero on consoles.

From the console threads I thought it was bad…or do they exaggerate quite alot :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think a straight up revert back to old res is ever going to happen. Maaaybe some form of multi-res in the future, but even that’s a long stretch.

Personally, I think Mercy is “fine” right now. She’s okay enough to leave her where she’s at while Bliz works on much more needed tweaks and fixes to Overwatch. I’m sure they have a few plans for Mercy when they’re ready to get back to her, so don’t worry.

2 Likes

Yep. For example, Pharah is only a problem in GM of PS4. She’s fine everywhere else.

1 Like

There were people who made this claim. That it was un-fun. However, due to some changes that overtuned her rez there were some balancing issues with it as well outside of the “fun” factor. So claiming it was solely off of a “This is not fun” attitude from everyone is not quite correct.

I can’t make heads or tails of this argument. For one thing New Mercy did not become a must pick because of Valkrie itself. So claiming that Mass Rez was more balanced then Valk due to the must pick scenario is faulty premise. She became a must pick due to how powerful Rez as a cooldown ability is. This is evidenced by how many times they had to nerf her rez. Such as no longer having two charges, not gaining charges from valk, increasing the cooldown timer, and etc.

Mass Rez in its own right was a very powerful ultimate and became overtuned. I do not necasarrily agree that it needed to be addressed via a Re-work but I must point out that in her final Mass Rez iteration she was no where close to a troll pick.

This is a logical fallacy in of itself as well and actually in conflict with arguments presented as to why mass rez should not have been removed to begin with. Just because something is overtuned and overpowered when introduced does not mean it can never work. Just like Mass rez may very well have not needed to be removed but toned down or change to balance it instead.

This is a two way street. Many people have been bludgeoned over the head by toxic mercy mains. All under the guise of “I am just frustrated!” and expecting us all to give them a pass on this unacceptable behavior. This is a vicious cycle. Yes, there has been a lot of toxic behavior directed at Mercy mains. No one is denying this. However, Mercy mains have equally contributed to the current state of affairs.

Even if this were not the case, how on earth would this translate into a capitulation on Blizzards part? Why would they look at toxic behavior as a reason to make balancing changes? This makes very little sense.

I think the term “safer” might not be the right word to use here. Easier? Perhaps. Safer? Not by a long shot. Think the reaction would be an overall positive on this change? The forums would be FLOODED with complaints the moment it was announced. It would by no means be safe.

This I can get behind actually. There are other changes in the game that also make mass rez harder as well and more punishing. Assuming that Mass rez had an LoS check, not to fast a cast time, and no invuln for mercy herself, the mechanic of losing ult on Q would also impact it. This mechanic did not exist back in Mass Rez times.

Not to mention the increase in cast speed for McCree’s high noon, the increase in displacement abilities, and overall better defense oriented characters like sym would make her job a little harder when it comes to “BIG REZ” plays.

These are not true reversions though. These are small changes. One is a simple aesthetic change and the other is a numeric value change. This is a far cry from reverting and changing an entire playstyle for a hero. It is like saying “This guy used a slightly brighter color green to paint his room this time around! Must mean he is ready to change it to a dark orange soon!”.

Does not work that way.

However, there is a documented source for them saying they have no plans to bring it back and believe she is not in a horrible place.

Rez on a 30 second cooldown has HUGE swing potential. Trying to make it out as a terrible ability is not very honest. Has it been a balancing nightmare? Yes. But not because it has been terrible. But because it has been to good.

This however, does not speak to why a revert will happen. This could just as easily speak to the idea of more adjustments being needed.

Most of your arguments make very little sense. Sorry.

14 Likes

Mass rez removed because it required mercy to not participate in the battle by hiding while the enemy is combo ulting so she don’t get killed with her teammate by nano blade or get caught by grav.

Mass rez was used after the battle so revive dead teammate, enemies ALWAYS TARGET the support first so the chance that mercy survive “wiping ults” was too LOW which gave mercy feeling that she will die before res which encouragesd her to hide.

Developers didn’t like how mercy played like this so they changed her.

3 Likes

Oh boy the daily cringe thread

14 Likes

Hmm, seems to be an opinion there. We don’t know how good or bad the outcome will be, so we’ll have to agree to disagree on it. :blush:

You… Do realize that resurrection doesn’t always results in you being brought back just to be killed right? Also, I think we’re being a bit oversimplistic here. You see it as “brought back just to die”, I see it as “bringing back the team to change the tides of battle”. But once again, I won’t try to convince you of your thoughts. We’re going to have to agree to disagree on it, pop a pin in it, and leave it at that!

Sorry, I disagree. 30% Damage reduction instead of invincibility, LoS and a small 1.25s cast time is what I would see as a fair compromise. The point isn’t to make her ability OP. The point it to make it balanced, while still being fun to play. Along with an E move, something she’s never had when she was F tier, that’s most certainly a fair trade if not a buff overall.

