[Main thread] Login screen infinite loop

Same problem, please fix blizzard

This didn’t work for me. I can play on a free account I made but get the login loop on my main account.

Ive had this issue for the last 2 days this worked thank you so much

1 Like

Same thing is happening to me as well. Its most likely due to the severs flagging us incorrectly during the ddos and we all got shadowbanned because of it. Blizzard has said nothing so far i hope this gets fixed.

please fix blizz :frowning: i just wanna play the game a payed for man

very unlikely as my son and wife can connect from our IP and I cannot, whether I try to login from the PC or the XBox X

If my ticket status says opened have they seen it? if so they literally read my ticket and never got back to me….

1 Like

that doesn’t work, I already tried twice.

wait shadowban?? that should be easy to fix why tf aren’t they unflagging people?

2 Likes

please fix blizz :frowning: i just wanna play the game a payed for man

still playing on another account, my whole battle pass sleeping in the glitched account :+1:

FREE US

same lmao. I bought the watchpoint pack literally minutes before I got kicked off and banished from overwatch 2…

This looks like it is account related and possibly an issue with accounts that merged. I have the same issue on PC and if I try on Xbox I get the LC-208 error. I created a new account and it does not have this issue.

Exactly same issue.
I created the first account and could play overwatch2 with it on PS5. Then I created other account with same phone number. (I had to remove my phone number information from the first account)
Now, I can’t login with new account. (it won’t proceed after displaying “connecting” then no info.)
I tried to put my phone number to the first account and tried to login then I could play again.
I assume this issue is related to phone protection or something.

Update, I just tried to launch on PlayStation and I got the LC-208 error!! Never been happier to see an error because now I’m sure it’s the same thing.

I’ve only seen the login loop on PC so I think PC just doesn’t show the error message.
Meanwhile console doesn’t have the login boxes, just a “Press X to play” message.

3 Likes

I CALLED IT!!! I have been thinking for days that the login loop was just the PC version of LC-208, and possibly even that LC-208 is caused by the Playstation version of the game not knowing what to do when it fails login, whereas the PC version has a way to handle that error. Really hoping they get it fixed soon. Heard something about it being cause by incorrect shadowbans during the ddos attacks? But idk how accurate that is.

I don’t own a console. I bought overwatch on pc and have only played it on pc. My ticket I opened about this login issue is now going on 4 days old with no response.

Are you seeing “An unexpected server error occurred” when trying to launch Overwatch on PC? Because at the moment as far as I see there are two issues: LC-208 on console and it’s equivalent on PC (That shows “An unexpected server error occurred” above the login form) and another issue that doesn’t show any error and is more likely to be a shadow ban that is unrelated to account merge.

No it’s an account issue. I swapped phone numbers on my account and wife’s account (hers can play the game) and it didn’t change anything. Her’s could still play mine still couldn’t.

No open means it hasn’t been gotten to yet.

Every once in a while I get that on launch. It just puts a login button there, but after clicking the button it logs in then asks for login info again.