[Main thread] Login screen infinite loop

Hi !
Since yesterday after closing the game, i was fine playing for like 5 hours before closing it, just wanted to open the game again like one hour after, and now i’m stuck in this infinite loop : no error messages, nothing, everything seems normal like i even go to the last “step” with the “Connection…” message but it’ll send me on the login screen again and again and again after this. No matter if i’m in a queue or not, it does the same thing ( and obviously if i’m in a queue i have to wait it out like everyone else ), no matter the region, even if i switch for a different wi-fi it doesn’t work.

59 Likes

Same issue happening to me.

3 Likes

its been like 24h that i’m stuck lol i’m lost tbh

3 Likes

Having this exact issue. I would say it feels like my account is cursed but I even tried an alt account and it still happened, so now it just feels like I’m cursed. Feeling so defeated.

5 Likes

i just tried with a fresh new account and i can enter the game but it doesnt change anything with my main account

4 Likes

Got the same issue here (EU, Pc)

2 Likes

I’m having the same thing happen. I played for 20 min on the first launch got kicked mid game and now it just does what you’re describing. I can log on from my pc with my wife’s account and it logs in instantly, but with mine it starts to log in then kicks me to the login screen. A detail to add is it shows me logged in in game to friends for a few seconds while it says connecting and joining game…etc then boots me back to the login screen.

5 Likes

i suppose that it’s a sort of softban maybe coming from them trying to stop ddos attacks. just a random assumption ofc.
let us play plz lol if it’s not our client nor their servers it’s our account so it might need a manual fix from them, i’m scared that it’s gonna take a good time

2 Likes

I think it’s my phone number. I have a second battle.net account that is 5 or 6 years old (my main one is really old) and I removed my phone number from my main so I could add it to my second account. My second account gets the same result as my main account. The only variable between these three accounts that could be making a difference in my mind is the phone number is different on wife’s account.

3 Likes

i tried removing my phone number and putting the one that my new account has ( the account that can have access to the game ) and it didnt changed anything tho, so maybe but changing it has no effect unfortunatly

I could see some kind of soft ban system like they are just panic shadow banning people that are trying to connect over and over. What’s weird though is my second account I only tried once late last night with no que.

Fingers crossed that when they remove the phone number requirement tomorrow it fixes it.

I feel like that is what it might be. The number I’m using is straight talk but it accepts it when adding it to bnet account. From what I’ve seen it throws an error and won’t let you add most pre paid numbers at all in account settings on the bnet site. I wonder if it’s possible bnet accepts it for sms protection but there is some kind of conflict with the game and the game is rejecting it?

our accounts are indeed softlocked for whatever reason tho, and me having bought the battle pass make me not want to play on a new account at all lol ( i even had all characters unlocked for whatever reason, not like the new account )

What makes me nervous is that if it’s an individual account thing they might have to resolve it individually? Don’t want to be a pessimist but certainly not feeling optimistic.

Maybe but I have a T-Mobile number, so I don’t know that that would inherently cause issues?

As a test just replaced the number on my account with my girlfriend’s number, who uses a different provider than I do. Still nothing. At this point I don’t even know what to do. All my friends can get in with absolutely no issues.

EDIT:
After the first round of server maintenance the problem persists. Fingers crossed the next round catches it.

Same here. I just tried something new. I removed the number from my account and added the number from my wife’s account to my account since her’s is able to get in instantly at the end of que. It didn’t do anything. So it has nothing to do with phone numbers. It’s pretty frustrating but an easy way to see what’s happening is to set your region to asia where there isn’t a que right now. If you’re in que it will just keep popping you back to the start of the que but without a que it says, “Searching for game servers… Entering game…” and here’s where it differs from my wife’s account that goes to main menu at that part “Connecting” and then it shows login screen. If there is a que it doesn’t even throw you back to the login it just keeps putting you in an infinite que. Without que it’s infinite type your email and password.

Also I’ve had a ticket out on this issue for 24 hours. Will try to update when I find out more.

5 Likes

I’m going to kill myself if it isn’t fixed. All my friends can play no problem.

3 Likes

Submitted a ticket and tweeted at Blizzard Customer Support, just got a response saying the team is aware and working on it. So the good news is it hasn’t flown under the radar.

1 Like