LORE QUESTION for all

Storm Rising is set before they imprisioned DF, so right before he ran rampage in Numbani.
The chances are high that this was one of the last Overwatch missions to imprision DF before the Petras Act (OW shutdown) went through.

1 Like

Doom was set to ascend during Retribution, eight years prior to current times.
Doom escapes Jail and sees Widow, Sombra, Reaper, Max and Moira. All of these people were with Talon in the past, so it’s not fixed on the timeline.
There is nothing to suggest Infiltration happened post Recall.

1 Like

But is she rough and irritating?

2 Likes

Zero Hour is set a year after Recall. In that time Talon has assassinated Mondatta, attacked Volskaya, and busted Doomfist out of prison so he can make good on that partnership he made with Null Sector 6 years ago.

3 Likes

Y e s

And then proceeds to go back to her research.

My head-canon is that Sombra is also a couch potato.

:eye::lips::eye:

1 Like

Great reference, but they very cruelly brainwashed Amélie Lacroix :cry: to become Widowmaker :spider:, so this alone counts as “competence” for villainy to me.

Think about it, Talon’s assassins were so ridiculously incompetent at killing Gerard that they had to get his civilian wife to do the job instead.

Seriously speaking, Widow is only thing that makes Talon remotely work as “villains” on an emotional level. Problem is, all the Talon heroes we have are all still exceptionally likeable and it’s not entirely clear who of them, if any, were responsible for that crime.

Yeah, although Gérard Lacroix bio is very thin, it is clearly stated Talon tried to kill him multiple times, and historically Talon had zero concerns about collateral damage, like the attack he received before “Retribution” campaign and the assassination of Mina Liao, always someone infiltrated who loved to blow things up. Very sloppy methods of assassination, until Widowmaker.
As for current Talon “Heroes” :smirk: who might have a hand in Widowmaker’s “conception”, indeed all of them are likeable (especially my Main, Moira :purple_heart:) and considering when they joined Talon, it seems unlikely they had had any role into her brainwashing; the only ones I think could have have any participation would be Sombra and Moira (who she seemed to have joined Talon much after Amélie’s indoctrination - but she seems to be more involved only in “maintenance” of Widowmaker).
But then the actual perpetrators behind the destruction of Lacroix couple are either dead (killed by Doomfist) or still elusive. Not to mention is unknown if Widowmaker knows the Truth behind her past (I made up this Theory: Gerard faked his death to be a Talon's Mastermind - #5 by QuakMcCree-1976) and why she really works for Talon.

1 Like

I could give you a timeline:

In retribution, Bartalotti, the current head of Talon, gets killed.

Vialli takes up Bartalotti’s vacant spot, as mentioned during the retribution voicelines.

OW has a PR nightmare about Blackwatch, Storm rising happens, Max spits about DF. DF is moving around and making contacts with null sector troops to strengthen his stand in Talon.

Battle of numbani happens, DF ends up in prison. Around this time Widowmaker is kidnapped, or rather, taken.

More PR nightmares for OW, Ana is KIA by Widowmaker.

Petras act comes into force and Mercy testifies against her own org, OW operatives go into hiding. Swiss base explosion happens, Reyes becomes reaper, Morrison becomes 76. Tracer moves back to London. Winston goes into hiding in Gibby. Mercy probably becomes a member of Medecines sans Frontieres.

Doomfist escapes prison, kills vialli, and gives Widowmaker a proper promotion, taking leadership. Sanjay is revealed to be Talon. Which means whatever he was doing in Rio was linked.

Attempt to retake Winston’s gauntlet is made, OW wins the fight. When does DF get his gauntlet back? No clue.

Winston gets jumped on in WP:G fights them off, reaper nearly makes away with OW operatives list but fails. Recall is issued.

76 and Reapy meet and fight, 76 gets shot and remains in critical condition. Bastet short stuff happens Ana takes him to mercy and another battle with Talon happens in cairo. What was talon doing? Refer to Pharah’s comic: They probably wanted to reactivate the god program.

Mercy answers the recall, S76’s and Ana’s decision is still unknown.

Bap’s past catches up to him and he kills mauga and reveals talon’s scale of influence, talon now knows about him. Sombra helps him find Mercy, which means he’s very likely to help OW.

McCree recovers Echo and sends her directly to paris to help, while going to “settle some business”

Null sector launches a full blown invasion in paris.

World knows OW is back

If we included the comics and short stories as well.

They acquired the purple miguffin in McCree’s comic. A possible power source of some kind.

Talon has a strangle hold on supplies and the market in “What you left behind.”

Time frame on both events are a bit wonky, but it’s safe to assume the McCree comic is set before Echo being reactivated. With Baptiste’s event most likely post recall.

1 Like

there’s lots of media to cover tbh

1 Like

I posted a timeline of events in the Story Discussion forum.

Baptiste’s story takes place 3 days after Recall. We don’t know when Trainhopper happens, but before Reunion is likely.

1 Like

You mean new cloths and haircuts? I mean, it´s more weird to assume, that they wear the same stuff for the whole time.

that is very well done. Really good job!

as clearly evident, there is a lot of lore here and there. It just wasn’t served up in a silver platter.

2 Likes

Absolutely.

It’s why I’ve wanted a lore tab in game for some time. Just to better chronologically categorize events.

Or maybe in the Overwatch 2 art book or something lol.

I did have a feeling it was within a week, glad that clarifies that.

As for trainhopper my guess it’s a couple of days apart from reunion. Given the time McCree would have to got off the train, for the next one carrying Echo to arrive and for Ashe to set the ambush lines up.

Plus his seen leaving on Ashe’s bike so that’s more evidence reunion is after.

Tell me about it. Many of those sources are old tweets and blog posts that nobody remembers. It would be so nice if Blizzard would put them all in one easy to find location, but no, I had to do it myself.

1 Like

tbh, I saw Quake Champions handle it best: Lore codexes. Each character has like 10-12 pieces of unlockable lore. If you collect all you get a special skin. I really liked that one

1 Like

In Trainhopper McCree is on a cross-country train bound for Houston, Texas. In Reunion, they’re in Deadlock Gorge, Arizona (and prior to that he’s seen in the Calaveras bar in Dorado, Mexico in Reflections). He probably went south to Mexico, got the information about Echo’s transport train (maybe from Sombra?) then went back to Arizona.

1 Like

No because the lore is not bound to rl time.

1 Like

Well… they ate some cake.