Luck, matchmaking and losing streaks

You see? Don’t you see how dishonest you are :slight_smile: I think you need to do a lot on yourself first before suggesting anything to me. I find it funny though since anybody can just scroll few pages up and see what I said about that.

Oh your ego. :rofl: Yes I was only waiting for you to reply to my post.
We are done here replying to your posts is really not productive.

If replying to my posts was so unproductive, I personally would never reply to them. Hell I would even avoid them. I never replied to so many people that replied to my posts, because I did not find them to be constructive. Only tells me more about how you personally do not have a problem per se, but rather wanted to start up a conversation with people you do not agree with on this forum.
There are people in real life for that, people who have studied to perfect that craft and who get paid to listen.

But then again next time go through my agent if you want to hate me more. We are both on a clock.

No I find it frustrating and so are a lot of people. My op has nothing to do with me not being able to climb and yes in some ways it is holding me back.

I am pretty sure less luck in a matchmaking is a good thing and if they are saying that a big part of a losing streak could be luck then, yes they should minimize that.

Players on the other hand should try to fix their gameplay.

See? This is where I draw the line. LichQueen is one of the nicest people here and one of the few you can have an amicable conversation where both parties disagree. You stopped replying to me when I showed the holes in your ‘logic.’ There isn’t any but because you learned some fancy-pants words (not their definitions but who cares about that part?) you have this aura of condescension.

Newsflash: disagreeing with you is not a strawman. Rewording you is not a strawman. A strawman is an opponent presenting an argument the other side never made that is far weaker/fallacious so they can rebut it instead of the point made.

Ad Hominem: an attack to the arguer rather than the argument kinda like the part I quoted above. Anyone can read LichQueen’s history and learn about a humble, average player trying to improve on her own and hoping others can too.

Mkay then are you also a “creep” because you read their posts?

You showed me nothing. I dont need your gotcha moment I already wrote that. :slight_smile:

You showed just that you like to start arguments and heat up the debate without reason. Both of you just look where we are and why?

Because I said that matchmaking should rely less on luck. Heh. Look in the mirror and ask yourself who started this unproductive discussion completely derailing the discussion.

Edit: If you marry please DONT invite me. :slight_smile:
Cheers.

The saddest part of it all being, people who are actually experiencing what he wrote are going to be disregarded just because he posted it only to start up an argument with the forum people he does not like. He could not have picked up a post of mine or yours on another topic or started it up from there or actually posted a new one where he really wanted to argue.

His topic has nothing to do with OW itself or its problems, it has to do with him arguing with people he does not personally like. I never knew that this forum is about liking someone or disliking someone.

His post was never about a specific problem per se, his post was to start a topic about people like me, and I most inadvertently may have fallen into his trap.

He seems to be more and more an alt account of some people who might have gotten silenced due to “inappropriate language” or whatever mods seem to find inappropriate these day so he just “had to get it out” in one way or another.

I just find it particularly sad to hate on another forum member, like they are going to get them to a higher SR. The more you hate the more SR you gain.

And I was personally never the one to hate on anyone on this forum, even if I disagreed with them. I mostly write how I personally am bad in this game.

But disregard all of that, he is actually minimizing all the issues or problems other ppl might be having with this game. He is actually minimizing low elo experience of ppl who are in those elos by simply hating on certain forum members. Who the hell cares what a non important forum member has to say? Who?

It will neither you give you or take away any SR you might gain or lose. It will only prevent other people asking for help.

1 Like

Newsflash: you don’t disagree with me you disagree with something that I didn’t say. Good?

You dont even know what ad hominem is. You misuse it like a large part of population just to sound smart.

If I say “you’re wrong, and you’re an id0t” this is not ad hominem this is simple an insult (I dont know where I insulted someone?).
If I say “You’re wrong because you’re an idi=t” that is ad hominem.

You are not helping anyone you are only helping yourself. Your ego and your dishonest attacks are really appalling.

His post was never about a specific problem per se?
I am minimizing low elo experience ?
He seems to be more and more an alt account of some people who might have gotten silenced due to “inappropriate language”?

… and you go on and on…this is actually pretty disgusting but you actually never look at your posts right? It is always about others (but not in an ow game :rofl: ).

