Low FPS after redownloading

I redownloaded OW and now I am having massive frame issues, struggling to stay above thirty and often times dropping down to the single digits. I am currently running the game on low, put every setting in the Nivida control panel to the lowest possible setting, and still nothing. I have a 1660 ti and I5-9400k. When I was playing I had my task manager open, I never went above 60 percent for my GPU and 70 percent for my CPU, and when I would have frame issues, the percent would dive-bomb to 6-8 percent for my GPU.

Please include a DxDiag (as requested in the pinned threads) so members of the community can help you troubleshoot.

Click here to show/hide DxDiag instructions
  1. Press Windows Key + R, then type DxDiag and press Enter.
  2. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  3. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

If your DxDiag does not fit in one message DO NOT shorten it. Instead, post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.

While you wait for assistance, I suggest opening the Windows Reliability History tool, which may show you what’s happening in the background to cause any errors.

I redownloaded OW and now I am having massive frame issues, struggling to stay above thirty and often times dropping down to the single digits. I am currently running the game on low, put every setting in the Nivida control panel to the lowest possible setting, and still nothing. I have a 1660 ti and I5-9400k. When I was playing I had my task manager open, I never went above 60 percent for my GPU and 70 percent for my CPU, and when I would have frame issues, the percent would dive-bomb to 6-8 percent for my GPU. All my drivers are up to date, and it’s only Overwatch that has this issue. Sorry, I had to resubmit this, I accidentally deleted the comment on the other poster with the Pastebin code and it wouldn’t let me comment again.

Paste bin code is VxNZ16NE

Hey there,

Thanks for the DXDIAG in the pastebin. Here’s a few things that you can try:

1. Reboot using Selective Startup which will help rule out another program in the background causing the FPS drops.

• Press Windows Key+R.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • Select Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items.
    • Select the Services tab.
    • Check Hide all Microsoft services.
      Note: Skipping this step may prevent your computer from rebooting correctly.
    • Click Disable all.
    • Click Apply then click OK.
    • Click Restart.
  2. Use DDU to wipe the drivers, and reinstall a previous version 457.51 to test that out.

3. Unplug your 2nd monitor and try testing the game with a single monitor hooked up to see if the issue goes away.

If you’re still having issues, lets take a look at HWmonitor so we can look for any throttling or overheating issues.

1. Download HWMonitor and install it.
  2. Launch the program before starting the game and allow it to run in the background.
  3. Play for at least 15-20 minutes or until the issue occurs.
  4. Switch back to HWmonitor, maximize the window, then expand all of the individual sections.
  5. Scroll to the top and take a screenshot. For Windows 10 press Win+Shift+S to take a screenshot of the window. For Windows 7 or 8.1 press the Printscreen key on your keyboard.
  6. Paste the image into the Paint program and save it as a .bmp or .jpg
  7. If you were unable to capture all of the sections in the first screenshot, scroll down in HWmonitor and repeat the process of screenshotting and saving it.
  8. Upload the images to an image hosting website like imgur.com then share the unique links in your next post. Paste the links here, then highlight everything and hit the </> button in the posting section so it will allow the link.