Lucio emote is unfair for EU players

i get the OWL tokens from watching the live games and i live in Sweden so yes we do. But they really should fix it in some way like giving the EU region tokens ONLY for watching the reruns instead or something like that

1 Like

That’s literally you. I’m in the UK and watch the re-runs and get my tokens every time. Your problem of watching late into the night would be solved by just watching a re-run.

No it doesn’t. Again I live in the UK and the pass is fine. You want the emote then buy the pass. You’re ignoring everything else you get with it.

You mean like with the Blizzcon pass they have been doing for the pat 2 years ? With the winston and bastion skin?

You are lucky you are on the list then,its not random who gets tokens and who is not:

“At this time, after map single token awards are available only in Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom and United States; one hundred (100) token viewership awards are available only in Argentina, Canada, Chile, Denmark, France, Germany, New Zealand, Norway, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom and United States. 100 League Tokens are needed to buy one Skin. Tokens expire December 31, 2018 if not redeemed into the Overwatch game and will not be replaced.”

Check the numbers if you want and you gonna realize that its like half of EU is missing. You are welcome for the list.

world of warcraft, counter strike, league all manage to make sure both US and EU can watch

Blizzard already stated season 2 will air at more EU friendly hours.

You can watch any VOD of the OWL on Twitch or Youtube.

You’re just unhappy because of the emote and being EU has nothing to do with it.

1 Like

Except if they make it to EU friendly and say it will start at 20:00 for me in the middle of EU, then the matches will start in the middle of work hours for US 11:00 and end when they get home.

I wouldnt put too much faith in that.
The logical thing to do wouldnt be to give EU 1 day when they can watch 2 hours earlier than normal days,thats basicly nothing
What they should do is play more and most matches on saturday and sunday, this is the first step.

They cannot realistically cater to everyone, it’s the same for america right now, not all of them have the same time slot.

I think they start way early than 8pm, like 4 or 5pm so everyone is able to watch.

1 Like

Besides unfinished statistics… maybe because EU’s abusive chat hasn’t changed at all? :rofl: I say this as an EU player.

And Asia or AU? I’m sure it’s perfectly convenient for them as well.

It’s been shown to us time and time again that they only care about PC NA players. EU/ASIA servers seem to be second class and console players are third class…

what makes those more important than EU?

EU has more players, more money, more investors, more fans

I just don’t understand why they can’t variate the time. Currently matches air in the afternoon in America, when people have finished their work; which is literal nighttime in Europe. Why can’t they have a single match earlier in the day? It doesn’t make sense to me.

In my country, matches air between 2am and 6am, so there’s literally no way for me to watch a single match and be able to function the next day.

Do they though?

It’s totally not like Korea is legendary when it comes to esports.

Either way, they aren’t any more important than you are. And you aren’t any more important than them. That’s literally my whole point. When anything is done live, someone is going to get shafted because that’s just how time zones work.

Just because CSGO or League decides to stream in the middle of the day where hardly anyone in NA (where the tournaments are typically held) can watch it because most people are all at work doesn’t instantly mean Overwatch has to.

They’re each their own companies, they get to choose their times. But it’s impossible to chose a time that pleases everyone, and ya’ll are just pissy because Blizzard happened to go with one that didn’t work with you in particular.

I wonder if you could say the same if the whole season 2 would start 02:00 in the morning for US, WITHOUT EXCEPTION. Could you still say,you cannot make everyone happy?
Yes you can make everyone happy, (at least in this case) but both side needs to sacrifice a little, sadly not even the players were willing to do that, not even for 1 day/week. (Its their job, imagine if a professional football player would say “i dont want to wake up that early,cannot we play 2 hours later?”)

So we are back again at Blizzard, shafting the whole continent, because their players didnt want to play a little (like 2 hours) earlier. And this is a League which pretends to be a serious worldwide championship. You know where things like this happen? A friendly basketball match between 2 small village.

I hope Blizzard proves me wrong about season 2, but i doubt anything more will happen than having the old schedule back at most, and that one was unfair as well.

I would say it, because it’s true. It’s naive to think that you can come up with a good system that can literally make everyone in the world happy.

You don’t really know what you’re talking about.

First off, the players need a consistent sleep schedule. It’s simple, you sacrifice sleep, you sacrifice performance the next day. Just look at Shanghai if you want to see what a rough and disorganized schedule can do to you.

Secondly, 2 hours really wouldn’t solve anything. It’d instead start at what, midnight? When people are going to sleep? They still won’t stay up and watch the games. It’d need to be a more dramatic difference than just 2 hours.

Even then, what about the time zone 2 hours east of you? Or the one 2 hours east of them? Or the next?
The world works in literally a giant circle. You’re not asking for “everyone to get it equally” you’re asking for yourself, because that’s all you’re concerned about. And no, before you bring it up, they can’t just be expected to wake up 2 hours earlier than yesterday every single day. Again, they’re pro’s, they need consistency.

It’s probably based on number of reports with “Abusive chat” category.