[Main Thread} Saudi Arabia Connecting to Europe - Nov 2023

riyadh, saudi arabia. STC

https://share.pingplotter.com/153uid5xyCF

https://share.pingplotter.com/RPhHcSXVT8s

i wanna play the game, please fix this

there is no point in doing this, they are trying to convince us that hey are actually doing something so we can shut up. Its a waste of time trying to fix something with the overwatch team

4 Likes

Any action?!

All players in Saudi Arabia experienced 100% packet loss in Ping Plotter with the new Qatar servers (gmec1).

We are unable to connect to Google Cloud Qatar Servers(gmec1) .

The game routes us to EU servers

Two months have passed without a fix.

Do something!!!

4 Likes

I’m from Saudi Arabia and I can’t connect to the ME server, it always connect me to the EU server I used to play at 20 ping but now its over 100 ping and its so unbearable I might actually quit the game because of this problem , blizzard please fix this issue.

4 Likes

I actually deleted the game since I reached 80 tier.

ping in Saudi Arabia is very bad only in Overwatch you should add a server or improve the servers of the Middle East although Saudi Arabia deserves a server there are a lot of professionals and they won the World Cup doesn’t this server deserve at least not to mention the support of the Arabic language

5 Likes

I think it is time to open servers in Saudi Arabia with their winning the World Cup and the bad quality of the Middle East servers

4 Likes

The issue is still exist after hog rework patch. I’m still connected to EU servers and when I try Qatar servers in the custom game it gives me a high ping more than France and Netherlands servers. Also I can’t join practice range to try hog rework its says failed to connect to server.

3 Likes

Hello,

It’s been 10 days since you’ve requested us to do Ping Plotters on the IP’s mentioned.

Can you please update us from your end with something?

Thank you.

4 Likes

Dear Blizzard Team,

I Swear, You are wasting your money with the new Qatar Servers (gmec1), It’s Useless!, Only Qatari players can connect to it with low ping!

**Saudi and Kuwaiti players can’t connect to gmec1, and if we connect to it through custom game or blocking EU servers we get 160-190ms ping :x:

2 months passed without fix, You are the loser here not us!

4 Likes

If the problem is still unresolved, it is best to return the server to the previous location, which is Bahrain. There was no problem at all with the ping, players in KSA and kuwait still suffering high latency in ME server.

5 Likes

Agree

Amazon AWS, Bahrain is the best location for all players in GCC countries ( Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, Oman, Bahrain)

7 Likes

I can’t play the game. I’m located in the Middle East and when I queue up for a game it tells me “game found” then get it gets stuck and I get a “failed to connected to server” message in the chat.

I can enter games hosted on the European server no problem, after several attempts it took me into a European lobby. So I tried connecting to the Bahrain server manually using a custom game and the server isn’t even listed as available (alongside France’s server).

5 Likes

It moved to Qatar , you also can find it in custom game location list , they added it after hog’s rework update.

1 Like

I’ve restarted Overwatch and I don’t see Qatar as an available server. I assume this means that my client can’t ping the Qatari server, I suppose it could be because of my ISP (Etisalat in the UAE) blocking traffic to Qatar.

1 Like

The ping is even worse than eu. The game still connect me to EU servers anyway.

1 Like

The Middle East servers have been moved to Qatar for the past 2 months.
Players in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and possibly the UAE are unable to connect to the Qatar servers because there is no peering agreement between our ISPs and Qatar ISPs.

We have been complaining about this issue for about 2 months, but Blizzard won’t care at all.

check this thread for Saudi players:

and this main thread that blizzard team closed!

2 Likes

the servers keep refreshing after the update , it’s not yet stable and it doesn’t show all the servers locations in the custom , I saw all the servers and they already added qatar in the list , I also cant connect to the game when I queue and keep saying failed to connect.

I’ve never had issues in the UAE except for today; it was always 39 ms ping 99% of the time. I’ve tried pinging 34.18.0.1 and 34.1.32.1 and I get timed out with 100% packet loss.

same issue here although I’m in another GCC country and not Saudi. it’s unbearable to have to play on 160 ping on EU servers, and the problem only started like 14-15h ago for me. it seems like they aren’t too keen on fixing their own problem and instead are insisting on shutting down other threads and telling us to fix it on our own

2 Likes