Manifesting Support Sym from ML7

ML7 posted this cryptic tweet, suggesting one hero will be reworked into a Support on the upcoming experimental card. It makes the most sense for that to be Sym considering she used to be a Support and there’s still a lot of talk about a future support rework…either way manifest with me Symsters :pray: :angel: :eye: :lips: :eye:

Edit: And this gem from AndyB has got my hopes up too

Edit 2: Jake is in charge of projectile/flex DPS (this includes Junkrat, Torb etc) but Symmetra is noticably missing from his list. Maybe he gave her to ML7? :wink:

36 Likes

After all these years…

3 Likes

Let us hope not, make a new support, dont arbitrarily make fundamental changes to existing heroes.

15 Likes

It’s been…84 years. Support Sym is the only thing I’ve been manifesting ever since Mercy got her healing buff. Universe don’t luck out on me now :weary:

10 Likes

I know half of us is gonna disagree…

But the other half who know better, want this role rework.

Plus you have other DPS heroes…

We didn’t have many Support options when Sym left.

15 Likes

This. I like playing symmetra as dps.

It is like making moira or briggite a healer… oh wait.

2 Likes

Nah Obvious doomfist will be support.

Always wanted a big muscle man as a support.

4 Likes

“Who know better” yeah okay lmao.

Same ones who want her to heal with her turrets right?

Same ones who forget how easy her turrets are to break, and how garbage supports who cant control who they heal feel.
Her turrets already have terrible priority, imagine your turrets ignoring your critical teammates for teammates missing 10% of health.

Youre allowed to have an opinion that you like support symm more, but dont act like Symm mains who like dps symms opinions mean less.

9 Likes

sad Baptiste look .

10 Likes

I feel like this part was over looked.

3 Likes

Ok fine a big bigger muscle man.

No it wasnt “overlooked” you edited it in later

And no that doesnt change my point, your

Completely invalidates symm mains who like her current role.

5 Likes

Your assumption about healing turrets are based on a version of the ability that has many limitations to offset the damage and slow affect. Do you not think turrets would be fundamentally reworked to function better as a support ability?

There are a whole host of changes that could be tested. Though the most successful, in my opinion, would be turrets as auxillery healing with Symmetra having another more consistent means to heal.

3 Likes

Plus we don’t even know if it’s gonna be healing turrets…

2 Likes

Lol imagine if it’s support sombra to troll y’all. But that doesn’t make sense considering OW2.

IMO, healing turrets are a dumb idea. There’s better ways to give Sym a healing source, especially one that’s just an off-healer.

4 Likes

Why not make it like division where the drone or whatever will attach to a teammate and heal them.

But then again this might be too zenny like.

2 Likes

Looking at that teleporter… and thinking of ways to improve it.

Stand still so I can heal you with my death laser.

I thought of this a while ago! Instead I thought maybe she has turrets/drones that follow her and zap burst heals onto allies that need healing. Prioritising the lowest health.

3 Likes

Man i miss old teleporter they should bring it back ez.

2 Likes