Lucio players i need to have a word with you

no this is the reason you take zenyatta

it depends on what they are combining with the grav. a sound barrier can survive a dragon blade or a tac visor, but if there is a pharah don’t use barrier she will wreck you right through it.

Zenyatta isn’t healing his team mates through multiple offensive ults.

Zenyatta can’t do anything against burst damage lol. I mean Lucio can’t either tbh, but if I drop the beat for a Rip-TIre my teammates will survive even though I won’t.

if the junkrat player has half a brain he will wait for beat to be over

Nah fam, Dragonblade goes right through Sound Barrier and Grav.

Which increases the chance for the tire to be destroyed.

run tire into a wall far away

A good Lucio player will react to the tire entering the field, not the sound of “fire in the hole”

i really wish lucios on my team did that

I believe trans should be used to defend against sustained dmg ultimates, e.g. tac visor, dragon blade, death blossom, barrage etc. BUT, sound barrier should be used for burst dmg ultimates, e.g. tire, pulse bomb, high noon.
If you use trans to defend against tire or pulse bomb, then your team will die instantly because the damage is dealt in one burst, but trans heals over time. If you use sound barrier against blade or tac visor, then your team would die, because the barrier already decays, and that coupled with the sustained damage means that the ult was useless.
So using sound barrier to defend against grav + burst dmg ults is the most reasonable, in order to keep the team alive, especially when it’s near the end of the round, but what’s even more important is getting the timing right, so that rather than panick ulting as soon as your team gets gravved, you wait for the ult to approach first.

1 Like

Sound Barrier can be used to defend against Dragonblade and Tac Visor, but not when everyone is spread out. It’s actually harder to defend against burst damage ults with Sound Barrier; they either do more damage than Sound Barrier can block or they have the option of waiting for Sound Barrier to decay, which leads into trying to guess when things will coe out which doesn’t really work anyway.

The only burst damage ult that can kill the team even when sound barrier is used is D.Va bomb (assuming that everyone is at least at 101health) so long as you can time your ult right. I believe ult timing is a major thing for Lùcio, especially with the cast time, which I use to differentiate between the good and the bad ones.

If you know they don’t have an ult to combo, the beat will save the team.

You’re not taking into account the cast time. On paper, Lucio will counter Rip-Tire and Pulse Bomb. In practice, it’s rarely the case. Ult timing is important, but at it’s core Sound Barrier is reactionary

So by the time you see the hazard sign for a pulse bomb, there’s no way you can get Sound Barrier out in time. And like it was mentioned above, Junk Rat can play around Sound Barrier. It’s incredibly dangerous for Lucio to try and counter a Rip TIre; being the healer, he’s likely to be its primary target anyway.

But the thing is, the team is stuck in a grav according to the OP, so the tire will go to the grav, where the Lucio is, so the Lucio should be reactive rather than proactive as as soon as he hears the line, the tire will be coming to the grav, and considering the cast time, if the Lucio waits around 1 sec then ults, he will counter the burst ult, depending on where the junk is (which is where comms come in handy, because if junk is like, just behind the payload, then don’t bother in the first place, but if he’s not directly near the grav, then just wait less than a sec then ult).

E.g. There was this one match in comp where my team was stuck in a grav. I heard the voice line for tire, waited a sec then ulted, because if I didn’t wait that second, the decay meant that we would die and lose the point, and if I waited more, he’d kill me during the cast time. I’ve done the same with Tracer, as Tracer is even more forgiving because she deals less damage with her ult, but as soon as you spot her, then instantly ult, because the cast time is kind of similar to the detonation time.

That’s one scenario; it doesn’t work like that every single time. More often than not, it’s more dangerous to use Sound Barrier. Especially if Junkrat knows the range on his ult.

Hence why I said (after edits) that it kind of depends on where the junk is. If he’s near the grav, then no hope, if he isn’t in sight, then wait less than a sec then ult, because if the junk waits any longer, then the grav will be over and your team will get “dispersed” again, so the ult won’t be effective anyways as it’ll only kill 1-2, rather than the entire team.

Because
Depending on the ennemy team line up and Lucio’s timing
sound barrier can save you from grav
If there’s just a junk spamming in the grav it will save the team
If it’s a pulse bomb it can save the team ( really timing dependent )
It’s hard to save from the tire because junk can pop it right on top of the grav and the damage will be too much anyway or he can play around waiting for the barrier to decay
But " fail ult " happen to everyone ( and more with dps ult )
Of course I won’t waste my ult if they have a pharah or something like that
But even vs a dragon blade sound barrier can save your team in the grav ( considering other factors like timing , healing from your team , and the ability of your team to kill the genji )

• If I don’t use my ult in the grav people will whine that I didn’t use it so …
    " LÙCIO WHY YOU DIDN’T USE YOUR ULT TO SAVE US YOU USELESS FROG DJ "

Apparently the healer isn’t supposed to save people. 8P