[Main Thread] Console LC-208

The latest update post sounded like that was it for fixes over the weekend so I’m not expecting anything until next week.

Possibly the worst launch of an online game I’ve ever experienced.

2 Likes

I was lucky and managed to log in late into the evening on PS5 at around 2 AM on 10/5. This has thankfully matched up well with my work schedule as I work nights and am able to be up until the early morning. I repeated this routine with no issues leading up until this evening. The most recent maintenance re-introduced the LC-208 error. Despite attempting to log in for about 3 hours whilst doom scrolling on my phone, not a thing had changed. Decided to give up at this point as it appears that the recent maintenance has straight up broken my multi-platform Switch/PlayStation/PC account. I’m really hoping that they decide to offer a week’s extension to battle pass if this keeps up. My PC can no longer handle gaming. Console is my only option. :confused:

Originally I had the LC-208 error then it was fixed from one of the patches and now I can’t even login again because of the recent patch….

What’s going on here ?!? When will this be fixed?

1 Like

What’s funny is that the game logs in perfectly on my main account but shows this LC-208 error bs on my alt account. Like, how can the servers be down? I am literally using the same everything, just on different accounts. I also play on Xbox

1 Like

I ended up making a new account and playing on that. Kinda ironic Blizzard put measures into prevent smurfs but their launch issues have meant I’ve had to make a smurf account to even play.

I was playing fine yesterday on my main account on both PC and PS5 until 03:00. Today however I’m getting this issue on both platforms.

Switching to another account logs me in on pc at least :confused:

1 Like

It’s also broken in Xbox and Switch :expressionless:

Getting that on Xbox myself, I was able to previously play the game prior to the latest maintenance, but now am getting lc-208. This is getting tiresom. Been playing OW1 for years, and this is what now?

Yeah I’m another one who had lc-208, had it fixed and got in a day worth of play and this morning had it broken again. Genuinely can’t believe this, I know it can’t be easy fixing this stuff, I know that, but Jesus, to be teased with one day of play to then go back to “nope sorry, gtfo” is frustrating.

1 Like

Yes we both were one of the unlucky ones since launch, then it got fixed and now LC-208 all over again !

I’m really getting tired of this and wouldn’t be surprised if this doesn’t get fixed this weekend.

2 Likes

Ive been able to get on and play a few games. This morning ive had nothing butbthe LC-208 error on PS4 reset network, run network test, checked for updates and still getting the same issue

Tbf I didn’t think the first time it got fixed that it was going to happen as soon as it did. So HOPEFULLY we’re both wrong and they’ll fix it within the day. Otherwise I’ll have to play, urgh, Paladins over the weekend xD what makes it worse is my wife’s still able to get in so I just gotta watch in envy xD

I’m in the same boat with you guys, was never able to log in and play until yesterday finally, then this morning after the last maint I’m back to Unexpected Server Error and LC-208. Ugh…

6 Likes

Im no scared to boot it up when i get home. I had fun yesterday to see it smashed

1 Like

I’m able to play as a new account but I’m also getting an error where the game disconnects whenever I get an Xbox notification pop up.

It’s beyond belief how bad my experience with this game has been.

I have the same fricking problem but ut just started today blizzard please fix this error i really wanted to play :frowning:

Iam very weary of this game. Yesterday I was able to log in finally for 2H since Launchday. And today cant play again. I was very patiently with Blizzard but not anymore. I bought both Watchpoint Packages, where the most Items/skins from OW1. Its weekend. Iam a Father with a little 7 months boy and my wife got me this Weekend for me and my Overwatchfriends. I dont have every Day time. I will do all of my best with my lawyer to get my Money Back.

2 Likes

Good luck with that, just the conversation with your lawyer costs more than the $40 for the game.

Just file a ticket with whatever platform you bought it on and they’ll likely refund it.

Have not had this error until maintenance last night. Guess I’ll make a Smurf account for the first time ever.

I can confirm it’s due to merged accounts. I can play no problem on my second account that wasn’t merged. O my main keep getting LC-208, that is merged to ps5.

Got into the game for the first time yesterday. Had fun, played until the patch. Now got this lc-208 error smh. Definitely the worst launch I have ever experienced.