Man, now I know why no one plays support

Jesus Christ man, this role has 0 carry potential, you can have the most heal and more damage than some DPS and if you got a coward tank or weak DPS it won’t matter at all.

Tank feels tiring because of all the mind games you gotta keep playing, especially now that you are solo, but holy crap, support is the most tilting role around, you get people god damn flanking you non stop, some teams don’t even join voice so you can’t count on their help, you get tanks too scared to apply pressure, you get DPS just doing whatever the hell they feel like doing except killing and you are just there trying your best while the whole enemy teams gangs up with you while your team gives you 0 peel.

Shame you guys forgot to update support after changing to the 5v5 format.

249 Likes

Actually it has the most carry potential , a flexible support player who can switch to anything and still be effective is the new Meta.

If youre being dived as ana switch to moira or lucio , if a Genji or Tracer is bullying you switch to brig.

43 Likes

Kinda similar situation as old Tanks. Big carry potential in coordinated play. Weak carry potential in uncoordinated play. Big Throw potential for not synergizing and playing meta.

32 Likes

The throw is not to switch off ana when Winston thinks youre his new plaything.

7 Likes

I disagree. Most my games, I end up getting a lot of kills with support and winning.

If your tank is cowering, then that can be hard to win, I agree with that. However, you can try Brig to help the tank on the Frontline.

If you have bad DPS, then focus on killing the enemy yourself. Some supports are good at getting picks.

The fact is, Supports have the second highest carry potential behind Tanks.

7 Likes

I’m enjoying it way more than in OW1, kinda surprised it is so unpopular.

15 Likes

I’m having more fun with it in OW2, but it is still no where near as fun as it used to be in the earlier days. There’s still just too many things that screw over supports.

5 Likes

this role has 0 carry potential

If you think that let’s say (for the most popular ones) :

• Ana’s sleep / anti-heal grenade
  • Lucio’s speed and beat
  • Moira’s beam / dmg balls
  • Kiriko’s ult / Suzu
    can’t turn a match arround, then I’m sorry to say that’s a skill issue.
13 Likes

Would not exactly call those things Carry, Useful as hell and can certainly turn a game around but they still require your team to follow up, Unlike a reaper running in and hitting “Q” at the right moment or Genji Blade getting 3-4 kills by itself that only require the rest of your team to exist afterwards.

A support can make a good team great, but can not make a bad team good.

83 Likes

Plus you get yelled at while trying to fight for your life back to the frontlines

35 Likes

Switching doesnt autmatically carry games as a support, it just makes it easier not to be the reason your team loses.

19 Likes

You can definitely carry, you just have to work for it. But like always it’s never a guarantee, you win some you lose some.

1 Like

Easy solution, just be Moira

4 Likes

She’s too boring and not rewarding

2 Likes

same as if you are making space and killing enemies, fights cant last if the healers dont do their jobs.

1 Like

You just are not good enough to carry yet.

Not trying to be mean. I’m just calling it how it is.

3 Likes

It has always been like this, day 1. You have to accept that if you play support you are providing value by healing. Even if you get flanked all the time.

You do have moments to help the team a lot, they just are a bit more rare.

3 Likes

Enemy team has all those too. Probably charging faster because we’re on road hog

Wrong. Supports should be getting almost as many kills as DPS (about 70-80%) while healing at least 9k per 10. And you need to make at least 1 or 2 big plays per game.

If you aren’t at least doing that then you are playing bad on support.

1 Like

Support can definitely carry
Play Zen and just headshot and win
Play Lucio and just headshot and win
Play Kiriko and just headshot and win
Play Ana and just sleep dart every ulting S76, Soujorn and Genji and win
Play Bap and ult in front of yourself and pewpewpew and 1v5 free kills GGEZ
Play Moira and sip sip sip stupid Genji who press shift preemptively and get scolded on public chat and win
Play support and just fend off every Sombra and stop her hack within the cast time and 4v5 and win
Play Brig and…IDK
Play Mercy and…IDK
Play Moira (Plat+) and… IDK

YOU CANNOT CARRY BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO ZKILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

35 Likes