Make Brigitte a decent healer instead of annoying CC machine

Blizzard, please…

• Shield Bash CD increased from 5 to 7 seconds.
  • Repair Pack CD decreased from 6 to 5 or even 4 seconds.
  • Repair Pack now also triggers Inspire because granting armor is truly inspiring.

That would fix almost all her problems:

• She will become less annoying to play against.
  • Her healing will become more reliable and steady on par with other healers.
  • She will get at least some way to heal herself when there is not enemies around like all other healer.
24 Likes

Or don’t. Maybe trust Blizzard to develop heroes for the game?

Nobody has said Brigitte was meant to be a healer. The only people I’ve seen calling Brig a healer are the ones complaining she has too much CC for one.

33 Likes

Blizzard: did you mean buff Brigitte’s CC?

16 Likes

Yeah or maybe not.

1 Like

then make Tracer and Genji less annoying too oh wait they are designed to be annoying the same goes for Brigitte

12 Likes

No one has ever said Bridgitte is a healer. She is meant to be a little bit of tank and a little bit of heal. There are other healers in this game. If needed play them.
Stop trying to kill the one hero that comes closest to being a counter to Tracer and Genji.

14 Likes

“Devs, I know you made this character with this specific purpose in mind, but I don’t like that purpose. Give her another one. Make her be something else, because I don’t like that she isn’t what I think she should be.”

22 Likes

That will not change her purpose. It is just a transfer of power between her abilitites. She still will be good against flankers and dive. But longer CD would make use of her stun smarter, because now it is spammy.

And her healing is lacking and majority of top rank players already admitted that. She is too niche and works well only against dive, but in all other cases she can’t compete with other healers because of her low and inconsistent healing and can’t compete with other tanks because her sustain is not that high as theirs.

1 Like

Brigitte is already a decent enough healer. Health pack gives roughly 25 hp/s, plus another 16 from her passive = 41 hp/s. The 16 can be aoe so technically it can do a little more but 41 is fine. And if that 25 hp/s is actually half armor it’s value is increased but up to double so… add another 12 ish and it’s more like 52/53 hp/s. That’s already very acceptable. She doesn’t need healing buffs. Or any buffs. Just leave her alone.

1 Like

Wait wait wait. So she’s too destructive and makes things too difficult to play against. But she’s also too niche and only works well against dive? If she only works well against dive, then not diving would remove her ability to be effective right? And if you aren’t diving because of her, she’s doing exactly what she was specifically designed to do.

9 Likes

I just suggest to slightly decrease her effectiveness against dive, but greatly increase her effectiveness overall. It is better when hero is great in X case and good/okay in all other cases rather than when hero is super awesomely great in X case and kinda trash an all other cases.

The changes you made would make her more annoying to fight against as non-flanker, and easier to fight against as flankers. Your suggestions are to upend her reason for existing, and I honestly don’t understand how that mindset works.

Making her better at healing while decreasing her area denial would result in her being a really tough healer, and being focused by flankers. Which she would be less equipped to stop. Which would make people focus more in diving to kill her and snowball the rest of the team. Thus negating her reason for existing.

7 Likes

She is a HYBRID support/ off tank!

1 Like

She’s an anti-dive tank and currently works great for that purpose.

If you are trying to use the strategy where just rush the point, kill the support, and overwhelm the enemy then you will be countered by Brigitte pretty hard.

If you use nearly any other strategy, she’ll be easy and will need to switch.

Those changes won’t make her a better healer than any of the other dedicated healer, and will make her worse at the only reason to bring her over them.

She won’t be able to spam that ability unless you’re routinely getting in her face.

1 Like

In that case CD increase will not be even so hurtful, right?

Those changes will put her on par with other healers. Quick burst of healing with 75Armor overheal every 4 seconds and better uptime of Inspire are good arguments to take her even against non-dive comps. And an increase of Bash CD will not ruin her power against dive, she still will be great, but slightly less oppressive and annoying to play against.

Yes it would be hurtful because that’s when it’s most likely to be the case that their team is diving, and that’s the situation she was built to counter. If she can’t counter that, and she isn’t that great outside of it, why even bring her?

She’d be a failure as a tank. No real space creation and no team damage mitigation.

Do you really think that 2 second increase will completely ruin her anti-dive power? I mean, maybe 10 or more seconds would be too long, but 5 seconds is too short for such powerfull and easy to land ability. 7 seconds would be just fine to keep her good against dive.

Why you can’t understand that the whole point of buff to her healing is to make her worth to bring her in more cases, not only against dive.
For now she is too niche. And niche heroes end badly.

Yes, of course. And that is why she has to compete with other healers for a support slot in a team. And to be able to compete she needs better healing, because players want healing from supports, not niche things like Symmetra.

But if she’s a failure as a tank, then she isn’t living up to her whole concept, which is tank/support hybrid. And that is what makes her unique, worth playing, and interesting.

Any changes should allow her to succeed at both.

I think the max CD on bash she can handle is 6 seconds, tbh.

eta: It’s also not like I can pick someone else if she ends up bad if I want to play a tank/support hybrid, she is singular in that role.

The fact that her healing is low isn’t a reason to nerf her stun though.

Nerfing her stun & making repair pack more frequent along with inspire a constant heal just turns her into a tanky but immobile Lucio.

Right now she fills a niche the other Supports don’t. They should just make inspire last longer and leave her as is otherwise.

Even inspire triggering off repair pack I don’t agree with. That’d just mean the “right” way to play Brigitte is to toss out a repair pack anytime inspire stops to keep it going constantly.

So at that point, why not just make it a passive aura like Lucio?

Distinction between characters is important.

6 Likes

She should not be a full tank, it is unrealistic. To compete with other tanks for a tank slot she needs to be way more durable. An ability to use Repair Pack on herself would work, but it also could make her literally unkillable for flankers.
She is not tank/support hybrid, she is a tanky healer. And currently she is okay at her “tanky” part but lacking at “healer” part. Shield Bash CD increase will not make her less tanky, but healing buffs will make her better healer. Also ability to trigger Inspire with Repair Pack with shortened CD will also improve her self-sustain, so it will slightly compensate nerf to CC.