[Main thread] Login screen infinite loop

Yeah, that’s what I was just looking in to. My launcher still says it should have ended 42 min ago.

The Battle.net app now says another hour later for me than what I initially said so I’m just gonna ignore it for the rest of the day.

Pretty shocking at this point but at least they can’t delay it forever

Nevermind, it’s begun now, so praying that it’s improved later though I wouldn’t get your hopes up cause we aren’t even sure if the LC-208 error is the same as this.

Just tried now, didn’t work. BUT apparently it didn’t fix the LC-208 error either.

I need to know how much longer is this going to take because this is getting comical. I think we’d all appreciate answers at this point, and frankly they should really delay the battle pass’ end date by a few days/week.

Do we just need to wait and give it time, and how much time? Is the problem actually a result of the issues with the player database? Is it the same issue as shown in the video below? Are they even aware of this specific issue to begin with?
Any answer from a developer would be appreciated because the posts so far are way too vague.

In the rare chance a developer is reading this, here’s a youtube video of the issue that I’ve managed to find, I may as well share this for clarity on what the issue is.

7 Likes

I genuinely am considering asking for a refund for my watchpoint pack and never touching this game again. If this isn’t fixed by tomorrow I will loose all interest in playing this game.

Same here. Still getting the same issue. bought the watchpoint pack and an extra 2k coins for a total of $60 just to be unable to play the past 3 days. How do I file for a refund.

Yea still getting LC 208 console

Imagine 3 server “fixes” later and the SAME ISSUE is still happening :clown_face:

1 Like

Was able to log in once the first day when I connected my psn to a bnet. All my progress was lost and then for the past 3 days, I’ve been getting a black flicker at the start when I press X to log in. Have yet to get in. I wait for Q to 0 the bottom bar disappears with all the Quene info and then I’m just stuck here. I tried waiting for 2 hours and it never got through. Actually catastrophic how bad this launch was.

3 Likes

lost all hope gonna create a new account and merge with my PS4

I played perfectly fine on thursday no issue woke up friday and got this non stop all day i made 4 tickets the first one was 10 hours ago that got a reply saying "It seems your account may have gotten falsely flagged by our system and resulted in a “shadowban” the other 2 no replys what so ever made one about an hour ago right after i sent it they closed it like WTF blizzard clearly they do not care about us their player base or care to inform us or acknowdledge this issue exists

I am having this same issue, please get this fixed it’s so frustrating when all my friends are able to play and i’m stuck entering my information 30x’s before giving up.

the chances of them even acknowledging this issue is slim they have ignore all my tickets about this issue and im at the point im done with them

They broke all accounts that were working before on this maintenance please revert it back Blizzard

I have had a ticket open for over 2 days now and gotten no response.

i was playing perfectly fine all day thursday woke up friday couldnt get past infinte login

I had the same issue and could fix it for me now. Yesterday I started the game, changed some settings and closed it again. After that I was in the login loop.
A few minutes ago I woke up and tried it again and had the same issue. I opened the battle.net launcher, clicked on the blue settings button on the right of the launch game button for overwatch 2 and used the option “Reset In-Game Options”.

For me it fixed the game. First start it crashed, but I could see the main menu, second start it works fine.

I try now If I get the error again if I adjust specific options in the settings.

Please check if it is also working for you.

nope people in the reddit discord for overwatch 2 tryed this no go

hmm okay. I tried to reproduce the bug, but it is working for now for me. 2 of my friends got also this bug. I try to find a fix for them and inform you guys If I got something new.

Things I’ve tried which don’t work:

• Reinstalling the game
  • Reinstalling battle.net client
  • Resetting password
  • Removing authenticator
  • Readding authenticator
  • Changing game regions
  • Resetting in-game options
  • Resetting router

I housesat last night and tried to play from a different house on completely different internet and provider, still no luck.

I tried to login with friend’s account, yep it works. He can’t login with mine. The issue is definitely account related and for some reason there’s a large number of us who have accounts which are affected.

Extremely disappointing as OW1 is tied to that account, as well as the Battle Pass which I purchased on launch day during the two hours I was able to play.

Hopefully they can resolve the issue soon.

1 Like