Game freezing with Intel i3 / Dual core CPUs

I’m having the same problems, Nvidia 1060 3GB with G4560. Last night I played for over 5 hours on “high video settings” without any problems. Then had 2 crashes in 5 minutes and since then I cannot play this game anymore.

Solutions tried:

• Reinstalling to ssd
  • Updating every possible driver/program
  • Removed all overlays (steam, discord, nvidia)
  • Removed all mouse software
  • Added exceptions in firewall/anti virus
  • Tried every possible setting from low to medium, high, ultra
  • added ‘use –tank_WorkerThreadCount 2’

Tried every possible setting (on/off/custom/automatic) for:

• Display Mode
  • Dynamic Render Scale
  • Frame Rate
  • Desired FR/Maximum FR
  • Reduced buffering
  • Nvidia Reflex

I have read that the Pentium series isn’t supported, yet reading through these 2000+ comments makes me believe that’s not the issue here. Also I have never seen a problem/bug like these being resolved with updating drivers or reinstalling. So I wouldn’t bother that much if you just encountered this problem.

This will probably be something really small, like the ingame hud, a stutter or sound. Not something we will fix by disabling firewalls or updating mouse software.

hey
great thanks laptop users i know your spec of your gpu is good but i refrain from usung all of it for stability.

me and mey aernt currently trying to get some stability see this post

you can drop the -d3d11 if you want from the command line
also wit for 30secs before doing any crazy movements on first load onto the level

i be posting my crash report in the post above soon let me know how you get on with these setting as a laptop user also check out my laptop thead in power management for 8gb laptops

1 Like

I have tried this and the game has not survived for more than 2 and a half minutes. With the processor not overheating and the GPU being at a solid 56C (or 152F) by the time it froze. The settings are exactly the same, with the command lines being:
“-tank_WorkerThreadCount 2 -thread 2 -d3d11”

One thing that I noticed however was that everytime (before the crash) the fps dropped to a disappointing 10-20 fps before going back up to 60 (limited) then finally crashing on me.

Does the “–tank_workerThreadCount” command line really require two dashes or did I miss anything?

here my crash report
https://pastebin.com/Dgq3GvRY
if you look at your and mines right at the bottom of the page theres wer{no} here listing apps windows thinks have issue.

yours are all ati no overwatch

mines some ow2
dont get to fixated as to why that is maybe you ran dxdiag after closing the ow app.

also loaded up after this crash with out a restart and i didnt close down chrome as i was lazy and it crashed (chrome ewas uging 900mg of memory, in addition i didnt do a clean restart of the pc for any residule crashed process as soon as i entered the game spawn i noticed it was laggy and slower i knew i was in trouble and sure enough 3 mins later freeze

in my codes i notice i have razer chroma and overwatch i just disabled all lighting via synapse app. i am going to restart not load any browsers while playing.
i play for as long as i can on the above settings. EU servers for me.

I also pause windows onedrive syncs for 24hours.

same problem here
I’ve tried everything from closing every other running app to checking for faulty installation of the game even running it on low graphics even though my pc has the required specs

pc specs :
i3 6100
gtx 1050 ti

try this --tank_WorkerThreadCount 2 -thread 2 with low settings disable dynamic res cap fps to 30 or 59 disable and fsr

I have done two games with the command, but at some point the game froze sadly

On a second attempt, it seems that the game has went on for more than 5 minutes after placing the second dash to the “–tank_WorkerThreadCount 2” command line - I have been walking around the map waiting for it to freeze but surprisingly it keeps going. In the settings, I have also turned on V-Sync which limits my fps (automatically) to the monitors hertz (60).

I will try and attempt to set the settings to low to see if this is a problem regarding the games graphics. Take note of that real quick.

try this command --tank_WorkerThreadCount 2 -thread 2

i need a dxdiag while game is hung also are you using these setting NOTE DESKTOP USERS THIS IS A LAPTOP THING WE TRYING

1280x720*
medium preset
then
occulstions off
relections off
dynamic reflections off
lighting low

fps custom 30
limit data send and recieved as on
details /displayed everything all turned on my vram inload is about 5-600mg in game 1.gb ish so half load for the gpu

Blockquote -–tank_WorkerThreadCount 2 -d3d11

i am running -d3d11 mey is running without that tag

try this command --tank_WorkerThreadCount 2 -thread 2

listen to this guys

1 Like

This command fix it for me.
–tank_WorkerThreadCount 2 -thread 2

Thanks!

guys do not forget 2 hyphens in the command

Update on that, I kept the game going for 20 minutes and still no crash after adding in “–tank_WorkerThreadCount 2” alongside “-thread 2 -d3d11” with medium settings (which have ate most of my FPS but hey, it works).

I’ll now go ahead and see if I can run the game fullscreen, lowest settings without having it crash. If it does then this seems to be my ticket out of this frozen agony.

for me its worked fullscreen low set 60 fps cap

with 4 or 2? with 4 my game barely drops fps, but i think if i uncap it the freezes will return

You mean the Dxdiag of the crashes or the Dxdiag of our specifications? Got me lost a bit there.

Missed you all. No news to report.

14 Likes

So, an update to this

After 5 hours of testing here is what I found:

• There’s definitely some relation with crashing and my speaker.
    I’m saying this because no matter if I switch my speakers cable to the motherboard audio ports or to USB it still freezes within the first 1-2 games.

However with my headset it is still playable for a long time, in fact I didn’t crash while I was using my headset.
Weird if u ask me