šŸø ~* Lucio Lounge 2.0 - We're Here To Stay *~

Of course! The philosophy of the original Lounge was that anyone is welcome, Lucio player or not, providing they werenā€™t bringing in toxicity of course.

Iā€™m sure Nepenthe has carried that over from it!

2 Likes

Definitely. This topic is as much a reprieve for me as I want it to be for everyone else. We need some good vibes.

Bump! Just some more art pieces Iā€™ve done/started recently:

Bunnyribbit is the best couple. Iā€™ve been told that with some cleaning up this would actually make a good print. Iā€™ve been keeping it in mind; I need money.

Thereā€™s a backstory behind this one. Talon mistakenly kidnaps Lucio under false pretenses that heā€™s in league with Overwatch, as they found him running around with Tracer. However, Lucio was simply racing her and literally knows nothing, and knows heā€™ll be let go because he heard his music on Reaperā€™s ringtone. Reaper is extremely annoyed that shenanigans are being played on him.

In real-life-yet-still-related news, I actually found a capoeira school relatively close by me. Iā€™ve had a growing interest in it for awhile because A.) It looks like an amazing art form, and B.) I want to get some more exercise in my life. If I can convince my manager to simply switch my midday shift to either Monday or Wednesday instead of Friday, Iā€™ll definitely be attending. Canā€™t wait to get kicked in the face.

3 Likes

Love those pictures, especially the first one

1 Like

BigGoose got some insane boops last night during the Leauge games. Shame they lost to Seoul.

AT LEAST PHILLY GOT ITS SWEET SWEET REVENGE AGAINST LONDON

2 Likes

Stop booping me into the well!!! :angry:

2 Likes

NEVER

Proceeds to focus Enki the entire game

2 Likes

Are we all enjoying all the hate that goats is Lucioā€™s fault and Lucio needs to be nerfed suddenly? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not. I gotta be honest and say that sabre-rattling still makes me nervous. Lucio is one of the few characters you can call balanced and now people are trying to gut him to change a meta the majority canā€™t even pull off in the first place. And in general I learned my lesson with Dive; trying to kill a meta is pointless anyways.

2 Likes

Nepenthe i love you dude, keep it up.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks Suede!

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™ sucks that people are just trying to get Lucio, who is one of the most balanced heroes in the game, nerfed for no reason other than people see that he has a 100% pickrate in OWL so far, and therefore, heā€™s the cause of GOATs, and deserves to be gutted

3 Likes

Like, my boy is finally getting some time to shine in the pro leagues and people think thatā€™s a problem. You could barely find him last season beyond a taxi, and that one dude who killed Widow on Kingā€™s Row where the camera was focused elsewhere. ;~;

1 Like

Lucio does cause GOATS but he doesnā€™t need any changes. Speed boosting Rein/Zarya/Brig is what enables Goats.
I would hate to see Lucio Nerfed though.

The whole point of speed boost has been to speed up slow targets. Itā€™s doing its job.

The only way you can effectively nerf GOATS in that manner is by getting rid of speed boost, because it doesnā€™t matter how many cooldowns you have on it if- at any given time- GOATS Rein is faster than non-GOATS Rein.

1 Like

You could add diminishing returns to speed boost based on the ā€œweightā€ of his teamates in aura. So basically after two tanks youā€™ll lose a good bit of speed by adding a third. If you want the percentage, send me a cheque @jeffreykaplan.

Lucio used to require skill.

Iā€™m still sad even thought they changed movement over a year ago.

If my math is correct, a Rein with non-Amped speed on moves 2 m/s faster than his normal walking speed, which in turn is 11 m/s slower than Charge. I mean, at what point are the diminishing returns effective, and again how does this change the fact that the faster Rein will always win regardless of how much faster he is?

I donā€™t think the movement changes really did much to his skill ceiling. They allowed you to stick to the wall permanently, which is simply the one thing seasoned Lucio mains donā€™t do.

I donā€™t use the stick unless Iā€™m in a situation where I want to corner really quickly to get out of the line of fire, which is rare in lieu of other options.

That happened like 8 months ago. Iā€™m talking about the global movement changes over a year ago that messed up his skill ceiling hugely.

Youā€™ll still see a few Lucio mains who remember the good old daysā€¦ sad they all left nowā€¦

I wouldnā€™t personally know anything about that. I started maining Lucio around September of 2017, when I wasnā€™t even aware of all the little ticks in movement he actually had. As far as Iā€™m concerned, the global movement changes are my normal.

Also, Iā€™m late on this but the PlayOverwatch account was sending out Valentines yesterday. Naturally Lucio had one, and itā€™s cute!

1 Like