Make Brigitte Fun Again

They can’t buff the medium/long range defences on DoubleBarrier, if it’s got really strong close range defences.

You’d think as the guy who correctly “predicted” almost all the recent Mei nerfs, I’d know a thing or two about that.

If the brig hatters could admit anything they would admit Brig is not very fun to play. Seriously almsot all her active abilities have been nerfed and the only thing buffed was her passive AoE healing.

She is the biggest heal bot in the game and has more trouble doing dmg than Mercy. She has no agency and her only impact on the game is providing consistent heals to a team, weak ones btw. No strong heals to save any one who has critical health or anything. Her Ultimate is barely noticeable when it goes off and won’t stop most instant death attacks.

3 Likes

Well there are some people like that and then there are other people who willing to lose certain aspects of Brig so she can Brawl more. Many on this forums are willing to almost outright lose repair pack just so she can live in melee range a bit more.

1 Like

So she’s not fun for the vast majority of Brig players, and game breaking for the very top?

I agree with that.

1 Like

I mean if we’re being honest, dive counters poke, and yet dive comps completely sucked against it, I mean the only explanation is that just having brig and sig in a poke comp can stop dive, or that dive characters just suck.

I know that ball and tracer were used, but they were extremely good and still had trouble killing zen to my knowledge.
Context- last meta was poke.

1 Like

At this point I think the best change would be as you say remove repair pack, tone down the Passive heal and make her a full on tank.

A melee based tank with a small group heal, kind of like Soldier. Would probably work better.

1 Like

I agree that Brig is boring, but thats just subjective dude.

But she is still strong. Rally is one of the best ultimates in the game.
Dont try to make her look weak, because she really isnt

People especially tanks complain about getting deleted so fast due to damage creep. I don’t think reducing Brigitte’s healing output will make them all too happy.

1 Like

How can rally be one of the best ultimate in the game? It’s not even the best support ult, let alone the rest. Mostly due to the nerfs to her repair pack on top of her inability to live long enough to do dmg her Rally is insanely slow to charge up.

When it is going it’s only 100 armor max to a fairly small area. 100 extra armor not enough to stop rip tires, dva bombs, charges or most other instant kill attacks. If your team groups up to get the effect your also making it easier to team wipe your group.

There is no way it’s better than say Transcendence. Brig herself is also a very easy target to stop the ult as well, even regular attacks will kill her in about 2-3 shots. Mean while it takes like 5-6 to kill anything with her mace.

1 Like

You aren’t the only one who predict things like… And that doesn’t mean it takes away from my point that dive existed and brig doesn’t take the option away

She isn’t anymore than ana or any other hero not given decent balance.

I have thoughts but for my sanity I’m trying to not so meta analysis anymore lol so… Likes

1 Like

Its been 3 years dude get over it

4 Likes

Nerf repair pack and bring back 225 hp.

PLEASE!

Rally is one of the strongest ultimates in GM, believe it or not. Im not talking about qp or diamond, because the game is balanced around pro play and the top 1%.
Brig below GM is bad, because no one knows how to use her kit, but in GM shes good

1 Like

Which would imply high heals as meta. They are not - stares in moira.

Brig has no obligation to be a main healer. We have those.

She isn’t . The direction of the game has changed and that’s been clear since long before her rework.

Its very strong in high tier games where good coordination exist that can greatly capitalize on Rally strengths.

I really want Brig’s playstyle to actually make sense with her character design again. :sob: Even if her current playstyle technically “works”, and she’s still technically “strong”, it doesn’t make SENSE. She has all this heavy armor and a shield, but is forced to stay in the back where it’s safer. It feels like an injustice

I made a balance thread of my own about her recently, actually. I tried really hard to discourage having her in the backline and make her more effective at the front, but I may have been a bit too timid about it. I’ll grab the current changes from there (likely subject to change as I get more feedback)–

The problem with that line of thinking is it’s like saying Sombra or Symetera are good hero’s because a well coordinated team of professional players can make them work.

Brigitte isn’t a good healer, nor is her ultimate a good ult. Team work is the real power there.

1 Like

So let’s imagine they buffed barriers on Orisa and Sigma.

DoubleBarrier becomes virtually invincible at medium/long range.

Call we agree in that scenario that DoubleBarrier would need to be defeated at close range?

Sombra is a good hero given a coordinated team and after all Overwatch is still a teamgame and you balance this game around pro play and GM where teamplay exists.

Brig is a fantastic peeler, her healing is good enough and her ultimate is good.
Its not like teamwork is not given in pro play. Every hero profits from teamwork

1 Like

no her ultimate is a very good ult its the 2nd best ult in the game as a brig 1 trick ik that because it lasts 30 seconds ur dps will have a massive advantage with it just imagine being a dps to en fighting a 250 health tracer plus ur damage gets reduced each time it is very strong it shouldnt be used as a defensive ult.

1 Like