Low SR Bronze needs changes. Too many smurfs!

Low SR bronze feels like it is impossible to climb in. Match after match I am teamed up with players who ignore everything and don’t care about winning. Not only that, I am constantly teamed against smurfs and players who are playing on a level that is beyond what should be found in low SR bronze. When 1-2 players are literally carrying a team and doing things that you should only see in much higher SR or silver+ then I can’t help but think that something is wrong and many of these players are still somehow getting into low SR bronze matches. It is not fair. It is not right. Something has to be done about this. Something has to be done with the amount of highly skilled players that for some reason are still in low SR bronze and destroying enemy teams like its nothing to them. This is extremely unfair.

23 Likes

I agree. I hope the devs tackle this issue. From what I’ve heard bronze might be the hardest rank in the game.

16 Likes

Do you have any replays to show whether the matchmaker is handicapping you? If so, may need to play in groups or start a new account.

4 Likes

My account has been here since day 1 of Overwatch. I am not going to start a new account in the hopes I’ll get better match making or a higher placement. Things need to be changed within the game. I don’t want a work around.

17 Likes

Then post a replay and we’ll help.

You don’t get it. That is not the problem. There is absolutely NOTHING you or anyone can do that would help me or the countless others stuck in low SR bronze. You’re assuming the problem is me. It is not. I have been playing this game since day 1. I am not a bad player. However I should NOT be matched up with people who probably have diamond console accounts trolling in PC low SR bronze. SMURFS are the problem. Highly skilled players deranking to troll bronze is the problem.

11 Likes

When you are at the absolute bottom of anything anyone with any game sense is gonna look out of place.

13 Likes

Climbing out of Bronze is not impossible, I’m not trying to brag or anything but I personally solo climbed from 700ish to currently 2934 as Support.

Time played does not equal skill. If you weren’t the problem then you wouldn’t be Bronze. Just saying.

You could always post a replay code and prove us all wrong.

Key word probably Smurfs are annoying tbh, but they don’t stop you from climbing.

Most Smurfs in Bronze are probably washed up Golds/Plats, most high SR Smurfs hover around Plat/Diamond until they stomp their way up towards their real rank.

I don’t support smurfing and I understand your frustration, but as I previously mentioned climbing out of Bronze is 100% possible.

Is it easy and quick? Definitely not
Possible? 100%

7 Likes

Sounds like you’re legitimately just a low bronze player. In which case you are correct. You are at the SR you belong. I’m not sure the point of the thread.

6 Likes

Just going to put you on ignore so I never have to see your replies again. Not going to waste my time reading replies from people who insult me by assuming its all my fault why I can’t climb all the while forgetting this is a team game that requires a team effort.

No, it sounds like there are smurfs in low SR bronze and when the enemy team feels like they are a diamond team I’m not going to believe the match making is being fair to me. Going to just put you on ignore as well. Again, not going to waste my time reading replies from people who put the blame on the individual and ignore the fact this is a team game that requires team cooperation and effort to win. One person is not the problem on the losing team neither the answer to turning it around.

5 Likes

I’m going to admit I have a fetish for people in denial. That’s why I’m addicted to the forums

9 Likes

Some folks always fighting to keep the system the same. Just cause they had success doesn’t mean the game can’t change for the many others who see real world issues.

4 Likes

LMAO, dude someone telling you that you deserve your current rank and that you’ll climb by improving is NOT an insult :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I swear so many people love to blame others for their own performance and refuse to see their own flaws and work on themselves.

Have fun in Bronze I guess :+1:

6 Likes

Well that’s the thing, I think they want to have fun - in any rank - but alt accounts and overall monitoring needs to be buffed.

5 Likes

It’s been 5 years and nothing has been done about “alting.”

I really don’t expect any changes about this anytime soon.

6 Likes

Copium is contagious I guess.

4 Likes

?

3 Likes

Never accept the world as it appears to be. Always dare to see it for what it could be. I hope you do the same. - Jeff Kaplan

Thinking the system won’t change and giving up is coping with a system failure. Instead figure and dare to dream how this game could be better and hold the devs accountable.

4 Likes

of course there isnt

no one assumed that, simply asked for a VOD to review…which has been helpful to many players

diamond console…LOL

it is PART of the problem

heres the opposite, i buy a new account get it to lvl 25, by this point, ive had a few beers and bowls, i jump into comp, and since its a new account, if i lose 2 games or more in a row, i will not place in anything higher than gold.

now lets say i lose all 5 games for placements, regardless of how well i play, its still a TEAM game. now, since this acct has lost all 5 placements, i am in a rank i do not belong in. because i do not belong in it, the “mistakes” lower tier players make will be capitalized on.

you can accept that you are making mistakes, or you cannot, but youll have to square with that someday.

2 Likes

If you’re going to ignore everyone who offers help to you or suggests other possibilities than the system is completely rigged against you, prepare to mute literally everyone in the thread. It’s one thing to say “I have 3 accounts in gold but one fell to bronze and got stuck.” But when your ONLY account has ALWAYS been low bronze, even before there was a high smurf population, well…you’re just bronze.

3 Likes