Lootboxes all Duplicates?

I had decided to save up my lootboxes for the new Hammond release, hoping I would get something hammond related.

I got a total of 8 lootboxes. Thing is, of all 8 lootboxes only two items, from the last lootbox, were new items, and everything else was turned into gold.

Sure, I got gold to buy a Hammond skin I wanted, but wasn’t there something done to stop the egregious amount of duplicates one would get in lootboxes? Why, now, has it stopped working?

So, I went to check any of the new items I got, one of them I know was Symmetra’s Architech skin… and none of the “New” indicators showed up on anyone except for Brigitte.

edit: Looking back at one of the pictures I took to show my friend, I got a Rhino spray of some sort… But the majority of all the boxes was just duplicates

16 Likes

Me too, all duplicates no Hammond cosmetic…

1 Like

Same here. Just got a lootbox with 4 duplicates even though I don’t have any Hammond items.

1 Like

Same happened here. Opened 2 loot boxes after patch went live, all dupes no Wrecking Ball cosmetics.

1 Like

The contents of a loot box iare generated when you get the box, not when you open it. If you got a loot box before Wrecking Ball came out it cannot have any of his cosmetics.

4 Likes

That point aside, why were they all only duplicates? I don’t have everything of any character.

Yeah, but I got my lootboxes after the hammond patch and still just had all duplicates.

1 Like

Confirmed. No Hammond items from loot boxes, just 4 dublicates several times. Got almost everything for the rest of characters. BUG :beetle:

1 Like

Got 2 lootboxes playing wreaking ball in arcade, 4 duped cosmetics. Seems the bug is affecting everyone. People should warn others and wait for blizz to fix if they want the new stuff.

1 Like

Here to confirm that this is happening to me as well.
Have all the other items and got 2 boxes after Wrecking Ball’s release only to get more dupes.

I have every item (nothing of Hammond) and I am still getting dupes. I’ve gotten maybe 3 or 4 boxes (generated after the patch) and dupes. :frowning:

Blizz will hotfix this shortly when someone notices these topics haha. Sadly we probably wont get the Loot back, so if anyone still has weekly boxes to get or is close to lvl up i’d recommend not playing till and update from the staff.

In the general chat, people were saying they had received Hammond items in loot boxes. So we might not get a fast fix if it’s only affecting some users; might be harder to pin down the issue.

Yup, same here. :confused:

I’m also receiving alot of duplicates

Same happening to me. Just got a duplicate legendary skin despite still missing a good chunk of them. Hopefully this is just a bug and not a purposeful change back.

Playing on EU here, All items duplicates except the Hanzo Simple Geometry voiceline which took 3 boxes to unlock.

Seems I’ve opened a full arcades worth of boxes and got not a single Hammond cosmetic (every other cosmetic unlocked) I assume his loot has not been added to the loot tables.

Same.
EU, get all slots as duplicates. Even epic (received emote for Zarya, which I receive year ago). Looks like boxdrop returned to 2017… Sadly. Hope this will be fixed asap, I want cosmetic for humster, not tonns of duplicates

I believe while doing their Twitch Prime Hammond Lootbox promotion, someone mistakenly reset the lootbox drop rules back to 2017. I am getting common and blue duplicates while I still have numerous heroes without all common or blue drops.

Yep, same here. All dupes even though I have every other item in the game that’s not from Hammond.