Look, can we stop sayiny McCree needs buffs when in reality all you guys want is to make him low skill, high reward?

McCree is hot trash right now… There is nothing you can say to change that! Stats, opinion, nothing! He is bad…

1 Like

Am I the only one who thinks cree is still good? I mean, you need to have better accuracy cause your firerate is less forgiving, but most of the stuff he could do he can still do right now, you can’t shut down small positioning mistakes as well as you could, but other than that it really doesn’t feel like his position in the game has changed much

2 Likes

McCree really doesn’t get that much more value. Turns out that left click doesn’t compensate for having a near useless ult and being a massive drain on team resources and attention, which the other hitscans don’t really do. People just have bad gamesense and never notice, which is why the stats are the way they are.

4 Likes

You imply he gets reward, at all, yet across all ranks he has the lowest winrate, bar none, for this week, this month, and the past 3 months. Go back 6 and he jumps up to 2nd lowest.

But yeah, I wouldn’t call this a troll thread, it’s just massively biased and misinformed.

4 Likes

What about every other rank? What if I combine them? Etcetcetc :man_shrugging:t2: I don’t see any indication that he’s any good or that people want him to be low skill/high impact either (not that this really even matters seeing as we have no significant impact over any balance changes)

2 Likes

I can say the same about sym re draining a ton of team resources but not being worth it. at least mccree’s primary is actually good. his issue is, as your said, his abilities are trash.

BUT my gripe with the people campaigning for mccree buffs are how they treat his primary as if it was the worst primary in the game and make claims this this guy’s :arrow_down:

like sym is legit a hero without fundamental tools for her to function:

1. no decently available tool for her to get herself in and out of her shorter effective range often enough
  2. neither the sustain in her effective range to sustain her for sustain damage NOR burst for how little time she has in her effective range to get something done.

like the audacity say he’s worse than sym despite how lacking sym is and especially despite the fact that mccree was legit really meta earlier this year pretty much due to his primary’s capacity to double~triple tap squishies in <=1.5s and being a frequent candidate for pickrate-based bans (like he was meta and had high pickrate for a reason and not just because “he’s popular”), just reeks of entitlement, esp to someone like me that plays heroes that lacks much of the privileges or positive bias most other heroes get.

It’s bad at shieldbreak, gets rekt by falloff, and doesn’t have great capacity or fire rate. It’s not the worst but it is, among others, legitimately worth complaining about.

How yall struggle against the literal worst Hitscan in the game is beyond me.
He has 0 mobility
He has the shortest fall off range
He has the harshest fall off damage
He has, literally, twice the hitbox of superior Hitscans, aka Ashe and Widow.
His only “Utility” is a literal melee distance .8 second Stun.

2 Likes

when you have a hero that can kill most of the cast in 2~3 shots in 20m and in 1~1.5s, why does it make sense for him to have good shield break? his shield break not being good is the same reason why widow, ashe and sombra don’t have good shield break with their primary (or secondary) fire.

20m (no falloff range) is no joke of a distance.

see above about TTK. if your standard of “great” or your standard of “acceptable” is ashe or widow OHKO, i.e. basically the top of the hitscans who are also pretty much top of the dps roster, then is this not showing my point about entitlement and OP’s point about many people wanted mccree buffs want him OP?

don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind mccree getting improvements (not really drastic outright buffs tho) on his roll and ult or even a rework on his secondary to be something more useful. but a lot of complaining I’m seeing regarding mccree is definitely painting a false, VERY exaggerated picture of the truth.

1 Like

He also has Cowboy voicelines.

I’m confused as to why I’m quoted @_@

me too.

I misquoted somehow.

Ya’ll love to bash his ult.

His ult is no where NEAR useless. Not even close at that.

That’s not at all uncommon.

He doesn’t contribute much until the shields are down unless the enemy is rushing past them. I’m not asking for good shieldbreak, but something comparable to 76 would be nice. Right now it’s sometimes worth holding your fire so you still have ammo when the shields do break.

Considering his thicc hitbox and low mobility, this is a huge part of why he requires so much team resources to function. McCree loses out on a lot of the benefits that hitscans get from long range, and must put himself at high risk to get things done.

That sort of TTK isn’t uncommon, and it’s not just those two. Hog hits hard, Pharah, Echo, and Torb, are massively underrated rn, and really, just about any DPS has ways of reaching that fast of a TTK, because it’s more or less the standard for viability. The only thing going for him is that he’s hitscan, but unlike the other hitscans, he lacks range and the means to effectively control spacing, and the ranges he works best at aren’t particularly important on most maps right now. If it’s Ilios well all day long then sure, it’s pretty damn good, but that’s not most maps.

I’m partially basing my opinion off if I would prefer McCree’s primary to Ana’s rifle with or without scope, or Zen’s discord boosted left click, and right now, I’m not sure.

It’s so bad that people use it to reload, or finish off a badly wounded single kill. Like if I have to switch off McCree I’m probably not going to bother trying to use it first.

The opportunity cost of not charging a better ult is simply too high.

2 Likes

Situational. So situational that ya’ll love to use that excuse a lot as if it’s some common everytime thing.

The situations in which it is good aren’t typically the ones where an ult is called for, and there are opportunity and time costs for getting into good positions to use it. One of the few notable exceptions are against valkyrie, but that largely works due to user error.

> soldier has 180dps
> me remembering how so many people claim sym melts with lvl 3 primary which has 180dps:

when he’s designed to have a stun to make him better at close range, and having his weapon be midranged given its fire rate + pin point spread + TTK, expanding his effective range doesn’t make sense. that’s not a problem for his weapon to solve, but rather his mobility which legit has room to do so.

if they want, they can take a page out of paladin’s book and make mccree more like cassie:

make his roll longer, faster, then give a passive where if the 1st shot after roll lands on an enemy (not a shield nor turret), reset cd or greatly reduce the active cd on roll and have an internal cd on this new passive so he’s not a literal shooting tumbleweed (which cassie was in paladins for a while).

• pharah’s rockets are 35m/s i.e. lower effective range and less consistent than mccree’s
  • echo’s burst TTK is based on cds unlike mccree’s, ashe’s and widow’s whose are all on a primary with like 0.5~1s between each. same can be said for hog.
  • torb’s is a less consistent arced projectile despite no falloff and lower fire rate.

mccree “reaches that fast of a TTK” a lot more easily and/or frequently than most heroes (hence why I didn’t simply just talk about dps; the fact it’s hitscan, 20m, pinpoint, etc. matters). again, the weapon fire isn’t the problem here.

Doesn’t one have spread?

1 Like

Legitimately unsure what you mean by this.

The thing is, his faster fire rate worked really well at the things he’s supposed to be good at, and works well with flashbang. Other DPS do better at range and there’s no need to step on their toes, but other DPS also do better at close range or with mobility. His supposed TTK advantage isn’t that relevant with regard to the former, and is supposed to give him a good matchup against the latter, and that got hit hard by the fire rate nerf.

The only things his current TTK is good against are the characters that easily get outranged or outmaneuvered, who are already bad for that reason, including McCree himself.

I don’t think it’s inherently any easier and expect it to be a personal preference thing, but even then, people rarely put themselves at risk unless they can reach that fast of a TTK. No one competent is going to hard commit on Pharah unless they have a decent shot at a double direct.

Meanwhile McCree’s advantages with regard to uptime are largely negated by how much damage he takes. In terms of uptime and ease of use, 76 is simply better, as he typically is in nearly all metas.