Lucio ultimate is terrible at this point

I find that Lucio’s Ult is good for quick pushes on enemy lines most useful when surging the choke point or trying to take back the cart.

I do think that they could increase the speed at which he can cast it but that’s moot. Anyway its not really meant to be like Mercy’s or Moira’s.

Moira’s Ult is more useful for sinking the shield at the choke if you want to play it safe.

I want sound barrier to stay longer before it decays.

the ult takes so long because people jump before they use it and that makes it take longer if you use the ult to get ontop of something like a payload its almost instant

but i do think it should be able to negate dva bomb and decay completely within 5 seconds

And whats up with his boop its still broken.

Are you on methamphetamine?

I feel like his Ult should Push the enemies back as well as providing longer protection, it would improve dive pushes by booping the opposing side in a 360 radius and keeping the team protected for a bit more. as a lucio main I also feel like he needs a buff to his Ult and acceleration.

Sound Barrier’s an insanely weak ultimate, especially in this meta, but even in general. Sound Barrier can hardly save anyone from Soldier sights, if you don’t have a barrier for example. Sound Barrier is SUPPOSE to counter high burst damage ultimates like Pulse Bomb, RIP-Tire, Bastion Tank Mode, ect, but because of it’s 0.8 second delay and it’s rapid shield decay, it’s either canceled before it’s activated, and when you FINALLY land it right, it doesn’t do anything because the burst damage + decay wipes it out almost instantly.

You have to time it PERFECTLY, and I mean PERFECTLY VS Rip-Tire or Pulse Bomb, almost to the point of you’re blindly guessing. Lucio’s been struggling for a while, and it’s not because his kit is bad, but because he pretty much doesn’t have an ultimate, similar to McCree and Deadeye. Both of these Heroes are balanced, but their ultimates suck and thus they feel like they’re missing something.

1 Like

That might actually fix the problem.

Sound Barrier used to feel like a fine ult. I even preferred it to Mercy’s rez 1.0. But the game has changed a lot since then. There is more healing, more shields of both kinds and more armor. A few seconds with Sound Barrier shields simply no longer give you enough time to push and get some picks. They aren’t a significant advantage.

With all these extra barriers McRee’s and Soldier’s ults are overall weaker, so there is no strong need to specifically counter them. Most people simply hide.

Also, there is Sombra in some games and her Ult fully cancels Lucio’s.

I think slower decay would make it more useful, but at the same time, it will effectively add more shields to the game, exacerbating the problem.

Faster cast time would make sense.

I always thought it would be cooler if the soundwave blasted him off the ground a few feet, instead of Lucio slamming it down. Same effect, faster casting, and cooler. Welp…in my opinion anyway.

Lucio ult needs some offensive play! Give it some damage or a similar effect as sombra where they can’t hear anything but distortion.

And people say valk is bad, at least it’s a lot of fun to use.

Poor Lucio barely gets to use his without dying and it barely does anything when it is used.

Maybe it prevents one ult, but it goes away so quikly, riptire and such can still kill you😂

Makes me sad since Lucio is my favorite supper, but his ult is so boring😭

it lasts 6 seconds. it’s not very long, but if the duration doesn’t change, it should charge up faster.

Honestly, I think sound barrier is pretty strong.
There just isn’t a whole lot that’s it’s strong against?
Which true, makes it notably weaker than something like Trance.

Still, Lucio can block 6k damage in an instant.
Trance can’t save you from a self destruct or a rip tire.

i just feel that it needs to be a fast-charging ult like moira’s. it charges to slowly for a cheap ult.

1 Like

As someone who has put heaps of time into learning Lucio in private matches and in competitive I can say… nope. It’s still decent, it just isn’t great right now because the current meta doesn’t make it a very viable ultimate. When the meta shifts, it will be stronger.

You have to time it absolutely perfectly while avoiding cc with a long wind up and it is only useful against a very limited amount of ults all of which charge twice as fast as his. It is in the running for most trash ult in the game.

2 Likes

I agree with you, Lúcio’s ult is so weak compared to Zen’s. It needs some sort of buff.

if the ult doesnt save him from a dva bomb it isnt good enough