[Main thread] Aug' 04 - Competitive mode unavailable

what’s going on???

2 Likes

some people can’t even log in to the game

1 Like

Hey everyone,

There have been some log in service issues today, preventing folks from getting into the game. The Competitive mode has been temporarily disabled to allow the engineers to restart some critical services involved with this. We didn’t want to do this work while people were in competitive matches and have them disconnected.

Sorry for the disruption! Hopefully things will be back up and running smoothly soon.

27 Likes

Thanks for letting us know about this Kal.

Any word on when it will be fixed?

Could we get some information regarding algorithmic handicapping in competitive? Many players are deeply disconcerted and feel that the integrity of the system leaves much to be desired.

4 Likes

I literally just came out of a comp game and got so worried that i got banned or something lol, thank god i at least didn’t get any connection error and got disconnected.

2 Likes

DUUUDE I thought I am permabanned or something as well.

1 Like

So a little in-game pop-up telling the situation when clicking Comp would be good.

Otherwise, good on the engineers for not booting a bunch of people out of matches and giving them all -50SR.

Oh, and if the pop-up could give an ETA on when fixes are expected, that would be good.

Yea, sorry! Didn’t mean to cause a panic :laughing:

Things are moving quickly, and we wanted to avoid catching folks mid game if possible.

8 Likes

Cheers love the Kalviery’s here

11 Likes

Mr. Kalviery, I have a question if I may.

30-40 minutes ago I played a numbani game and two people got disconnected at the same time - one from my team, one from the other team, do you think it had something to do with this?

We played 5v5 the entire match.

Take a like for your pun.

2 Likes

As a heads up, when these services are restarted players will be knocked offline.

Will let you all know if I get any more updates.

8 Likes

Literally the reason I chose this name, thank you :heart:

22 Likes

Is there an ETA on when it will be restored?

now that you’re here… give us ow2 news quick!

2 Likes

Damn I’m so glad I saved my workshop game. Got kicked out of the game like 3 minutes later.

Arcade modes don’t work either. Everyone is getting kicked.

Fix your servers FFS.

Hey it is good to fix the problem! Thank you for the update, hopefully you can all get home on time after work! (no traffic jams!) . :slight_smile: