Looks like Kiriko will have the next Mythic Skin

Probably revealed a bit too early.

12 Likes

That’s a really beautiful skin,is it confirmed that it’s the Mythic though?

12 Likes

A Japanese fuedal era inspired theme this time maybe…? I’m highly intrigued.

4 Likes

At least have the decency to not spoil it in the title, geez

Doesn’t seem to be

2 Likes

NO.

It has to be fake, they give the mythical skin to a new hero AGAIN, I abandon ship.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AlarmingPracticalBluebird-size_restricted.gif
1 Like

Is that the mythical or a legendary?

2 Likes

I hope it’s a legendary one, because if it’s the mythical one, I’ll jump ship.

It’s about money. They want you to get the skin and then be tempted to spend on other cosmetics like voicelines, intros, poses, etc.

They must have compared Genji (a popular hero from OW1 that a lot of people probably already had a lot of cosmetics on) and JQ (a new character a lot of people probably didn’t have a lot unlocked for) and people probably spent more money on other stuff just because they had the skin and someone must have calculated this would lead to more money than just selling the skin for a lot of money. If they want to make a lot of money this way, the only logical step would be to make the next mythic skin for another new character but that’s if they’re actually doing it for that reason.

Except even if it is just a Legendary, this indicates the theme is Japanese/Asian mythology similar to how Season 2 was Greek mythology. Which means the Mythic will be Japanese/Asian mythology themed regardless of what character gets it. And you always complain about Asian-themed Mercy skins anyways.

11 Likes

Hopefully not Chinese mythology because that’d be hella awkward :skull:

11 Likes

Right lmao I just messaged that to my friends on discord, how ironic it’ll be to have the entire Season 3 themed around this right after the entire Chinese playerbase got cut off from the game

Awkward…

13 Likes

It’s a bad joke that once again the mythical skin is for a new hero , what joke is this blizzard? S3 will mark the end of OW2.

h ttps://bnetproduct-a.akamaihd.net//7a/6484622820f49cfeac171d943c1db32f-Season3_Battlepass_Web_1920x1080.png

funny thing is they probably would make more money if it was a legendary skin since those are in bundles for 23 bucks most of the time. kiriko seems to be a high seller for some reason. i bet witch kiriko was the most bought skin of all the skins so far?

2 Likes

If you think they are going to sell with Kiriko in S3, a new hero, a season with absolutely nothing else, keep dreaming devs, because S3 will mark the end of OW2 unfortunately, they are making the same mistakes over and over again, giving the mythical skins to the new heroes, and the veterans? when will it be our turn? in a thousand years?.

1 Like

You think it’s the end of the world just because Mercy didn’t get a new legendary (or mythic)? You’re overreacting as always.

5 Likes

If this is going to be the season theme, I don’t know how you make a mythic that would top up that skin.

Why? They deserve skins. Mercy is not more deserving just because she has lots of skins already. She’s less deserving in fact.

Please don’t be racist. I’d hate to see you banned

Because Mercy didn’t get a mythic skin? You are ridiculous. You are a ridiculous person.

1 Like

A hero with near 100% pick rate and one of the most popular supports….

Do you have information the rest of us do not? Care o share it with us? How do you know what’s in season three?

Yea but not because Mercy didn’t get a skin.

Hard disagree and unconfirmed to boot.

YOU are not MERCY! She would never have a vicious ugly tantrum like the one you are having for starters. You are a veteran player. Say Mercy if you mean Mercy.

I hope its not kiriko, her playstyle doesnt click with me and the nerf she just got makes her feel awful imo. I wish ana, moira, brig or mercy would get the mythic but with all due respect, the theme does not excite me. Hope the new map and balance patch is enough for S3 but im doubtful.

5 Likes