Lost Connection to Server

While playing today, twice I have had the “lost connection to game server” message at the beginning of a ranked match. I have no other game that does this, and not only losing SR but being suspended is downright annoying.

If your system can detect that I’m disconnected from the game server I should at least have a chance to reconnect to the beginning of the match as it would mid match to regain my SR instead of having it immediately disband the match and have a suspension.

1 Like

The system cannot tell the difference from a disconnection due to technical issues versus a disconnection caused deliberately by a player in order to avoid queue dodging or throwing the match. As such the penalty remains for all players who disconnect. Details here:

Well they need to extend the reconnect time then. If I can sit AFK for the first 30 seconds of a game without being booted, why can’t I have that same length of time to reconnect?

1 Like

Dislike this reply :frowning:

Whether you like or not is irrelevant. Its better to be told the truth and educate you rather than let you get into more trouble such as a Competitive Season Ban.

“The system cannot tell the difference from a disconnection due to technical issues versus a disconnection caused deliberately by a player”

This is a blatant lie and a total cop-out. If a user “leaves” the server and immediately rejoins it, you can safely assume they did NOT leave on purpose. There is absolutely no excuse for the way Blizzard penalizes their legitimate players like this.

On top of which, there’s no reason to kick them all the way out to the login screen in the first place. I have literally never seen this happen while experiencing connection issues, only completely out of the blue on an otherwise perfect connection. For some reason the game is reacting this way when it should not be. If it simply tried to reconnect, there would be no issue.