LORE QUESTION for all

It’s been 5 years since OW came out irl, therefore 5 years to tell stories of post-Recall OW. We see story fragments sprinkled at indeterminate moments in the timeline, and some is outright in the past. Answer this question if you can…

Have Talon actually done anything in these past FIVE YEARS???

1 Like

what do you mean?

Only because in ‘our time’ 5 years have past, doesn’t mean they are past in the story of Overwatch.

The Trailer for OW 2 basically shows what happened after “Recall” and the terrible Mei animated short story (idk the name and yes that it’s terrible is just my opinion). So the OW 2 trailer is like… maybe 2 months after the events of the “recall” trailer.

4 Likes

That one line where Moira asks Sombra if she started any wars lately is the perfect summary of Talon’s story.

1 Like

Yikes!

Even tardigrades whole life story are faster than this.
People shouldn’t expect lore in this game if it took this long for any of the main story to progress,
the flashy/emotional animated short may fool you but its just for show to attract gamers who would think that this game has a heavy lore related only to be disappointed that the gameplay and the story doesn’t even match at all.

It’s inconceivable that all the heroes would have changed their appearances in two months, but what I really want to say is that the touted villain of our heroes has no role in the world. Null sector were shown in OW2, the clear progression of the story.

And the Mei short could have happened years ago, she was in the science division therefore it’s reasonable that she has never met Rein even after coming back, and only started to fight post Recall.

Talon has always basically just been another Team Rocket. They’re lovable characters but utterly incompetent as actual villains.

1 Like

okay buddy…

I mean it took almost 5 years till Zen got some story outside of being “Gengus Mentor” after OW was closed for Buisness.
And 2 months is a made up time span. But I think it can be realistic under the assumption that Winston recruted Mei after she WALKED days from the Eco Point towards a outpost that could transport her into civilisation.

1 Like

Uhhhmm… no, the whole “Recall” actually started the energy in the ECO point again. So it was Winstons message that woke Mei out of cryostasis.

And when it comes to the skins… it’s literally shown to us that the “deffault skins” are the working skins for the OW agents when Overwatch was still active (Storm Rising, where the whole Squad is using exactly those).
So… Gengu just wears a hoddy now. Winston, Tracer and Mei got upgraded equipment, most likely from Winston.
Mercy got a new outfite most likely because her old one got maybe damage in her short story she had? Like in the lore related skin she only wears the boots and the wings, not the actual… let’s call it armor, even if it hurts. xD

1 Like

Not only that, its a symmetra’s story lore not even his and its just happened that he is in it.
Zen doesn’t have any lore up until symmetra got hers which is a long time in itself for her as well. Goes to show us how lazy they are in terms of adding lores to some OG heroes.
All we’ve been having are some tracer this tracer that.

Sometimes i cringe when i see michael chu on interviews in the past ( i know he left ) talking about lore and character as if we are progressing enough but all he talks abour are their design most of the time.

Symmetra got a comic once at least.
But yeah… I neither understand the 5 issue long tracer comic series. I mean… Tracer is a very flat character in lore: Fast thinking and moving, intuitive, heroic, sometimes a bit of a hot head, funny and can be less serious than she should sometimes.
I mean… even that they kinda retcon with some of her voice interactions, but we all know that voice interactions are not considered canon at least, so we pass on that.

1 Like

Technically it has not been 5 years in OW time. I believe it has only been a year since the Recall and while that was going on we saw initial cutscene (Winston and Tracer working together) as well as most other cutscenes.

As for what Talon was up to in the past year it is hard to say. They seemed to be getting most of what they wanted at the moment so its hard to know what they are and are not behind.

1 Like

They’ve been preparing to seal the nine tailed beasts into the statue of Mondatta on King’s Row. They’re trying to remove the one sealed inside of Ana right now, but they’re having trouble subduing her.

She’s coarse and she gets everywhere.

2 Likes

They got doomguy outta the slammer and widow wrecked miss Volskya’s earrings, they looked expensive too, you hate to see it.

2 Likes

They’re struggling to survive in their collective singular apartment room that Moira pays for.

You think they have the time to do anything???

:eye::lips::eye:

2 Likes
3 Likes

By “pays for” you mean “intimidates the landlord with aggressive finger-steepling.”

1 Like

The equipment in Antactica was damaged and the power was low, plus Mei was collecting data on climate change including pollution that can affect telecomms. The chambers malfunctioned and only actually released Mei because of the emergency broadcast, which would have been separate to the Recall
Why would agents of a defunct group globally maintain the means to listen for its emergency broadcasts??? Why would Winston count on that? He had their info and had the Recall set up for a while.

I can’t comment on the costume continuity because I don’t think they said exactly when Storm Rising was set.

1 Like

Storm Rising is set before they imprisioned DF, so right before he ran rampage in Numbani.
The chances are high that this was one of the last Overwatch missions to imprision DF before the Petras Act (OW shutdown) went through.

1 Like

Doom was set to ascend during Retribution, eight years prior to current times.
Doom escapes Jail and sees Widow, Sombra, Reaper, Max and Moira. All of these people were with Talon in the past, so it’s not fixed on the timeline.
There is nothing to suggest Infiltration happened post Recall.

1 Like

But is she rough and irritating?

2 Likes