Lootboxes all Duplicates?

Playing on EU here, All items duplicates except the Hanzo Simple Geometry voiceline which took 3 boxes to unlock.

Seems I’ve opened a full arcades worth of boxes and got not a single Hammond cosmetic (every other cosmetic unlocked) I assume his loot has not been added to the loot tables.

Same.
EU, get all slots as duplicates. Even epic (received emote for Zarya, which I receive year ago). Looks like boxdrop returned to 2017… Sadly. Hope this will be fixed asap, I want cosmetic for humster, not tonns of duplicates

I believe while doing their Twitch Prime Hammond Lootbox promotion, someone mistakenly reset the lootbox drop rules back to 2017. I am getting common and blue duplicates while I still have numerous heroes without all common or blue drops.

Yep, same here. All dupes even though I have every other item in the game that’s not from Hammond.

Can confirm this happened to me too. Opened a loot box I earned from leveling up (after Hammond went live) and it was all dupes despite having none of his items.

Worth noting: the Legendary in the box was also dupe and I don’t even have all of the Legendaries (I need Dva’s emote and several legendary skins from various heroes). At worst, that legendary should have been a currency chest, not a duplicate skin.

I think the lootboxes have been set back to their old algorithm. Whether intentionally or not remains to be seen.

For what it’s worth, Blizzard’s Support Twitter has apparently passed this guy’s report of this bug along: https://twitter.com/Willkautz/status/1021846087735205888

2 Likes

just did all my arcade games and got 0 hammond items…i tought it might be bad luck but…sigh… thx blizz, im not buying any lootboxes.

I have all the lootable items of the game (common, rare, epic & legend) except Wrecking Ball. I had 4 boxes tonight, one with a legend and one with an epic.
Everything were duplicates…

Can’t imagine how mad are ppl who bought loot boxes.

1 Like

It seems to be every tier of drop. I still have lots of purples and legendaries to get but i just got 2 dupes (1 of each) seems the whole ‘prevent dupes’ isnt working. Like Cardsworth’s case.

I can confirm … I hope I am not out $50!

I have literally every single item and spray and icon and … everything expect hero badges lol.

I opened 20 before stopping. No new items at all!!!

I tried support but they told me I was wrong and that Hammond items are in the regular lootboxes … just RNG that is keeping them away!!!

Well, looks like I donated to Blizz :frowning_face:

4h of bugged lootboxes and not a word form Blizz? Guys, what are you doing over there?

same here no wrecking ball items just all dups i already got

I had 24 lootboxes, I got 1 Hammond item and it was a voice line. I even got duplicates of tiers of items I didn’t have all of on other heroes, like duplicate epics and legendaries

You’d think a company like Blizzard would test this kind of thing before deploying to production. Like on some kind of… public… test… “realm”, so to speak.

Pretty sure that lootbox contents are generated when the box appears in your inventory. So saving them up wouldn’t generate any Hammond items as you got those boxes before his release

I’ve had the same issue with Lootboxes unlocked today. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Just want to chime in with some reason here. Obviously they screwed up and didn’t release the Hammond content to boxes. To think they somehow reverted the entire code for how loot box content is generated (pre-anti-dupe coding) is quite a bold jump. It’s much more likely there is another bug or it’s just (as usual) people not understanding how the system works. We’ll see after they fix the Hammond content oversight.

UPDATE: If anyone didn’t see it, there is in fact a separate glitch causing increased duplicates, besides the Hammond oversight. So I guess it’s possible they somehow accidentally rolled back to extremely old code, or just coded in a new glitch that made it seem that way. 1.26 Loot Box Duplicates Issue

Me and my friends got the same issue, 3 lootboxes won today and none of them contained Hammond items. I had unlocked all blue and grey items before the update. I thought there would be some Hammond blue/grey cosmetics, but only duplicates showed up. I think it’s a bug…

I’m having duplicates today, 4 in 3 lootboxes actually. So pity, in the last days of event…