Losing the motivation

Out of interest do you have another/main forum account?

:thinking:

This is not true. You can play with an average skill level and still not get out of Bronze, which is supposed to be the lowest 8% of players. The math showing how this can happen is here: Discussion: The Math Behind Being 'Hardstuck'

1 Like

Yeah, but it’s bugged and I get notifications from every post in competitive whenever there’s a new comment. I have no idea when people reply to it on here, so I just use this account.

I’m also not as fond at how I ended up being on here, so I take breaks when people really start to get on me.

1 Like

I’m not going to waste my time with you, do not waste your time with me.

2 Likes

Wasn’t expecting this, I actually liked your position on VOD reviews being worthwhile, I just wanted to point out that for some players they seem to have an extra headwind to climbing.

1 Like

Hey, if you want some actual pointers, and possible some friends (between 500-800SR) let me know, I’ll give you a discord link, we do accept everyone, but we DO NOT believe in the forced 50/50 nor the rigged matchmaker theories.

3 Likes

I’m interested but for the record am hopelessly unskilled.

So are the rest of us, want an invite?
If yes, add Brett#8308 and I’ll invite you
Edit: on discord, I’m pretty new to the entire thing myself

2 Likes

Request sent, 7 characters.

Do keep in mind that everyone on the ladder is getting better through the sheer volume of hours played, while benefiting more and more from information out there about how to improve and how to win.

As the community gets better, you’re going to have to do more and more that’s outside of the norm to improve. How much more? Well… more. And you’ll know exactly how much more once your results change for the better.

Improvement only comes in the form of making better decisions, better comms, and better mechanical skill. Whatever your views about comp being “fair” or not, we do know that at some high enough level of skill, the flaws of the system cannot hold a player back. Bronze to GM runs prove this.

1 Like

I’m not wasting any more of my time on topics like that one. If you have something else, sure, but I’m not touching that one.

3 Likes

Did you get him in?? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Doesn’t matter…. Overwatch doesn’t require a high degree of skill unless you’re playing well above the casual level of ranks.

We can teach you game sense and hero interactions which are honestly what the game is about. Keep in mind though that it all changes with OW2

Some people like to think that doing the same old thing is going to allow them to keep their place.

Meanwhile, metas shift, heroes powers shift up/down and part of the community adapts and others drop a level or more.

Correct….

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing. If you’re interested in open and reasonable discussion about overwatch’s matchmaker and evidence of its many issues or you’d like to get some help with your own gameplay I am in the process of setting a Discord up.

We actually have a Discord but originally it was for us to make scrims between forum members. It’s quite inactive so I’m thinking we may as well repurpose it for more general discussion or helping people to actually get better on the game in a community where they can play with other higher skilled players to help themselves.

I would be wary of the discord group you were invited to. Some of the active members in that group try to deny any evidence that issues with the ladder do exist. They are afraid to acknowledge that the ladder might not be as fair as they believe because it would undermine their belief that everyone is “where they belong”.

:v:

2 Likes

I call bulls1tt imo hahahahahahahahahahahaha 20 characters good enough aaron keller my overlord cuck ?

1 Like