London Calling #2 released

London Calling #2 is out now on Dark Horse’s website. Here’s a summary with spoilers:

Tracer’s backstory as a punk turned RAF pilot is shown. Iggy and Kace (an Omnic in a red robe with a large split in his head) argue about Tracer helping the underworld. Tracer and Iggy are weary as it becomes difficult to obtain grid piece’s legally. Winston sends a package to Tracer (which may have been a regulator that she gives to Iggy). Iggy tells Tracer that Mondatta wants to see her before his rally. Mondatta tells her about his peace must be achieved and courage is necessary very soon. We see the events of Alive playout with some inconsistencies and with Iggy’s perspective. Iggy starts having doubts about Tracer when she lets Mondatta get hit with the bullet instead of herself.

3 Likes

It’s already available on Dark Horse’s website.

1 Like

Ah, in that case…

I just wanna know why Iggy is upset with Tracer, I mean, if Tracer did take the bullet Widow would’ve just charged another shot and probably killed Mondatta anyway

Plus we know that Tracer didn’t realize Mondatta was behind her until way, way too late and Iggy watched that play out so what gives? I’m gonna question the writing a bit if Iggy decides to join Kace over this…

6 Likes

I think it goes back to what Kace said about humans caring only for themselves, not for the community.

Even still, there was no way Tracer could have known she was between Widowmaker and Mondatta. She shouldn’t be blamed for his death.

5 Likes

I think anyone, human or Omnic, would have self preservation instincts and dodged that bullet if they could… It’s just that Tracer’s kinda the only person who could

I love Iggy I really hope she doesn’t go down the wrong path over this

4 Likes

Widowmaker was falling midair and would’ve grappled to safety after her shot. Charging the shot would’ve taken longer than Mondatta getting into his car with presumably bulletproof windows.

In fairness Tracer and Iggy are friends because of similar music tastes so it wouldn’t take much to end a friendship like that.

1 Like

There’s more substance to the friendship than that, Tracer is actively doing things to fix the grid even though Iggy initially didn’t ask for help. But they’re seemingly way closer than just music buds as of part 2, Iggy stands up for Tracer in the underground and their friendship is a big enough deal for Mondatta to notice it

1 Like

Good point. I assumed part two took place like a day after part one, so I didn’t understand their stronger friendship.

Yeah, Iggy’s concerns here and a bit unfounded I feel… really curious to see what the writers want to do with him next.

1 Like

I don’t get Iggy’s deal. What was Tracer suppose to do? Take the bullet?

I suppose despite initially getting along with Tracer, Iggy probably has some implicit biases against humans.

4 Likes

How was Tracer supposed to know Mondatta was there lol. Makes 0 logical sense. Iggy programming faulty

5 Likes

I’d say Iggy thinks Tracer should of taken the bullet because she’s Tracer, a world famous hero who should be able to save everyone, should take the bullet for someone so vital to peace between omnics and humans. It’s over idolization, and Tracer most likely did it on instinct, not knowing, so Iggy isn’t really right, but depending on how the next comics go could send this part down the gutter.

3 Likes

The story is bulls**t, is Tracer supposed to take that bullet for Mondatta? she didn’t even know that bullet aimed to Mondatta.

I guess the scriptwriter just wants to emphasis “Omnic Life Matters” LOL

4 Likes