Lucio a throw pick in comp?

Exactly! To any of the “just learn all heroes” crowd, just watch ANY of the top ranked streamers, most if not all main one specific hero Yazan (Pharah), Shock (Reinhardt), Yeatle (Ball), ML7 (Ana), Redshell/Frogger (Lucio).
They can all still play a couple of other heroes, but they still do best on a select few.

1 Like

I definitely second this. Lucio has always had potential, but its increased when there is a rein. Speed is very essential part of his kit, but it can be used very well with rein. Not speed boosting rein misses out on the chance to speed him in for engagements, speed him out when he needs health, and using speed boost to reposition. I would honestly rather have speed boost than all the heals in the world. It makes both characters more fun to play, and gives them more freedom and even independence, as long as you have a good bap/ana.

But in general much of lucios potential is missed, because he’s misunderstood entirely. Yes he’s support, but he’s a support that can provide very good offensive and defensive plays.

2 Likes

Which is ironic because I’ve got a good winrate on him this season.

(Protip for low rank Lucios: You don’t have to be a GOOD Reddit Lucio, you just have to be annoying. Bounce around a lot, join in teamfights on a wall, constantly boop the DPS to throw off their aim even if you can’t kill them outright. It’s not as valuable, but it’s valuable!)

2 Likes

That is true, but the better the of a Reddit Lucio you are, the bigger the carry potential!

1 Like

The problem is people wrongly think support= healer, probably comes from playing other games where this is the case.

Healing the back lines is the worst way to play him, going for offensive assists and healing as needed is the best

4 Likes

That’s the best way to play him!
Lijian Tower Highlight: https://youtu.be/8rIIoMPDNmg

1 Like

Legitimately this is how I got to platinum on Support.

Sure I’d play Ana/Bapt when I needed to but really it was just trolling the enemy on Lucio. :sweat_smile:

I just happened to have beat whenever my team needed it. :wink: :smirk:

3 Likes

This is like satire right?

They have appropriated the term ‘Reddit Lucio’ and turned into a badge of honor, thereby excusing the behavior. OTOH, Supports don’t just do healing contrary to what many want to believe.

Dealing damage, distracting and killing enemies (especially Snipers, DPS and Supports) brings WAY more value than just sitting in the middle of your team healing them with your tiny bit of healing

1 Like

We all know this; we are talking about skill floor, not making plays. OTOH, too many Reddits take this appropriated term and shirk their teamwork responsibilities to the team in search of personal glory.

I think you are confusing this thread with my thread of the FFA video. Here we are just talking about Lucio in Comp

1 Like

He’s throw unless you have a reddit Lucio who knows what he’s doing.

I’ve always believed a highly skilled Reddit Lucio is one of the most underrated heroes in the game. They can run the map if they’re really good lol

1 Like

That is for sure! Watch Redshell, FDGod or Frogger and you will see plenty of examples of this.

2 Likes

I have 3 Lucio OTP on my avoid list at all times. Unless you play lucio on specific maps with specific comps and into specific comps, he’s a throw pick. I am excluding the occasional exceptional player here.

1 Like

But, Speed is life :pensive:

1 Like

You are the kind of player whose reports should be on Blizzard’s ignore list.

The fact that you see a Lucio, look to see if there are heals and if not, assume they are throwing is flat ignorant.

A Lucio who uses speed, especially with a Rein or Hog is contribiting more than the pathetic 19hps his aura provides.

A Lucio who eliminates snipers does far more for his team than slow heals for those who choosevtobstay within 12m of him.

A Lucio who turns a 6v6 into a 5v4 by keeping 2 of his opponents occupied is doing much more for his team than complying with your neurotic need for less heals per second than a single bullet from S76.

A Lucio who speeds his team through chokes and open spots does much more for his team than standing around repairing hits his team should have never been taking.

In other words, FAR better players than you are playing Lucio at a much more impactful level, and YOU are REPORTING them for “throwing” because your understanding of Overwatch is so limited and ridiculously shallow and with no comprehension of the value of a valuable asset unless you are holding them hostage to squeeze less hp than standing on a healthpack as it respawns.

4 Likes

no character is a throw pick

players throw

characters do not throw

a player who wishes to throw can do so with equal ease using any available character

1 Like

The opposite of a throw pick, actually very strong especially with Rein.
Zen is also busted af, just pick ball with him. You don’t play these heroes for healing, discord and speed boost are so good, it’s actually dumb.

2 Likes

Dude. Enough. Seriously.

In all honesty, OP just needs to understand

If you’re expecting any healer to only healbot, you’re asking them to throw. Supports who win games aren’t strictly healers, they provide utility.

2 Likes

Interestingly I’ve never seen a shred of evidence that he’s GM on any of his accounts in the current season.