[Main Thread] Account information missing

I have absolutely no idea since I don’t work at Blizz and they haven’t made any comment on this.

1 Like

Ah, ok. Still am not sure if I should bother doing the daily, weekly and season challenges or not because I’m afraid they might get overwritten once I get back my data.

Thanks.

I wish I knew more info, I would definitely share.

Edit:

Hmm, looks like some other players said it was ok.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/en/overwatch/t/i-got-my-cosmetics-back-here’s-how-i-did-it/701145/9

2 Likes

No worries. Hopefully, this will all get resolved soon.

Check that thread above!

Thanks for this.

Wonder if this fix will work for those like me who only ever played on PS4, simply updated OW to OW2 like a regular patch, and have no need to merge accounts from another platform.

Will try clicking the Merge Account button (if the button actually works) and see if it resolves my blank profile issue after some time.

Alternatively, seems we all have to patient, for maybe a week or more, until the server issues are resolved.

Glad someone else had this - Let’s hope it gets fixed soon.

I still can’t click the merge accounts button. Only ever played on PS4, still on PS4.

Any one else in the same boat?

1 Like

Thanks for this.

I initially I didn’t merge my account because I only had one but yesterday I did it because I read someone posting that they got their items back after merging their accounts. My migration is still in queue and I’m still waiting, though. Earlier today when I logged in to check there was 130000 ahead of me but 3 hours later when I logged in again to check it went back up to 190000. Just now it went back down to 140000. So hopefully, it won’t go back up again.

I don’t know if this will fix yours, but it worked for both my husband and I. We played 10 matches on these new blank accounts… once we played 10, the home screen changed and all modes were unlocked. Closed app, logged back in and we got the prompt to merge accounts/get our account back. Now just in a queue for that to happen. I’m on PS5.

I’m super relieved to see everyone getting their stuff back!

I have a question: I have only ever played OW on my ps4 and only have one OW account. So, will I still need to click the “merge account” button to get my account back? (my battlenet has been connected to psn for months already)

… it still hasn’t done it I made sure it was merged plus even if it wasn’t it should’ve just been done automatically compared to people having the possibility to lose all their progress

Compared to taking a game out like I said I didn’t pay for overwatch 2 I paid and played overwatch 1 and had all the progress for it to be lost just for no one to help out and all you keep saying is the same message on repeat and saying the account will be around somewhere at this point I’d be wanting reimbursement but doubt that’ll happen I had a lot riding on my account now no one to help gg wp :+1:

The staff acknowledged that some accounts appear blank.

They said they are working on it.

I did NOT give you an estimated time when it would be fixed. I do not work at Blizzard.

Can someone else explain this to Pandakevin?

You right but so many hours into just playing a game for it to be gone… it’s kind of degrading

I know your saying it’s not gone but like for the majority I feel it’s gone no one has even reached out about it apart from noticing the issues in hand like I said I feel they should have some support system in hand compared to just forums that’s my take on it anyways

Somebody else said they had spent 200 dollars on overwatch I would be livid not to have my stuff that would feel like I’ve wasted all that money

2 Likes

Do you know how long they take to reply to tickets, because i lost my entire account, not just overwatch, like my whole blizzard account with my WoW and BOCW etc, just deleted my entire account :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve heard the ticket times are approaching a week+, so expect delays.

Are you expecting someone to personally email or call you? They posted an announcement. That’s the acknowledgment.

Not that like I’m not saying the tickets but shouldn’t they at least have some form of sorting this out for individually like imagine if they say it’s sorted and it’s still not sorted for a certain majority of people who play

I wouldn’t be annoyed about any other game but I have I reckon 1500+ hours
into it that’s all and then just going onto overwatch 2 like I thought I did the merge process like I remember clicking it and going through it all that’s all on overwatch 1

christ… thats insanneee