[Main Thread] EU Servers - high latency

No moderating powers, just green text. The forum is a player-help-player area, with no guaranteed responses from staff in any region. They read some threads, but not all. Instead, the ticket system is always recommended if you only want to speak to employees of Blizzard.

I agree with you about regions, but I think it’s because there are lots of ISPs here communicating with US staff and lots of ISPs in that region doing the same. It probably helps with the communication channels.

Also, are you saying if you open a ticket it never gets answered? It just remains open forever?

Edit:

That’s an interesting circumstance. It doesn’t appear to be happening from the WinMTRs provided, but doesn’t mean it isn’t happening for some players.

So what you are saying it, posting on the forums is a completely pointless exercise.

Good. Well worth having a “technical support” page if you don’t get technical support.

Having bronze Barry tell everyone one in the UK that “it is probably your ISP”… Is about as good as this area gets, and that is pretty embarrassing for a company this size.

As for tickets…

They get answered. You get a copy/paste reply and they it is marked as “resolved”.

It is almost as if that office is a scam and they are just doing nothing all day.

Issue seems to be resolved now - check in game and see if yours has come down too.

1 Like

Nope, I am definitely not saying that. There are lots of technical issues that can be investigated and resolved through the community here: crashes, latency in the home network, fps loss, etc. But if we need to get super technical, connection troubleshooting is provided as a courtesy through their company. Their user agreements offer no guarantees of server uptime or connection stability – though they usually do the right thing to help resolve it.

Hopefully, it’s resolved like Dace mentioned.

Hello, I know there has already been a conversation on this subject but none of the fixes worked for me. So basically on day with my friend I chose to play on NA servers, and since then I have NA ping on EU(I am EU). At first I thought it was playable but then I realised not at all. Can someone please give me hand on this I am not really good with technology.
THanks in advance.

i have the same problem at the moment however don’t remember going on NA servers

Funny you should mention US servers. I was just posting in another thread about the possibility that some people in EU are being routed through login/verification servers in the US. This actually happened a year or so ago and took a couple of days for Blizzard to diagnose and resolve it.

It was a similar problem - something changed in OW/Battlenet, some people suddenly had a very consistent elevated latency exactly like having being connected to the US from western/central europe.

I live in Europe however while on overwatch i seem to be redirected to a different server, because when I play any other game i average around 35-43ms but on overwatch i receive an average of 185-200ms, its to the point i have better ping when I play on NA (120ms avg), any solutions?

Not sure when you noticed this, but it’s been happening to a lot of people these past few days. Some are even spiking to 700ms or so. It seems to just be an issue for EU servers.

1 Like

Seems like it just got fixed - at least for now? Check it out on your side.

Right, so I have been playing this game for just under a year now and have never had this problem before. I’ll try to explain it as best I can.
Opening the app is normal, as is loading it up and queueing for games, but once in the game my ping is incredibly high (~400ms) and steadily settles down to exactly 118ms. Why 118ms?? I know it sounds a bit privileged but generally I’m around 30ms and it feels like a fixable problem. I’ve tried everything except renewing my IP (doesn’t work) and am in need of a samaritan to help me. Thanks for reading!

Also I ran some diagnostics in Looking Glass that I don’t understand the results of, but I’m unable to put it in this post.

this is a blizzard issue, you’re not the only one experiencing it right now, we just need to wait for them to fix it unfortunately

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for taking the time to report the sudden latency issues when playing on EU servers. If you are still experiencing the issue, please continue to monitor the issue as we continue to investigate the underlying cause on our EU-specific forum thread:

2 Likes

this exact issue has been happening again and again on a nearly monthly basis for over a year

inside your network (AS57976), connected to LINX: you route packets from LD5 (in Slough, UK) through NYC (NY8) then back to Paris

presumably each time a router reboots somewhere

time to invest in some monitoring?

1 Like

I also have problem witch high latency. I usually have around 50ms in other games but in overwatch i have like 100+ :confused: