Make Brigitte a decent healer instead of annoying CC machine

But if she’s a failure as a tank, then she isn’t living up to her whole concept, which is tank/support hybrid. And that is what makes her unique, worth playing, and interesting.

Any changes should allow her to succeed at both.

I think the max CD on bash she can handle is 6 seconds, tbh.

eta: It’s also not like I can pick someone else if she ends up bad if I want to play a tank/support hybrid, she is singular in that role.

The fact that her healing is low isn’t a reason to nerf her stun though.

Nerfing her stun & making repair pack more frequent along with inspire a constant heal just turns her into a tanky but immobile Lucio.

Right now she fills a niche the other Supports don’t. They should just make inspire last longer and leave her as is otherwise.

Even inspire triggering off repair pack I don’t agree with. That’d just mean the “right” way to play Brigitte is to toss out a repair pack anytime inspire stops to keep it going constantly.

So at that point, why not just make it a passive aura like Lucio?

Distinction between characters is important.

6 Likes

She should not be a full tank, it is unrealistic. To compete with other tanks for a tank slot she needs to be way more durable. An ability to use Repair Pack on herself would work, but it also could make her literally unkillable for flankers.
She is not tank/support hybrid, she is a tanky healer. And currently she is okay at her “tanky” part but lacking at “healer” part. Shield Bash CD increase will not make her less tanky, but healing buffs will make her better healer. Also ability to trigger Inspire with Repair Pack with shortened CD will also improve her self-sustain, so it will slightly compensate nerf to CC.

The only time I have a problem with Brigitte is when I’m playing Tracer or Genji … Hm, might she be a counter towards those heroes? Yes I know Tracer and Genji is in shock every time they get some opposition in this game, but strangely enough the whole of Overwatch doesn’t evolve around those 2.

It’s precisely because I’ve seen their development choices that I at least don’t trust them…

1 Like

That is the way that the devs described her, so no, that’s just not true. That is what YOU want her to be. But she is in fact, a tank/support hybrid.

The devs even suggested placing her in the off-tank position. She is an off-tank AND an off-healer. And her current power balance reflects that.

She competes with other tanks by creating space rather than being durable or mitigating damage for her team. Because she is such a large threat in the melee range, you will not enter that area lightly. And because you won’t enter that area lightly, the rest of the backline has room to breathe.

Unlike other off-tanks though she is mostly supposed to enable healers rather than DPS, which is why a dive strategy doesn’t work with her creating that space, as it hinges on killing the support first.

2 Likes

After just two rounds of quickmatch today, losing to brigitte/moira combos the only pal I still play overwatch with and me to once again take a break from the game.

This is what happens, and it’s not good. I REALLY want to like and play the game, but it’s just not fun anymore.

When trusting leads to frequently returning to longer and longer breaks off the game, you begin to question if people are trustworthy.

I could get behind this OP. I do believe she has most of her value tied to her Shield Bash and wouldn’t mind a CD increase IF she gets some compensation elsewhere, your idea for armor pick triggering inspire would be very good for her along with the CD reduction. It will be interesting to see what the devs decide to do with her, if anything, but a flat nerf should not be applied to this hero.

You should take everything what they say about roles with a grain of salt. I mean, they also once said that D.va’s role is to protect Junkrat tires with DefMatrix.

1 Like

To be fair, they did intend to change the meta with Brig.
And bring it on, my hammer is ready.

Something to think about:

Reducing the repair pack cooldown means that Brigitte can keep the overheal armor up on a single target constantly. With its 30m range and guaranteed hit due to the nanoboost/orb lockon mechanic means that she can keep feeding flankers repair packs without worrying of missing them.

She would shift from tank/support hybrid to tanky healer, and empower dive as Tracer wont need to recall as much and Genji can be even more daring because the uptime of repair pack is just that high.

She would also effectively supersede Lucio. Her aura would never turn off, the high mobility flankers generally do not benefit from his speed boost because of its short range but would benefit immensely from the overheal armor and lasting ult armor, as in an organized group they can stop in to recieve the ult bulking up before the push happens.

And after that bulking up the Brigitte can focus on keeping Winston and the healer duo up as long as the flankers are not too crazy.

3 Likes

“trust their balancing decisions”

makes Mercy a must pick for 8 months

Yep, I’ll be sure to trust them.

1 Like

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, because the pros have already figured out that shes a cc bot with bonus healing. They use her as a second tank along with 2 other healers, so…

Theoretically, yes. But practically 75 armor will never last that long.

She already empowers dive, ironically.

But with better healing she will provide enough healing to be able to play with Lucio. His speedboost is great for melee-oriented hero like Brigitte.

1 Like

I don’t think that one lame off-handed remark means the things they say are suddenly all invalid.

The way they are describing her in that post is exactly how she plays and the comp they described is one she’d be strong in.

And I would very much like her to be able to continue fulfilling this unique role that only Brigitte can fill.

It would be even worse, as she would have her ult up far more often since that repair pack gives a solid chunk of charge with every use.

And Repair pack would be used like a lower cooldown Zarya bubble.

And it would likely result in her aura range getting cut in half. She has the range she has because she needs to get into melee to turn it on. The permanent uptime thanks to repair kit would throw its balance off.

2 Likes

The problem is that unique role is too niche. She is great, truly great at countering dive. But thats it.
The hero that excels at only one thing and is kinda useless at all other thing will end bad. The pros are already skeptical about her future viability in OWL.

I am completely fine with her being niche, because she is good at that niche.

Trusted them to make Sombra balanced, then they first made her too powerful against tanks, then completely ruined her hack by ignoring the PTR completely and making her buggier than a compost heap. Until they prove themselves, I am not making that mistake again

No they said that Defensive matrix is able to protect Riptire. And guess what. That is one of the biggest strategies in OWL right now.

2 Likes