Lore is terrible, but here is a gay character

Haha man lemme tell you fam, I get scared a bit. But not as sacred as all of these “WAAAHH Soldier is GAY!” cry babies lol

You summed up every piece of lore we’ve gotten in the past year in a few bullets. It isn’t enough. At all.

2 Likes

Its distracting from the PTR blowback they’d get more of - the lore folks are too busy absorbing the new LBQT scented Soldier, and not realising that things just took a very…interesting turn ingame, or just not caring.

The armor balance is fine, but Reaper…Reaper needed something else.
Dva? Not sure how that’ll go down - already can tell the DVa fans are living!

1 Like

michael chu’s response is literally what you’d expect from blizzard. you can say anything and they wouldn’t back down, they’re doing their best and it’s true they have shortcomings but as usual they don’t openly dwell on the negative feedback. it’s standard for them.

So we have to choose between LGBT character reveals or Good Story.
Oh well I guess.

Oh I noticed. I read the reports. Goats is dead maybe might replace Brig with someone like Reaper now and make a bit of a different META, and yeah I give it 2 days. 2 until D.Va fans start coming in full blast.

I am pretty sure they did this on purpose to help distract from it lol

i literally said that you can praise the lgbt representation while still acknowledging the faults in lore. i just stated they don’t openly talk about any negative feedback whether it’s balancing or lore.

Whoa man, it’s like, there was both there but many people had their pearls clutched and couldn’t see past “Solider is gay”

We have had 2 gay reveals and both times the lore was atrocious.

How many more times do you want to do this test?

we’ve only had 2 gay reveals. how is that related to how “bad” or the complaint about the lack of lore in general. sure force your head to connect two completely unrelated points, blame the gays for the lack of lore, smh. the reach people try to push their (internalized) bigotry, geez

1 Like

both times the lore was lacking and it went nowhere?

Ana and Soldier talking in a room in Cairo with nothing happening.
Tracer doing Christmas shopping.

Both of them gay reveals and both times the lore was non-existent and read like fan fiction.
I am starting to see a trend. Don’t you?

hmmm . people said the same thing about the D.Va cinematic.

also:

but sure: reduce this to just one or two sentences in that lore update. make that update revolve all around just one gay reveal. sounds like you’re the one putting so much importance to it over all the other points

like 76’s reveal was just as much as there in the lore as well as the fack that reaper has/had a family or the implications that ana is a divorcee but sure reduce it all to just one tinsy bit of something you did not like.

2 Likes

We knew about reaper.
We knew about pharah dad.
Wow Ana contacted Pharah stop the presses!
Rein is still doing what he did in his short
Ana had a costume change.
Some nobody.
We already knew that they knew from game voicelines.

But yeah. Amazing. These writers put Tolkein to shame.
If only Gimli and Legolas were gay.

we did not know about his family. not confirmed until now.

not the divorce between ana and pharah’s dad

the lore people asking for is what’s happening and that includes identity shifts

never mentioned the writing was great

if anything all this “we been knew” as to that lore points then guess what been already suspected 76 being in a relationship with that guy considering the picture was released in tracer’s comic

but like i said, reduce an entire story lore into one or two lines about 76 being gay and blame it on that. have a nice day

You confirmed my point.
To naturally work the fact that Soldier is gay all blizzard did was insert some other useless information and other confirmations.

They could have explored literally anything else but instead to work that out naturally they had us sit through a conversation of two people in a room before or after any action happens.

So yeah. The more gay reveals we get the more this type of story we should expect. Where the story goes nowhere but at least we are more woke.

1 Like

this needs to be upvoted more…i’m with you i’m still dragging Liao’s corpse around

I didn’t say I didn’t like Soldier being gay though. Quite the opposite in fact, I’m focusing on it because I love it.

I read the story and didn’t like it.

I don’t care if Soldier’s gay. Many do for varying reasons but I see it as a lore tidbit that’s nice but eh.

The rest of it was just… I don’t know. I found it hard to follow with the phrasing and all. There wasn’t much else there, besides a plot that ended kinda disappointingly, and something about Reaper having a family.

After a year of nothing, it sure is underwhelming.

It’s… not like they’ve been replacing lore with ‘gay’, I think you might be overreacting? We had one comic, reflections, then over a year went by and the mentioned in a couple of paragraphs in a short story that Soldier was gay…

I don’t think your problem is the gay stuff so much as lack of lore in general? That everyone has a problem with?

Agreed, the biggest reason it was underwhelming to me was that not much happened. There was some stuff about them bringing down a bad guy and his henchmen, but none of those scenes were actually written, just mentioned. Only progress we had was Ana and Soldier finally leaving together with plans to possibly go after Reaper. Most of it was just them reminiscing.

It’s not bad cos of the Soldier being gay thing, it just doesn’t add much… but I worry a lot of people will just blame the fact it’s bad on his reveal, when it could still be a good story with the reveal if they’d just written more progress or action into it.