[Main Thread] Rendering Device Lost - Older GPUs

Had this error since the launch of ow2, never had a problem with ow1. Game runs like butter. But crashes every other game.

Win 10
GTX 780Ti 3gig

I see a lot of 780’s in here, wonder if anyone with a 780 has managed to run the game without issues?

1 Like

With my 730 still impossible to play… I managed to finish only 2 games since it got released, yet I can get 100 fps wtf blizzard… I paid ow 1… I want my game back

3 Likes

Was hoping this would work for me, but sadly crashed 5 mins into a match.

Win10 x64
GTX780
Fast recipe for crash in “practice range”: vsync off, ultra quality, custom frame rate (f.e. 125 fps) - immediate crash on hero selection or just after.
Tested nvidia driver versions:
474.04 crash
473.81 crash
466.77 crash
465.89 crash
461.92 seems ok (my current choice)
460.79 seems ok

3 Likes

Updated to the latest driver with a clean install, 2 mins into the match I crash again…

I have the same gpu as you and this worked perfectly. Thank you for doing the leg work for us. This is a God send and should be a part of the official solutions.

It also begs for an explanation as to why.

1 Like

this worked for me: [Main Thread] Rendering Device Lost - Older GPUs - #88 by Oms-2198 - Technical Support - Overwatch Forums

The game worked for one round after I repaired it.
GPU: GTX 780 Ti

1 Like

any 970M user here? my game keep having this issues since after ow 2 patched at 3rd day release.

I have a gtx 960 and i keep getting frame drops and stuttering after a match, no matter the solution

Going to an older driver works. Oms’s post states exactly which ones work and don’t work. The most recent driver that works is 461.92, but unfortunately this F’s up ever other game’s perfomance.

Yeah no…borderless window mode or window mode doesn’t fix the problem. Still crashes. Looks like an older driver is the only choice.

unfortunately it still crash even i try 461.92. Non of the version work since they patch it after fews days release of Overwatch 2.

hey, i can’t finde the Driver Version on the Nvidia site. can you provide a link?

There is section “Beta and Older Drivers” on the main download page,
direct link to form:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

got a problem, Rendering Device Lost. it happens “Sometime”, there is one day that i can play it straight 3-4 hours and then the rest always happen around 10 minutes - 1 hour only. can give me solution devs? pls tell me, i appreciate it
thanks

GPU : Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
Driver Version : 10.27.0.8 (date : 1/21/2020)

Same started happening to me 2 days ago and has happened to me seven times now. I know it is not my gpu (hopefully it is not defected) and my drivers are up to date. Uninstalling and reinstalling did not help at all. I have Windows 11, intel arc a770 graphics card, driver Version 31.0.101.3959 which came out 8 days ago. I am at my wits end. Blizzard needs to get this fixed long term.

I didn’t have any issues until the last update, now my game keeps crashing mid game. are they not going to fix this?

GPU : GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Driver Version : 460.89 (I used latest driver 527.56)

Latest overwatch 2 (2.2.0.2.107804) crashes every 2 or 3 matches with latest nvidia driver 527.56, never had this issue before latest patch.
When I downgraded driver to 460.89 the crashes where somewhat less but still really annoying.
Please take a closer look at this issue Blizzard devs.

3070Ti and Win11 , constantly getting this, several times a day now. Definitely cannot do comp. WTF is going on?