Make a Bloody Decision Already!

pmsl, the meta mentality is strong………

Yer lets make wait times even longer if I want to play a dps (oh that sounds like WoW), lets make people play what they don’t want to play, lets microchip people while we are at it, lets force people who paid for the game play what they don’t want to play, communism at its finest.

Metas do not always win, 5 dps and a healer wins, all supports win, omfg, people get it into your heads, its not the meta, its the team, if the team plays as one, it works mostly………

2 Likes

I am simply asking them to decide what they are going to with the product. Not forcibly and quickly bring 2-2-2. What they need to do quickly is to decide whether they should or not.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they’ve said countless times that 2-2-2 is the last thing they want to do.

So clearly, it seems like their decision is to try out many other things first?

A decision that I am quite alright with. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a little vague to be “a quote from Pulp Fiction”. If anything, I just knew you existed through the 90’s if you even knew to say “Double Dare”.

All I can say to weigh in on your rant. Chill. You speak for you, and maybe some coincidental others, but not everyone. You want to move on and play something else. Do it. No one is stopping you.

The delay on 2-2-2 is because it has such a mixed bag of opinions. If there is a huge, diminishing player base, then I’d imagine the last thing a company really wants to do is say, “Hey guys. We’re doing 2-2-2 now. Effective… Now.” That’s just a bigger split in things.

Now. I do think 2-2-2 would actually make balancing heroes easier. However, I also consider if that is the goal, then where is the time and resources to reworking everything to be viable for 2-2-2?

Here’s an interesting question for you… If they enforced a 2-2-2 composition, what are you willing to have delayed from their usual routine to rebalance everything?

“Nothing” isn’t a viable answer.

1 Like

That’s preposterous. We must treat the devs like they have superhuman efficiency /s

They bought in LFG to have this meta and other meta types made, LFG was a waste of time and development.

Being forced into a role is not going to make people play better nor make people team play. People are still going to be toxic, solo play for their own agendas etc.

They bought it into WoW, rewarded people for playing heals or tanks when it didn’t work right, if they are going to do this in OW, they need to reward people for said roles that people don’t want to play or are unwilling too. This will shorten the times down and bring people into new roles.

They never give concrete answers. It’s by design. I don’t expect 2-2-2 to come anytime soon

It’s why when they mentioned 2-2-2, it was super vague and they didn’t give a concrete answer. And it’s how they answer all the questions regarding gameplay issues. It’s always, “We’ve thought about this”, “Something like that would take a while to implement”, “We’d like to create something like that in the future.”

And etc. It’s all PR to keep the fanbase happy without revealing much at all. It’s why when they mentioned 2-2-2, I didn’t think much of it.

Since it’s just, talk. Lots of talk that means nothing.

Even though lfg exists for this.

6 months - 1 year to fix a single broken hero isn’t enough? and TWO times?

making new heroes. okay for quite along time now, we are going one stale meta to another. It does not matter if the meta is fun or not. Right, but why. Always the same heroes are seeing the sun light while other’s stay benched and waiting for the right maps. The reason the meta’s are running stale, whether it is Dive or GOATS is because the heroes that are in the meta are set. If however, they decided to go, okay lets re-balance and not release new heroes until we done with if done right and properly this will a) increase the rosters usability, b) existing meta heroes will not be benched because of it but rather be an equal options. c) After they are done as you said, it is easier to balance a hero when you have certain guidelines. I could go without a new hero for a year if they really put some work in it and re-balance it with 2-2-2 in mind or not.

PTR games are dead after 2 weeks online don’t think it’s a good move maybe only in a arcade game for a real global testing popularity and improve later if needed.

1 Like

just demand 5 v 5. it’s 6v6 in a 3 role game that causes all the problems

As a reminder, it sounds like they are fairly set on transitioning the game to a 2-2-2 restricted ruleset with role queue and role-specific skill ratings for the standard Overwatch game modes (Quick Play & Competitive). It’s not confirmed but they have stated that any changes coming to Overwatch is going to take a great amount of time in order to rework the matchmaking system entirely. For more details on this I recommend you see this thread:

1 Like

They would have to drastically buff and nerf all the heroes across the board to make this possible though, or you will never see some heroes played at all. You can be certain anyone who dares play anything non-meta will be reported instantly. How would they tailor heroes like Mei, Sym, and Torb, to compete with the likes of Hanzo, Widow, and Tracer for DPS slots? How would they make it so Zarya and Rein isn’t the optimal tank pick most of the time?

This also shows one other problem, the game will get a bit stale quick with forced 2/2/2. And with a dwindling player count, with predominantly DPS players, I’m not optimistic about longer queue times if the goal is to make people want to play.

It also messes up comp for hybrid heroes. I’m a Mei main who plays tank, usually swapping between Mei, Zarya, Hog, D.VA, Rein, and Winston. This would pretty much kill my motivation for wanting to play comp.

I foresee more people leaving before the match starts if this is done.

1 Like

I’d say you’re thinking is pretty realistic then and well thought out at this point.

You nailed it on the head. It’s either going to be the cost of heroes being released or maps and skins (and maybe events) going on halt.

I respect that you’re realistic and thought out knowing something would have to go (completely or at a way slower rate).

1 Like

just make a 222 arcade mode … people who wanna play spawnsimulator with 5 dps picks can queue for qp as usual.

They’re professional developers, that obviously means that they have to predict every consequence of their actions instantly and are never allowed to make mistakes or take time to figure out what the best course of action is. /s

1 Like

sorry they are too busy working on the SuPeR DuPeR MeGa GiGa SpEcIaL ToP SeCrIt PrOjEcT™ ® of theirs to care about making the game actually not shait. And I bet it will turn out to be something that’s just like the LFG feature-good at first sight but ultimately useless. mark my words

1 Like

I agree with everything you said. Every hero needs to be playable on every map.

You should be able to make choices and have preferences and while yes there will always be stronger characters because that’s how video games work :
They should all be comparable in strenght.

1 Like