Oh, have you played Pacify on console to know whether or not it would work?

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

3 Likes

Mass rez will never come back. The problem is the reliance of ultimates that this game has in general.

Team A has a Mercy and Team B drops 3 or 4 ultimates for a hard fought victorious team fight. Mercy swoops in and undoes the work of 3-4 ultimates with a single ultimate, and the team fight has to be won again or is reverted and lost.

That is the problem with mass rez - not only is it bad design on its own for that reason but it also limits design space. New characters, abilities, and ultimates (or current character reworks) have to consider how it interacts with every other character. In a mass rez scenario some characters might prove too fight-swingy like Doomfist who is capable of fast and immediate one-hit kills. In fact, this a problem with Rez in general, even a single rez, as it relates to design space and fight-swingy characters, but that problem is compounded with mass rez.

I’m very positive that mass rez will never come back, and if anything, rez will go away completely.

8 Likes

I would also like to point out they said “We think she’s in a good spot” and proceeded to be nerfed again.

Times change.

And Kaplan REALLY isn’t the best at keeping his word…

22 Likes

Op provides evidence that changes are necessary and that a revert is likely to be technically feasible. Neither suggests that a rework is certain, or even remotely likely.

3 Likes

I play on console and there is no where to bind it to without essentially removing something from Mercy.

3 Likes

As i said, if you wanna revert her, then revert her to the point before immunity when casting ress. That’s when all this drama started.

1 Like

No, she doesn’t.

It’s been explained time and time again. There’s a difference between using cover and literally running away from the fight and staying away from any form of conflict until the fight is 100% over.

You’re also forgetting the other reason: how bad it was for Mercy to let her teammates die just to get them all back at once. Regardless of if you actually hid or not, there were times where it was better to not heal a tank on Crit and let them die so you can bring them back at full health along with another teammate or two.

Good thing they’ve already addressed that issue and Mercy is nowhere close to being picked 100% of the time with Valk now.

This point is honestly completely irrelevant to her current state.

This is just outright twisting words.

We all know he was talking about how Mass Res won’t be reverted. He obviously wasn’t talking about adding a voice line back into the game or tweaking a basic number.

Addressed this above. The context was very clear. The devs shouldn’t have to spell out every single word for us.

19 Likes

I bet if they re-add mass rez, it will be like modern rez where she’ll take like 2 seconds to resurrect so the braindead opposing team will have time to kill her.

1 Like

Before they reverted lmaoMercy’s heal and returned her voiceline… plus many other things they claimed would never happen. Death Match, Arcade and the like I am inclined to have little hope in believing a revert BUUUUUUUUUT…

This is Blyz Ard and well they have shown nothing but ignorance and a blase attitude toward this hero since the rework started. Even reverting her to a date of troll pick but without the viability that came with it.

In all honesty they hate Mercy and their recent “we are your allies” statement is a lie and dishonest at best. For now I could care less what they do to her and the game. Haven’t touched her or the game in a while and probably never will.

And judging how the community likes to bandwagon on the way the devs have treated Mercy they basically just want the hero and her player base removed from the game. Best way to do that is drag her in the dirt and remain silent while the toxic community runs all her player base out.

And if they introduced a new support it will solidify what I believe. They dont want Mercy in the game and are probably setting up for a support who is similar to her but with more use and less “entry-level” or whatever the derogatory term is since “skill” os the flavor of the day.

But the game has never been more “Press Q to Win” then before. Mass rez is needed or a net nerf to ALL ultimates but I dont see either happening.

Nice enthusiasm OP, its nice to see you fighting. I gave up and just stick around for the conversation (if there can be one found without toxic replies that is.)

Have an awesome day! :smile:

1 Like

I feel like its more like that one friend that keeps telling you that you shouldnt do this, didnt listen and did something else, and made it worse. For example:

Mercy players wanted 1.0 back but with tweaks, devs didnt agree and did something else. Valkyrie and Mercy 2.0 was born. Mercy players suggested a revert to avoid a lot of problems, didnt listen and Mercy became OP. A year later, same thing continues and the devs refused to listen. Then they butchered every aspect of Mercy possible till she became…this mess.

Also theres a fine line between constructive feedback and harrassment.

6 Likes

Feels a lot like this:
https://cotoacademy.com/how-to-say-no-in-japanese/

Should’ve put thirteen.

Point of order… Resurrect on E is ridiculously powerful and impactful and all that. Problem is that it does not feel that way in the slightest.

Why? Because best case for Res is it stops a fight that would have almost certainly gone badly for Mercy’s team from happening at all. You can’t see or feel a fight that never happened. Also after you Resurrect a guy… for a bit he is invulnerable and can’t shoot… so he doesn’t need your beams, so you’re off GAing to someone who does need your help. So… I’d say at least 80% of the time you don’t even know what your Res target accomplished.

I’m reasonably certain that is what RevertMercy was talking about with E Resurrect being “unimpactful and unengaging”.

2 Likes