Lucio emote is unfair for EU players

you can watch the vods or rebroadcasts they do twice a day. and the all access stuff is available as vods too

you even get the league token drops watching rebroadcasts

that is fine

the issue is the emote should be available through other means to if you have no interest in OWL

they can sell the emote at 5 dollars and it would do gangbusters with much less complaints
the problem is they ask for 30 dollars for an emote that’s packed with things a lot of people dont want

if they had also said later we would be able to get that emote in a different way then people who want the pass buy it now and other people will give in or wait.

The PR is bad on this one and feels scummy even if in the end it isnt,because they communicated poorly
if they intend to give us other ways to get it in a year ,maybe that would be fine and much less people would feel this is blizz turning down a dark path

He said he didn’t have the information YET. Chill.

They physically can’t. If they stream games, time zones are a thing. What do you want them to do? In the end, people in different time zones will get screwed over.

It’s not the same when you’re not watching it live.

Less greedy? Activision/Blizzard is after EA the most greedy in the entire industry.

2 Likes

Yes it is. It’s completely the same, the chat is still open and you still get points.

He is brazilian…not american…he speaks Portuguese…that is EU speak…what are you talking about?!

They have, but the dev comment tab is missing.

Stage 1, the match times were much more EU friendly. They changed them from Stage 2 because reasons.

1 Like

Oh yes, remember the events and releasing contents while EU is sleeping.

F A B O U L O U S

Exactly. I look at it like the Olympics or the World Cup or any major televised event. Prime time is the time of whatever the country it’s happening in. Most people in NA weren’t able to watch FIFA world cup games live due to the game times being during regular working hours. It sucks, but what can be done? A convenient time for one area may not be a convenient time for another. That’s just how it is with time zones and this massive planet we live on.

You aren’t getting charged $30 for ONLY a Lucio emote. You’re getting charged for various skins, Twitch emotes, and OWL specific content. If you don’t care to watch the games or can’t watch the livestreams (You can always watch the VODs after if it matters that much to you) but want all the skins and bonus content, then it’s a good investment. If you only want the emote, it’s not. Don’t buy it.

But stop complaining. This is for people who support the league and that’s their reward. You’re not going to get everything you want all the time for free. This is akin to people whining about the Widow pre-order skin.

2 Likes

Today I learned people dont understand time zones.

1 Like

No, because the emote is a reward for supporting Overwatch League. It isn’t an emote that Blizzard made with the intent to sell for whoever wanted it, it’s an emote Blizzard made to reward anyone supporting their eSport by buying an Access pass. It’d be like a sports team rewarding people for putting money into their team and then a fan complains that they want to get it for cheaper through other means.

If you want it and can justify it due to receiving a bunch of other skins, then purchase it. If you can’t because you don’t care about the skins, OWL, or any of the bonus content, then don’t buy it and get over the fact you won’t own that emote.

No, this is a way for Blizzard to shake down people who want the emote for $30 dollars rather than the in-game 1,000 that it is worth. If this was for supporting the league, it would have been there from the start, had an OWL theme, or been added after sales discontinued. However, it is a blatant marketing attempt. Not really the same as a pre-order skin in any capacity other than both are limited… Like, I know you are mad, but just calm down. Nobody is asking for free hand outs. I bet if they charged 5-10 for the standalone emote you would see minimal complaining. We will never know because Blizzard decided to take the anti-consumer route.

1 Like

I don’t even have the All-Access Pass, and I’m not going to purchase it because I don’t care about any of the bonus content. And obviously it’s meant to get people to purchase passes. Anything a company does relating to extra content is going to be a money grab. Why else would they also ask for you to cheer bits on Twitch to unlock emotes? But they even mentioned more content would be continually added if you had an All-Access pass, so I don’t understand why anyone is complaining.

You know the nature of marketing and exclusive content. If you want the emote, buy the pass and get the extra skins, emotes, and OWL content bonuses. If you don’t, then don’t.

2 Likes

You kept calling it a reward and now all of a sudden it is a product. Interesting. At least when confronted you do not deny the facts, that puts you above most people supporting anti-consumer practices, I suppose. Kudos.

People are complaining because they blatantly added a summer emote as that reward. Again, if it was OWL related, people would not be complaining and I would share your “confusion.” Hell, even if they just made the stand grey/orange and slapped the logo on, that would be enough to convince me that they at least put forth the effort to mask the cash grab which makes it less egregious and therefore less complaint-worthy.

Yes… That is why people are criticizing the model relative to the content.

1 Like

A lot of EU people desn’t get the drops from the Reruns, it seems kinda random, i live in sweden and I only get the drops from the live games that starts at 1 am and like i acctually stayed up watching the stage 3 finally and i had to stay up until like 3 am and I was destroyed the day after.
Also the whole pass thing feels so stupid for us in EU cuz its like if you where to buy like a subway and then the cachier just like takes your bread and sauce cuz “no we only serve these parts at night but you have to pay for it all” and tht feels really weird

Reward, product, whatever. You get it because you bought a pass and that content is included and they specified more content would be added. Is it annoying to add content that you’d otherwise want to only a specific way to get it? Yes, but they want money for their league and that’s how they incentivize it. It’s an obvious ploy for money-grabbing, don’t get me wrong. Like you said, they could’ve slapped OWL stickers on it or something. But they know people wouldn’t it want it that way, so they didn’t. But at the end of the day… If I don’t want to support it, I don’t buy it.