Look, can we stop sayiny McCree needs buffs when in reality all you guys want is to make him low skill, high reward?

Seriously, unless he’s a one-man army capable of killing people as fast and instantly as Widowmaker, then apparently McCree will always be hot garbage who’s never useful ever. Unless Deadeye can be casted instantly with full charge on all targets for instant OHKs, Flashbang lasts forever and has the blast radius of a thermonuclear bomb, and his revolver gets the firerate buffed back up so that he shoots faster than a literal assault rifle, then he’ll apparently never be good and will always need a buff

It’s ridiculous. Y’all don’t want buffs for him. Y’all just want him to be OPAF and become a zero risk, high reward character. Hell, does he even need a buff? I can’t recall ever seeing a McCree being completely useless in a fight unlike, say, Symmetra or Mei (and before SOME people here say it, GM pickrate don’t mean crap and winrate in general either).

EDIT: Literally most of the comments on this post missed the entire point of the post. I never said I hate McCree or that I don’t want him to get actual buffs he needs like better survivability, but y’all want to act as if I did say exactly that. This post is directed at the people who keep suggesting buffs to just make him easier to play and easier to get high value out of with little effort required, just wanting to buff him so he’s on par with a sniper when that’s not even supposed to be his job in the first place.

24 Likes

Sym and mei are 2 tiers higher than cree.
The hero is simply unplayable. Low damage, falloff start in hook range(!), has one ability that is useless until someone comes close,even then it fails sometimes, he shoots slow, he moves slow and he occasionally suicides with q.

6 Likes

So the tl;dr is a lot of anti-McCree hyperbole, complaining, and ends with “and btw data means nothing don’t bring it up”

I rate this post like an 8/100, would be higher if it was an obvious troll

27 Likes

I already say McCree is lower skill than heroes like Echo, Pharah, Junkrat, Doomfist and and Genji to name a few. If I’m on Junkrat and just going at it then swap to McCree, I can not only feel but see a massive increase in how efficient he is. Landing hit after hit that do less damage for each hit but over all more damage because I’m able to land more hits. Hitscan in this game is just MUCH MUCH more efficient to play. The same can be said with Ashe.

6 Likes

Once more for the people who won’t listen!

So…what exactly matters? Your perceptions? Why don’t they matter? Why would you take empirical evidence and throw it out in favor of something else?

“Yes, your honor, that DNA evidence is cool and all…but may I propose that it doesn’t matter and math and reason are not real.”

13 Likes

His flashbang is the only thing that bothers me, not the fact it’s a stun ability but how I get fanned every time I even try to kill a Mccree. Bait it out, he’ll use it again in a few seconds.

I agree. Thats why I give Widowmaker a lot of forgiveness, because unlike McCree or Ashe, or even Soldier or Tracer, you absolutely have to hit headshots with Widow to not be wasting your time. McCree and Ashe can center mass all game and get more value than flankers/projectile dps

Meh that depends. If you’re in plat or lower skip headshots and just go for body shots. Widow is just a hitscan Junkrat at that point. 120 damage at full charge can double tap most heroes. I think this is why a lot of people are so bad at her in the upper mid ranks and down. They are only trying to go for those headshots and wasting so many shots with missing.

4 Likes

Same with hog, if its not a absolutely safe kill hes garbage

It really doesn’t though if literally the only heroes who ever see any playtime in GM are whoever’s hot and in the meta currently.

You got anything that proves people don’t just want to make him lower effort for high reward? Or do you just label every thread you disagree with as ‘a troll post,’ ya schmuck?

1 Like

McCree is hot trash right now… There is nothing you can say to change that! Stats, opinion, nothing! He is bad…

1 Like

Am I the only one who thinks cree is still good? I mean, you need to have better accuracy cause your firerate is less forgiving, but most of the stuff he could do he can still do right now, you can’t shut down small positioning mistakes as well as you could, but other than that it really doesn’t feel like his position in the game has changed much

2 Likes

McCree really doesn’t get that much more value. Turns out that left click doesn’t compensate for having a near useless ult and being a massive drain on team resources and attention, which the other hitscans don’t really do. People just have bad gamesense and never notice, which is why the stats are the way they are.

4 Likes

You imply he gets reward, at all, yet across all ranks he has the lowest winrate, bar none, for this week, this month, and the past 3 months. Go back 6 and he jumps up to 2nd lowest.

But yeah, I wouldn’t call this a troll thread, it’s just massively biased and misinformed.

4 Likes

What about every other rank? What if I combine them? Etcetcetc :man_shrugging:t2: I don’t see any indication that he’s any good or that people want him to be low skill/high impact either (not that this really even matters seeing as we have no significant impact over any balance changes)

2 Likes

I can say the same about sym re draining a ton of team resources but not being worth it. at least mccree’s primary is actually good. his issue is, as your said, his abilities are trash.

BUT my gripe with the people campaigning for mccree buffs are how they treat his primary as if it was the worst primary in the game and make claims this this guy’s :arrow_down:

like sym is legit a hero without fundamental tools for her to function:

1. no decently available tool for her to get herself in and out of her shorter effective range often enough
  2. neither the sustain in her effective range to sustain her for sustain damage NOR burst for how little time she has in her effective range to get something done.

like the audacity say he’s worse than sym despite how lacking sym is and especially despite the fact that mccree was legit really meta earlier this year pretty much due to his primary’s capacity to double~triple tap squishies in <=1.5s and being a frequent candidate for pickrate-based bans (like he was meta and had high pickrate for a reason and not just because “he’s popular”), just reeks of entitlement, esp to someone like me that plays heroes that lacks much of the privileges or positive bias most other heroes get.

It’s bad at shieldbreak, gets rekt by falloff, and doesn’t have great capacity or fire rate. It’s not the worst but it is, among others, legitimately worth complaining about.

How yall struggle against the literal worst Hitscan in the game is beyond me.
He has 0 mobility
He has the shortest fall off range
He has the harshest fall off damage
He has, literally, twice the hitbox of superior Hitscans, aka Ashe and Widow.
His only “Utility” is a literal melee distance .8 second Stun.

2 Likes

when you have a hero that can kill most of the cast in 2~3 shots in 20m and in 1~1.5s, why does it make sense for him to have good shield break? his shield break not being good is the same reason why widow, ashe and sombra don’t have good shield break with their primary (or secondary) fire.

20m (no falloff range) is no joke of a distance.

see above about TTK. if your standard of “great” or your standard of “acceptable” is ashe or widow OHKO, i.e. basically the top of the hitscans who are also pretty much top of the dps roster, then is this not showing my point about entitlement and OP’s point about many people wanted mccree buffs want him OP?

don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind mccree getting improvements (not really drastic outright buffs tho) on his roll and ult or even a rework on his secondary to be something more useful. but a lot of complaining I’m seeing regarding mccree is definitely painting a false, VERY exaggerated picture of the truth.

1 Like