Mass res was good for flow

Well Quest, many for mass ress Mercy’s have said even if Blizzard came out and specifically said no, they would keep going on and on till they get what they want.

1 Like

Oh for sure. I expect like years from now there to be some sort of Overwatch 2.0 and RevertMercy will be like “if we brought back mass rez it would draw players back to this version of overwatch and would distinguish it from Overwatch 2, etc etc.”

I legit expect to see posts from Titanium and RevertMercy 2+ years from now saying how Mass Rez is the solution.

Mercy, during her meta with the mass ress, was more annoying than current brigitte…

let that sink in… let that… sink in…

The cold never bother me anyway
Sorry, couldn’t resist. But yeah, it’s not coming back and sadly it’s something that a lot of people, including me at times can’t accept. If it did came back however, it would be best to adjust it so that it was impactful but not overpowered. Sadly, even a single person rez at 1hp is still OP.

1 Like

The thing is mostly (given the survey given on the forums) Mercy mains don’t actually care about mass rez as much as they cared about Mercy not having pauses in her gameplay.

However, given what has happened since Mercy 2.0, the only way they will get that is a revert to Mercy 1.0 (but keep new GA)

When asked, most of them were pretty happy to get rid of Valk (since, you stop playing the ‘mercy game’ during it) and if it had to happen, remove Rez entirely.

The thing they most complained about was that mercy was all about moving quickly in a changing environment. Having to make choices 10 times a second, and moving quickly from situation to situation (pinball mercy).

2.0 removed most of it, as Valk means your choices don’t matter as much, and new rez has you pinned to the ground. You are also less powerful outside of her ult now, which is bad all over.

Myself, I’d prefer mercy to go back to Rez on ult, but… single target, remove Valk entirely and use all that power which is freed up to boost the rest of her kit.

Give her a support ability on ‘e’ which is low cooldown, single target, close range, which is useful in combat - which gives her a reason to get into the mids of battles, and make her move even faster.

More choices per second, more reasons to take risks, more ability to alter the flow of the game outside of her ult.

Mercy always had a different playstyle to the rest of the heroes, crank that playstyle up to 11, and you will have happy Mercy mains.

Mas res have never been good for anything, that includes flow.

I’ve had similar experiences with them as well regarding that (and many others). Usually it’s from the same group of folks, but it’s so predictable the responses when mass res is discussed, that it’s almost humorous. :blush:

Subject A: “Mass Res won’t come back, devs say so.”

Subject B: “Well they said Deathmatch won’t happen, yet they brought it to the game anyway.”

Subject A: “It’s a gamemode so it’s different!”

Subject B: “Well they reverted her normal healing and in her ultimate, which is a game mechanic like Mass Res, so that is proof of them going back on their word, even from a balance standpoint.”

Subject A: “No no no, they said Mass res specifically isn’t coming back! It’s different than just numbers! Cuz it’s an ultimate!”

Subject B: “Well do you have proof of it? Show me a link of a dev saying that Mass Res is not coming back.”

Subject A: “I don’t need to provide a link, it’s common sense! They said they have no plans to revert Mercy so this OBVIOUSLY means Mass res!”

Subject B: “Well, if you can’t provide evidence, how do I know you’re not making all of this up and putting words in their mouth?”

Subject A: “Well Goodman says it was unfun to play against, so that means it won’t come back! Also Jeff said it in the dev update!”

Subject B: “Are you sure? The vid with Goodman shows the streamer doing most of the talking about how much they hate it, and the dev merely nodding with how unfun it was to play against. I don’t see him saying it won’t return. Jeff also announced the rework, but never officially stated that this ability was never coming back. Do you have a source of them saying this specific statement?”

Subject A: “No, but you KNOW what they meant! You’re just being daft! Also I hate your signature / name / [insert resorting to personal insult here]”

From what I’ve seen, most arguments regarding mass res, what the devs “actually said” and the twisting of words and misinformation tend to fall in line with this particular scenario between the party that says it won’t come back and the party that believes it will. It happens so often this phenomenon, that I even made a thread that touches on this very thing in my Interview, Dichotomy & The False Narrative thread. :smile:

What Subject A fails to realize is that the point of said argument in the first place, is that it proves that the devs change their word all the time - so there’s still a possibility of them going back on it when it comes to changes (including mass res). I guess this reality scares some people, and of course, I suppose admitting to this would also mean proving Subject B’s reasoning as correct, so they instead resort to the double standards route and in turn, also change the argument to suit their agenda. I suppose doing that makes sense when you have no actual proof, but still want to sound like you know what you’re talking about. After all, It’s a lot easier to deflect an argument with facts by saying “That’s different so it doesn’t count” and muddling up the specifics and / or being purposely vague and making assumptions, right? :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

2 Likes

I would agree, but Blizzard doesn’t really use it for that… It seems more like a changes preview rather than a testing realm. Maybe they take feedback from Pro players, but it seems most of the decisions on what to keep/not keep is made by Blizzard themselves unrelated to player input. Mass Rez on PTR likely means Mass Rez on live in 2-3 weeks.