How am I helping myself? In what way? I neither gained nor lost any SR due to this topic. And I am certain to say, neither has anyone else.

How is my ego and me being appalling helped or hindered anyone’s gameplay right here and right now? Or in general, since you follow my posts.

:slight_smile: Unbelievable. Just a post before you built my whole character (from forum posts) even though nothing of that will solve anyone’s gameplay and just troll me more.

Now you are asking ME how telling you that you have a big ego will solve gameplay issues?
It will not. :slight_smile:

Edit: I just read it again and I misunderstood what you meant but you did too with your statement so whatever…what I said is still true.

I don’t misuse it. I know what an insult is and, yes, there can be an aside in an argument but you’re not doing that. Your rebuttal is succinctly put as attacking those who disagree with you. You haven’t rebutted mine or LichQueen’s argument just said things about us. I have better things to do so I’ma bounce. Good job proving once again your unmerited condescension in action.

If I schooled you about correct usage of logical fallacies don’t feel threatened. You wanted to teach me something?
About my unmerited condescension: The pot calling the kettle black.

I can see it, that is true tbh, clear point, but unfortunately it is a human factor than game factor, ppl are just stupid and game is very complicated to work as intended with such a behaviour. On top of that blizzard implements flexQ which provides more throw matches in favour of shorten q, and now normal Q becomes even 30% bigger for dps role, and that is just sad design by devs.
I would recomend to play 2-4 stack with your friends on tanks, cause tank role is a mess rn for all, stacking is the only way to stabilize game for your self and decreas mm randomness.

so you are saying that lose streak matchmaking is not a thing in overwatch. (just want to mention that it was confirmed in other games like league). i will have to disagree with you, forced losing is for sure a thing in overwatch as it is in other games, why would you just give players the rank and teammates they deserve when you can tease them and force them to play more and have shorter q times. My example: after 36 games with winrate 73% i was just 7 sr to rankup and “totaly fair” matchmaking system just started shlting on me with griefers, leavers, people that dont even speak or understand english and other dogshlt. and “very suddenly” when i droped 150 sr it was all good again, and you know what, i got back to almost rankup with 100% winrate in those 6 games or so and that shlt happend again in total 5 times now. i am very tilted and i will most probably just take a help from roommate (top500 player) to get over this nonsence.

This happened to me too, when I need 1 or 2 games for GM I drop like a rock happened 5 times now aswell, I just dont uderstand. I really dont.

I support this thread. There is no such thing as “luck” in ranked competitive play when every match is being handicapped with MMR. More information in my thread on the subject:

1 Like

Further to this, the patents we know are in ATVI games:

Rigging at the Laddering level:
US20200114268A1 - Rigged matchmaking so you grind and feel engaged instead of progressing too quickly.

Rigging at the match-level:
US20160001186A1 - Handicapping teams and rigging balance to make games “fun”. This one forces 50/50 outcome estimates.

Rigging literally mid-match, dynamically, during fights:
US10857468B2 - In-game rigging i.e. dda/hitbox scaling so people think their hanzo actually landed 4 headshots in a row. Also scales stuff like ult charge% passives to tip the scales suddenly. Helps with content, excitement, and viewers.

Imagine thinking you’re good (or bad) at a rigged game.

2 Likes

Forced losing streaks are real. And so are forced winning streak. It seems to be random, but what I know for a fact is that whenever you start to climb, the matchmaker will do it’s best to stack odds completely against you, unless it knows who you are.

My theory is that they do it by matching you with people who have recently been reported for gameplay sabotage or abusive chat multiple times, people who have suicided multiple times in their recent games, and generally people who are currently performing poorly and are more prone to throwing and being abusive. At the same time, it will match you against people who are performing exceptionally well for their SR and do not have a recent history of problematic behaviour. It doesn’t always get it right tho, probably on purpose, so even in a losing streak you will squeeze in a win or two, and a forced win streak will have some losses.

Why am I saying this? I hit my highest ever SR today, 3142 on support. Now, a few hours later, I’ve dropped all the way to 2950 and after getting a bit tired of support, I went from 3034 to 2936 on tank.

Why do I believe it’s forced? Because of the people I’m being matched with and the fact that they very rarely appear on the enemy team. I’ve seen people throw before, I’ve seen people being exceptionally toxic, but never in such quantity and so many in a row as today, the day I hit my career high.

