Make mercy feel better

You stole my topic :broken_heart::slightly_smiling_face:

Apologies. :blue_heart:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

I think it could just good having her rez on a 20 CD too. 30 is stupid. Her achievements is also impossibile.
ANd surely Valk should enhance rez too.

3 Likes

Valk enhances res in the sense that you can fly to a dead alley that is further away from you than if you were in Valk. It also gives you different positioning. It also allows her to res without her penalty.

Not to say I disagree, but one could also argue that Res is already enhanced in Valk.

1 Like

Given that you mentioned the item in question, I think it is reasonable to surmise that you do care

I can assure you that no…uhm, jimmies?..have been rustled

1 Like

It already does…

Mercy isn’t outclassed, but she could always use another layer of “skill” or perks.

imo:

1. While her HP is 50% or higher, her normal MB1 heals 55hps. (tbh, Zenny’s Harmony Orb could use something like this as well)
  2. Make Rez’s cast time 1.45 seconds.
  3. Rez can’t be stopped by being pushed too far away during Valk.
  4. Rez heals all HP, excluding armor and shields. Mercy is a healer, not a blacksmith or hardlight technician. So 1 miracle is enough here lmao.

It just seems to get under your skin man. That’s all I meant. Just as you pointed out, revert addressed that he/she does not care but by mentioning that they in fact do not care is a sign that they do care. So, I’m getting the impression, that since you address it quite often, based on your own logic, you addressing it is a sign that you do in fact care?

3 Likes

I’ve been wondering the same. It’s kind of amusing at this point how often something so trivial as a :blush: gets to them.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

I appreciate your concern, honestly, I do, but your perception is incorrect - it does not “get under my skin”

Caring is a very vague term, but in the sense that I have referred to this specific emoticon, I am indeed showing a measure of “caring” (or perhaps the better word is “concern”) about it

I can assure you that the emoticon doesn’t “get to me”, though one can of course interpret my mentions of it in any way one wishes, whether correctly or not.

1 Like

The stale winds of denial continues to blow, I suppose. :blush:

Back on topic:

1. I actually like this idea. Something that rewards Mercy players for staying alive would be a nice perk.
  2. Yes. Or even better, 1.25s.
  3. If the Valk changes stick, I wouldn’t mind the booping. Still, I wouldn’t be against something like this.
  4. I like that idea as well. Perhaps she can get a bit of a boost in healing after the rez to compensate as well, to promote covering for rezzed allies a bit more.

Either way, I wouldn’t mind these changes. Nice one. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

3 Likes

I understood the rest of your post, albeit without agreeing with the points made; but can you clarify the meaning of “the stale winds of denial”?

I don’t mind these suggestions, however I don’t understand how they add a “skill,” like Lil’ Puddin stated? I’d like to know what you two are considering “skill” additions. :blush:

Also, not to say that I completely disagree with these suggestions, but I would like to state my opinion that any change that adds a “Skill,” to Mercy is unnecessary. I believe the less complicated Mercy is, the less we stray from her original state. I think the best additions and changes to Mercy would all be reactive. Her last change made her damage boost an ability that requires proactive skill, while before it was reactive. The more reactive skill that Mercy has, the more her kit will flow together IMO which is a skill set that Mercy players already have. So I wouldn’t consider it “adding,” skill. Again, not to say that I disagree with your suggestions, I just of disagree with the reasoning.

Just make her battle-oriented. Baptiste is fun for this reason. He can heal while taking part in the action. Mercy is so passive, and every time they nerf her kit she becomes more and more mind-numbing. The latest damage boost change being another small part of that.

Give her some action with her staff. I’ll take an actual Battle Angel over Rez or snooze heal beam at this point.

Really? I’ve seen people say he’s underwhelming.

I think a good change for that type of playstyle would be to swap the positions of her pistol and damage button. So the pistol is the secondary thing to use, and you would have to weapon swap to damage boost. I’m sure this would also illiminate teammates saying “Mercy, put your pistol away!” Since that would just force her to damage boost. Alternatively, nobody would ask to be damage boosted, and also Mercy would be told to “Put her damage boost away” haha but I think it would be quite rewarding for those battle angels out there.

1 Like

Either way, I just think it’s time for a new concept for this Hero. Her old-self was too “controversial” apparently, all right. Valkyrie was supposed to allow her to be more involved but was too OP, okay. So we really haven’t had much except for a lesser and lesser version of Valkyrie.

I don’t know where my concept for Mercy is going… but Baptiste kind of changes the way a Support plays for me. Ana was always fun, but isn’t so much aggressive like that. Brigitte was aggressive, but had some very obstructive game play mechanics, which was mainly her stun feature.

I’m not even sure she’d need her pistol. I somehow imagine her flying sometimes, using her wings for attacks, and maybe the staff to support/melee people. Offer healing/boosting through different means other than the toggle beam. Maybe AoE fields of sorts from staff while flying above, or on the ground below.

It’d just be neat to have Mercy really be involved again. I know many like her as she is, but I don’t know… she’s becoming too passive, and I think the whole Rez mechanic is punishing her. I’d drop that for any of the above. This game really does not need a resurrect as it currently exists. Not really.

Anyway.

I think something that adds a bit more complexity to her kit (such as giving her a boost in healing if her health is above 55%) would be a nice addition vs a static healing number and reward higher skilled Mercies who keep themselves alive vs the lower skilled ones that would constantly get themselves killed.

That’s fine, and I see your point. I think there is a fine line between keeping her simplistic, and making her too easy to play, to the point where she becomes boring or “too safe”. I do agree with you in that Mercy should be changed to be more reactive than proactive. I think there’s many ways to do this of course outside of healing. Another idea could be that her rez can be dynamic to the amount of health she has, as in, a full health Mercy gets 3 rez charges, half health gets 2, and a low health Mercy only gets one charge. That’s just one idea though. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

3 Likes