Lore is terrible, but here is a gay character

When are we actually getting some actual lore? No wait, let me rephrase that. When are we actually getting some actual lore that makes sense?

Ever since the Retribution Event last year, there is a lot of, but a lot of plot holes the size of trucks and many other things that make no sense. The Dva cutscene didn’t give us much lore either.

Its been so long since we got actual lore… here hoping they somehow fix the mistakes made by the Retribution event… but nope. After months of waiting, all we get is “Soldier is Gay.”

Kind of disappointed in the writers right now. Not on the whole topic of Soldier being gay… but that there was nothing else. I happen to be gay. Frankly, I don’t care for the sexuality of characters. Frankly, I honestly think that giving sexuality to characters limits the creativity of the fans because now that we know Soldier is gay, people will bash any and all fans that still “ship” in either drawings/fanart or fan fictions or whatever him with a female character because it will be somehow homophobic. Oh well.

“But my representation!” Honestly, who cares. If you are too desperate that you need characters being gay or straight in order to relate to them, then you are a shallow person… “but everyone assumes that these characters are straight and no one bats an eye!” Well, sounds like a personal problem. You don’t have to assume the characters are straight just because others do. You can think for yourself for a bit. It won’t hurt your little brain.

but I suppose with Blizzard’s terrible writing skills, it can’t be helped because these characters lack personality and motivations. Instead of giving us lore and answers to questions such as “Why did Reaper join Talon and went traitor when he really cared for the members of Overwatch and Blackwatch as seen in Retributions?” or “How does Dva and Lucio and Symmetra and Roadhog and Junkrat relate to Overwatch?” nope. We get things like, “Im Gay.”

Giving up on the lore of this game and its writers. Things like these is why Blizzard is sinking.

25 Likes

JR and RH were kicked out of junker town, to get back in JR concocted that “plan” of his to create a cart full of gold to hide bombs

during the world hiest spree of all that gold, they were hired by sombra to rob the bank on dorado to cause a distraction for her to hack lumerico

sombra works for talon

talon fights over watch

2 Likes

thank you for these strong words, seriously. Someone had to say what it seemed like nobody else was saying and i applaud you for that

4 Likes

Once you realize that the story for Overwatch is preschool level bad, it only adds to the frustration when you see them think telling us what an imaginary hero does with his wee wee is substantial story.

And they wonder why their stock is collapsing.

4 Likes

Yeah, there was totally no lore at all in that entire 12 page story. Just Jack’s sexuality and nothing more.

How could I have read:

• Hakim working for Talon and involved with Reaper
  • Ana forgetting who she was upon being shot by Widow
  • A mysterious person Soldier knows who is providing him with information
  • The fact he and Ana will be working together again and mending together actual character development
  • The fact Soldier’s enhanced powers are “depleting” for whatever reason, making him weaker and now more prone to injury
  • His wound being made by Reapers guns to which could have consequences for health
  • Moira actually making Reapers weapon
  • 2 new doctors who have been talking with Ana
  • Reaper now keeping tabs on Soldier
  • Ana wanting to help Egypt because of a crisis
  • A WHOLE NEW SKIN for the lore of Ana for now having a self awakening within herself seeing the bigger picture of what needs to be done becoming a protector
  • Reaper having a family (I mean, does that even matter? Pffft /s)

I mean, what kind of lore is this? What actual story was told besides Soldier’s sexuality? Holy crap, I didn’t even notice how bad this lore was man. I am feed up with this. We GOT NOTHING. At all. Nothing was found out and I am sick of this /s

Get real.

9 Likes

I know it’s an impossible request in 2019 but…just maybe…oneday…Blizz could you progress the lore and story FORWARD instead of 100% of the lore being on past events?

3 Likes

You do realize that this is happening now currently in the timeline right? It’s happening after the Old Soldiers comic…

1 Like

The problem I see a lot is just that…well overwatchs lore is 100% character focused. It’s told centered around characters, through characters eyes, about characters.

And sure, it’s disappointing if you’re looking for a linear story with a beginning middle and end.

But it ain’t that. It’s just a backdrop for new characters to pew pew at eachother.

Thank you.

Does anyone even read anymore? Is the story actually THAT hard to understand and too long to comprehend? Is it a tl;dr for the small minds who can’t get past 1 paragraph?

1 Like

It IS moving forwards.

Did you even read the story fam?

Apparently, all they see is the word “gay” and think the whole story was center focused on that.

You know, these are the people who don’t actually look into the stuff before responding and then look like fools.

5 Likes

It’s crazy fam. like what the heck is going on with society nowdays? They say the LGBT are pushing their agenda yet they can’t even read a simple story and understand it. thinking the whole thing had no lore lol That’s more scary. They get all butthurt over a FICTIONAL character being gay, ignoring a BUNCH of new lore and then say “DErrr tHerE iS nO loRe!!! mY HEro iS BAd noW cuZ GAY” when they complain about sexuality just as the “far left” do LOL

2 Likes

this is important to some people and we shouldn’t take that away from them just because it matters less to you.

that being said, i agree with a lot of what you said. lore is very slow, this part of lore shoulda been released, imo, a few months after the tracer comic considering this is like a follow up to that.

Who cares about those people? They are essentially telling Blizzard it is alright we have no story because we now have more gay characters.

LOL Yeah man, “Thanks for saying we had no lore at all and all was found out was Soldier being gay though it really had NO relevance to the plot whatsoever”

Don’t clutch your pearls to hard there brotha, you might do some damage.

1 Like

The game is focused entirely toward the OWL stuff…

If you were hoping this game was gonna develop a lore worth following after they went full Esports, you’re sadly mistaken…we may get bits and pieces, but any potential WE might see in the world created may never actually come to fruition.

Animated shorts and occasional comics/short stories will obviously still be a thing, but I got a feeling what they have in mind and what fans have in mind are never going to get along 100% in any situation.

1 Like

you can do both you know? celebrate but also complain? that’s the entire point of criticism, to point out the good and the bad they did. i even said in my post:

That too. Everything is going into OWL. Literally, all their funding went straight to 200 OWL skins that are just recolors LOL A joke.

But don’t tell him that Blizz is a multi billion dollar business just wanting the almighty dollar and will do anything for it. Let him think they don’t care about money :wink:

This is an Activision symptom - the host is getting restless, and seeks to control the whole! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nope just look at Micheal Chu’s response.
I would have preferred those people who want gay characters to actually demand Blizzard to do a better job at developing a character rather than going full meme by “revealing” the token gay man.

But nope. These people are ecstatic to have cover all the letters of LGBTQ like they are playing frigging Bingo. Lmao.

Why bother with more lore when people just want more LGBTQ characters?