Here’s the thing: Mercy with mass rez sucked. All the good Mercy players used it as a tempo rez. Mass rez was frustrating to play against and rewarded bad play. But it wasn’t good.

Well let me make it super easy then

“They will never do a revert or go back on their word unless they will lose a ton of money if they don’t”

deathmatch was added in a low-point

Do you have any evidence for this claim? Because a) bliz don’t even release active player numbers let alone how much the game is making, b) blizzard currently IS at a low point- they’re facing stock drops and vocal criticisms from names such as seagull and c) adding deathmatch to bolster sales (and that succeeding) seems HIGHLY speculative

2 Likes

I’m sorry, are you one of Blizzard HQ’s financial advisory board, who can give us exclusive information regarding what “is” and “isn’t” financially feasible for them in terms of balancing the game?

If so, I question why you would be giving such information on an internet forum, and if not, I would then have to assume that we are giving assumptions, not based on fact (by when then, let me guess, “common sense” told you so). So then… which is it? :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

simply put; que times, a month prior to death match i was waiting a minimum of five minutes just to get into anything after it for several months it was shortened to a minimum of 3 minutes

as for the “stock drops” majority of the customer don’t really care it’s just people jumping ship because of the backlash from the diablo mobile game.

I’m sorry you have to be told every tiny bit of detail to understand something, unfortunately I cannot give you such detail but maybe if you asked nicely and signed a non disclosure agreement someone will help you understand at an elementary grade level.

This is anecdotal- it’s not strong enough evidence to definitively state that overwatch is “in a low point.” Queue times differ day to day, time to time, rank to rank, and can’t be used as a definitive measurement without other supporting data. Which blizzard doesn’t give out, which means that it’s a claim that can’t be substantiated.

Aye but it’s still an impact felt by blizzard who will in turn be put under pressure. Besides, the stock drops are as well as the vocal complaints becoming more and more preveailent around this game: mainly spurning from Seagull’s video

This is not aimed directly at this post but rather some of the replies here,

I hate how people who play Mercy say they hate mass rez because it insinuated their role in the game was to find a nice play to hide, sit around, and wait. That’s what bad Mercys do. Those are Mercys that die before they can even use mass rez.

Mercy is hiding? Alright lemme just lock on Genji and go find her. Chop chop done.

If you think mass rez was boring because you were hiding the whole game that’s on you. I am constantly hopping from one person to the next to ensure the enemy team can’t keep tabs on me. I did that in all versions of Mercy and do that to this day. Does it make me susceptible to ults? Sure. Do I know how to dodge them and recover? Yes.

Let the good Mercy’s have their mass rez back, without the invulnerability if you must. Maybe that will weed out the good ones from the bad ones. I’m down. But, to be honest I’m also okay with how she currently is. Again, possibly because of the way I play her.

Stop speaking for every Mercy main. We don’t all hide. Annoyed with the “every Mercy hides” fallacy and thus she was “unfun”.

4 Likes

well it’s literally the only one we are allowed to have and this is using peak days and time usually the weekend from 10-3 is what I’ve noticed, so comparing que times will be the closest we will ever get.

Not really activision also had a “plummet” following the first trailer for infinite warfare and it did, like maybe 4% less than the previous game, it’s an overreaction and not something that should be taken seriously no matter how severe because it’s generally temporary. they’ve ignored worse outcries then what seagulls video had effected (the forums exploded when avoid got removed) and at this point it just varies wildly based on weather the changes do anything or not to pick rate there much more cautious of changes then previously patches.

Aye. Imagine if publishers would actually be open and forthcoming with their playerbase…

That’s true but that isn’t a strength of blizzard. It’s a large weakness. By ignoring people’s complaints and such for significant concerns they only drive the audience away

2 Likes

Well, Ow has lost around a 7% of its playerbase since last January. Those are bad numbers, and I’m not even talking about the Blizzcon and Diablo.

P.S.: These numbers are indeed from before the Blizzcon, so they could have changed.

7% after several months and games like RDR2, Spiderman, Battlefield 5, blops 4, and fallout - nope can’t even finish that one. New games came out so that 7% is pretty minor given the reasons and that same 7% will comeback for three weeks every now and then for some events.