Make Mercy's Base Healing Beam Like Echo's Focusing Beam?

What if Mercy’s healing beam worked similar to Echo’s Focusing Beam?

So basically like this:

• Healing rate is 60 hps if targeted ally has hp below 50% and once the ally’s health is above 50%, the rate instantly drops down to 50 hps
  • Healing rate is 50 hps if targeted ally has hp above 50%

While just increasing her base healing to flat 60 hps would be nice, I think this would at least be an idea for the devs to try out on Experimental Card. It would make Mercy more reliable at keeping tanks alive.

Thoughts?

16 Likes

Not bad, but I have read from somewhere that suggested Mercy’s base healing to scale with percentage. I don’t know about the numbers, but the end result was
200 HP = 50 Hps
400 HP = 60 Hps
600 HP = 65 Hps

Give or take a few numbers. Your idea is not bad, but I think the percentage is better so that Mercy’s healing on squishy stayed the same so she didn’t became a better pocket healer but she’d be better as a main healer.

4 Likes

All of these ideas are cool and all but she realistically just needs a flat 60 HPS to be viable/competitive.

That or an R based heal boost ability.

However OP’s suggestion is nice. I thought it’d be cool if she had a Passive called “Critical Care” where she healed more on targets below 50% and also GA’d to them faster.

34 Likes

The last thing anyone wants is more tank pocket Mercy. Just go Moira or Ana if you like healing tanks 24/7.

Yeah but Mercy is a bit too good at pocketing DPS (only thing shes good at) and trash at main healing (tanks).

She should be a little bit stronger at healing tanks, IMO.

2 Likes

Indeed. I personally do not even mind the scale idea, but instead of based on percentage, it could be a timer, for the first 2 seconds you get a boosted heal and that heal is no longer boosted unless you heal another 2 players. That encourages Mercy to constantly top everyone off without killing her pocket style for people who like it… I guess.

1 Like

to OP: I personally would much prefer a flat, no-strings-attached, 55-60hp buff to her healing beam.

1 Like

Ew lmao no

If you were to do that to her consistency, youd probably be looking at making resurrect instant again.

1 Like

That’s not needed, she doesn’t need more HPS.

1 Like

Well what would you suggest?

Since she’s only a pocket for Echo and Ashe, and they don’t even need her to do amazing.

Moira/ Lucio or Ana/ Brig/ Lucio are the go to picks depending on ranks; so what would you do to allow Mercy to compete with them, without making her broken again?

1 Like

Nothing, I think she is balanced and doesn’t need changes.

1 Like

I mean she’s pretty much worthless, but you do you I guess

5 Likes

Lmao, thats just another Dodo clone, pay no mind

2 Likes

What if she has another staff mode that has skillful healing. Requires aim.

not all Dodos feel the same, tho, even those with identical verbiage and writing styles…such as here, given I feel that Mercy needs no buffs to healing in her current state

2 Likes

orrrr she could have a beam like zarya or sym and more heals so you need to track someone( in options you could change it so sym beam: 60hp normal beam: 50hp)

^

We don’t need the complicated mechanics when they could just flat out give her 60HPS.

If they insisted on not giving her 60HPS I wouldn’t mind OP’s idea though.

2 Likes

Considering Mercy is literally Medic from TF2 this should have been a thing since release.

And negate all the damage done by winston , mercy is fine as she is

1 Like