[Main Thread] Middle East Servers - High Latency

I was so happy when blizzard released middle eastern servers and have been playing a lot since they released them because, like everyone who doesn’t love 40 ping instead of 150 ping right? Anyways, I logged on today as usual and for some reason all my games are 150 ping + and i’ve been losing lots of sr due to my ping atm.
I honestly have no clue what is causing this, either i’m always getting queued in eu servers instead of middle eastern servers, or it’s a bug. I asked general chat to see if they have the same problem but apparently they don’t.
Please reslove this issue because it’s really affecting my experience playing overwatch :frowning:

1 Like

I literally just made the same post with the same points you mentioned

You are not the only one I asked on Twitter and discord servers they all had the same problem I think that they removed it from the game because gm players were queued with diamonds

I don’t think they removed it cuz all of my friends who play overwatch on middle eastern servers get low ping games all the time whereas I always get high ping games.
And before you ask no there is no problem with my internet I checked

1 Like

I heard in the news about a broken cable that is causing internet issues in the middle east let’s hope it’s the reason so we can play normally when it’s fixed

Before the anniversary update my ping hovered between 30-60 MS . Ever since the update the ping hasn’t dropped lower than 200MS , it’s been 10 days since the last time I’ve played overwatch .
FIX THE BAHRAIN SERVERS PLEASE

I really hope that’s the issue too

I have the same issue it’s so annoying

Hey, all! Thank you for your reports! I’ve gone ahead and moved a few things over to this main thread so we can keep this discussion central to this thread. Over the last week or two, we’ve seen the spike in Middle East servers and high latency issues.

Our team is aware of the issue and looking into this issue! To help with gathering this information for our team, the following information is helpful:

• Let’s grab a screenshot of the network graph while in-game, press CTRL+SHIFT+N. Use an image sharing website like imgur and paste the URL between two ` (~ key) like so:
    `Link Here`

• Gather a WinMTR file while on the MES1 servers until the problem occurs for 10 to 15 minutes. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:
    ~~~
    WinMTR Here
    ~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

This information is greatly appreciated! Thank you again for your reports :slight_smile:

1 Like

i sent the whole thing before but thanks

Can you please fix this the game has become unplayable for me it’s even worse than before the ME servers were added. How is it even fair to play with 200 ping against people who play with 40 it’s unplayable

1 Like

send here what they asked here

I can’t access my PC right now but I hope it gets fixed before I play again

1 Like

But the problem doesn’t seem to be on pc only I have friends play the game on console and they seem to have the same problem

1 Like

Happyrogue,

The reason we mention PCs isn’t because it’s PC unique, but because that’s the easiest/best way to run the tests we’re interested in. The tests that one can run on a console are unfortunately not very robust so we can’t get much good information from them.

Please follow the instructions here to get us that information if you’re still having trouble.

1 Like

I’m really disappointed in the overwatch technical support team. Others and myself have been facing this problem SINCE MAY 8, it’s been more than a month and still no fix.
Please fix the problem as soon as possible I just wanna play overwatch with low ping.
Thank you in advance

2 Likes

Hi everybody, dev and tech team

Today i logged in to Overwatch and started playing… and wondered why the game is so soft moving and like… a lot better fps! (my fps is 60 so …)

then i realised that the game connected me to ME servers and my ping is like 98~100 :smiley: i got shocked! a drop of ping from 250~350 to 100!

that’s really good I think our tech fellas did something niceu!

still this has more work to do cuz my ping to France or Netherlands is 117! and the ME should be like 40~50 I think

(last week a sub-sea fiber cable got fixed in Persian golf, and I heard that the other damaged fibers will get fixed till next month, maybe its related)

1 Like

Does this problem happen on other games or only overwatch? Because for me it seems that so many games have the same problem like rocket league and warzone

1 Like

Warzone has a ME server located in Saudi Arabia and the ping was always (from the launch) 115~125 for us Iranians… it’s not related to any fiber or anything they just did not stabilized the game’s ping for us…

but game servers located in uae and (later) Bahrain, were good and the uae is still good (like Dota 2 and csgo etc)
cod mobile ME servers were bad too untill last week it got better a lot better I think
Bahrain servers like Fortnite and Overwatch got problems (although Ovwewatch’s ping was abnormally high! now its like Fortnight but it’s still high compare to sometime ago)

update:

Funny thing! that today Overwatch got back to EU servers! and no more Me servers for matches! haha

just a brief time of low ping…

pity

next day update!
Today the overwatch is setting me on ME servers again with a 100~ ping again!
lol

Overwatch Middle East stervers are okay now in iran. but sometimes we cannot join matches that the matchmaker finds for us. i had this happen 3 times in the last few days. I’m playing competitive just fine for 99 percent of matches. but somehow it doesn’t join a specific match and i lose sr and receive a ban. pretty sure iran’s connection is the problem but maybe you can do something about this. you can set the game in a way that if i can’t connect to a specific server, the game realizes it and doesn’t put me there (checking the connection to the lobby before putting me in it) or at least i don’t lose sr or receive a penalty for leaving.

2 Likes