Made my own role based sr

I really like the idea of specializing in a role, however I enjoy this game too much and have fun with all of the roles. In order to not throw by playing my worst roles at peak sr, I decided to make my own “role based sr” by having an account for every role. Main dps, flex dps, flex (off tank), main tank, main support and flex support. Took me a lot of money and time but I really enjoy playing Overwatch this way.

https ://imgur.com/hojEg83

I definitely feel like blizzard should considering doing role based sr especially since my highest sr on my best role (main tank - 2835) is over 1000 sr higher than my sr on my worst role (flex dps - 1763)

6 Likes

Does the sr is different for each role? I don’t really understand it.

And, what’s the difference between main dps and flex dps? I saw Widow, Tracer and Sombra on one account while the other is Hanzo, Genji and Torb.

Interesting picture but hammond is not an off tank.

1 Like

hammond is an offtank

3 Likes

Hammond is an off tank, they say with no explanation.
Well guys, it’s time to retreat. My opinion is changed forever.

your explanation
I am a main tank player i play offtanks

he fits into offtank more than main tank.
you cant say he is a main because he can do some of what a main tank does.

I don’t give any reasons as to why he is a main tank because you didn’t give any reasons why he was an off tank.

Off tanks are about protecting their teammates and peeling, therefore maintaining space their main tank created by preventing enemies from getting picks. For example, a Zarya bubbling a Zenyatta getting meteor striked by a Doomfist is an Off tank’s job.
Main tanks are about making space and pushing with their team. Shields usually have enough health for their allied DPS to get picks, etc. However, shields aren’t the only way to engage. Hammond has mass CC and will protect his teammates by sponging damage with his adaptive shields, and has enough mobility to get out alive. He is horrible at peeling as he has no way to protect his teammates. Hog can hook people diving their supports and OHKO them if they are not a Tank. Zarya can bubble her teammates. D.va can peel by flying in with Defense Matrix. While Rein and Orisa can protect their teammates for long enough for them to hopefully get picks, and Winston and Hammond can distract fire from their teammates, allowing them to get picks as well.

Is that clear?

4 Likes

Roadhog with his hook says Hi.

main tanks job is to also peel for the team.

they dont help main tanks maintain space by defending. they generaly help main tanks in controlling and defending space.

literally only zarya can do that. does that mean roadhog and dva are not offtanks? oh wait so they are main tanks then?

legit what offtanks are about. main tanks frontline more tho and thats the only difference. hammond cant frontline 24/7 he goes in and goes out like dva does. he works well with winston because he can help winston empty cds such as stun sleep anti etc by going in with him.

literally dva can do the same with dm and her cc with her boosters, is she a maintank then?

literally he has the best tools to peel.
knockback of his is best in tank class a well hit knockback can force the harassor in a stick spot where he is vulnerable. his immence hitbox with adpative shields let him body block and spong damage.

• Hog hook can peel for his teammates or get picks from the enemies.
  • Main tanks can protect their team but are usually too slow to “peel”
  • That sentence is so confusing I can’t argue against it.
  • No, it’s just one example. A different example is d.va can stop a fire strike or something from hitting a teammate.
  • Maybe in Bronze I guess. Off tanks can’t make space because they don’t have as much survivability. For example, your entire team can’t get behind a Zarya bubble, and if D.va played like Hammond or Winston she would feed without help from a main tank.
  • D.va has different cc, which is less effective, and can’t get hundreds of shields in a second. DM is more of a tool for diving Widows, Bastions, etc
  • If you try to peel as Hammond you will drop to silver.

i peel with hammond just fine. peeling with hog thought yeah thats silver city right there.

How come you’re in Plat then

oh i see you are losing the debate so you are rank shamming huh. You are not worth my time
btw you dont even play main tank lmao
explains why you think he is main tank

1 Like

Oh I see you are losing the debate because you don’t have proper spelling and are low rank. You are not worth my time
Even then, neither plats nor diamonds decide who is a main tank and who’s not. That’s kind of up to top level play, who mostly agree he’s main

emongg
harbleu
yeatle
all say his is off tank
bye
you cant go into a debate knowing you lost so you go to rank shamming you are not worth it bud cya later

2 Likes

Proof of that?
And I can’t lose a debate if I didn’t change my mind.

cant spell apparently lmao.

watch any of em and ask them you are not worth my time

I like how this post was normal for like 2 replies and then turned into “Is Hammond a main or off tank?”

(Which to be fair, I’ve only ever seen him used in pro games as a solo tank / main tank. But I don’t watch OWL much)

2 Likes

“You are not worth my time” yet you keep replying.
Can’t spell? You are one to talk.
Return to plat, climb, try again.

sorry for derailing your thread I shouldnt have wasted my time with them. This is well done thank you

1 Like

I know hammond is a main tank in OWL, but to me it’s easier to lump him in with the off tanks since he doesn’t have a shield. At the sr that I play at if you try to play hammond/dva it’s always “We need a shield”. And the difference between main and flex dps is that main dps is hitscan and flex dps is mostly projectile.