Why do I believe it’s not just me playing poorly? Because no matter how well I’d play these games, no matter how much I’d heal, no matter how much I’d help secure kills, it wouldn’t matter, because these people were making sure that the game would be a loss or they simply didn’t care. So unless I went full #1 Baptiste insane aim mode and just killed everybody by myself, it would be a loss. I also don’t tilt that easily, so It’s not just tilt-losing. I only started being really frustrated when a certain duo decided to harass me a throw my game, more on that below.

Just today, I’ve had:

• Multiple players repeatedly throwing themselves off the map
  • Multiple Reinhardts constantly charging right into the enemy team and dying, often trashtalking while at it
  • Multiple terrible Reddit Lúcio wannabes
  • DPS leaving voice once asked to counter a Pharmercy that was freely farming us supports, completely uncontested the entire game
  • A team half of which died literally within seconds of the round, before I even finished a WB rollout. From then, they would just keep trickling in and dying before any action even began until we lost.
  • A “smurf” DPS who would just trashtalk everybody while only getting about 4 picks in the entire game himself.
  • And finally, the cherry on the top, a DPS/tank duo who began the game by screeching into the mic as loud as possible, suggested ridiculous things like frontlining as Bastion (which they did), bragged about doing drugs at the moment, and then falsely accused me of calling them the n word and asking the enemy to report me.

I’m sure I’ve forgotten some. There’s too many to remember. It’s just not a coincidence this happened the very same day I reached my all time high SR. It’s not a coincidence such things happen consistently every single time I start climbing. It’s not a coincidence when it happens in such ridiculous streaks. It’s simply not possible that this is all by chance. And it’s not only happening to me.

Most “unranked to GM” are just as rigged. These players are using the same PC, same network connection, a completely fresh account and they’re streaming it live. Blizzard know who they are the moment they make that account and will always give them more favorable matches. ML7 does unranked to GM with only support heroes, one at a time, and he avoids using his mechanical skill to his advantage while doing it. The overwhelming majority of his games, his team is simply better than the enemy and he doesn’t even have to do that much. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying he’s just riding along, he’s doing a lot of work and playing very well, but very rarely do these players get unwinnable matches with people actively throwing their game or being overly toxic.

In this game, it’s not enough to be better than the enemy, you also need to be good enough to make up for people actively trying to drag you down. You need to be better than everybody and not just slightly, you need to be light years better than everyone around you to even begin to dream of climbing legitimately by yourself.

Until I see exactly how the matchmaker works from a reputable source, I won’t believe it’s chance. Until I see a better player than myself climb on my account, on my setup, as support, without abusing their much superior mechanical skill (at which point they might as well play DPS), I won’t believe climbing isn’t actively being prevented.

I’m telling you Blizzard does some funny stuff.

Hmmm. New accounts could be given “cleaner” matchmaking to…Can’t think of a better word here than: TRICK them into getting hooked on the game on false grounds. That would explain why so many of them find themsleves teamed up with me - an established player that doesn’t knowingly throw games and generaly tries to play intelligently. Makes it fun for them, and trashes the quality of games for me…

That’s just one type of luck:

• Getting a noob in team
  • Getting a placer in team (unstable rank, extra fun if combined with above…)
  • Toxic person triggered off his gourd
  • Toxic group, out to bully the first fool that talks in voice
  • Kid just derping around on his sisters account.
  • People that “play a game before work/school”
  • Actually mentally chalenged people (I assume it happens).
  • Derankers
  • Trolls
  • Leavers
  • Fragile people who get set off if you as much suggest they swap off whatever they are playing.
  • Chronic feeders that just can’t stop going in alone (Possibly because they are mentally challenged idk)
  • Low ELO people that try to pull off high skill heroes and can’t
  • Boosters
  • Boosted
  • Flex que dps mains that can’t.

Some of these you can sort of pull a win out of, others you can’t unless your other teammates are very good.

These games make up about 50% off all games in gold and it’s a shame because many of these things could be avoided by designing a better matchmaker…

Thanks for providing these patent codes, I am making a note of them in my file. Is there any other info you can share on this?

2 Likes