Prediction About Tracer Comic Series and Blizzcon

So I have no sources, facts, evidence, basis, etc for this post. It’s purely a prediction thread.

It seems somewhat clear to many people that the Tracer Comic Series is a lead/build up to Blizzcon due to when the first issue released and how many there are (5 of them).

The 1st of 5 Tracer comics released on 9/14 and the second released on 10/15.

Prediction:

The 3rd will be tomorrow, 11/16, while the 4th will be 12/17, and then finally the 5th and last one will be released on 1/18.

Reason why I think that Blizzard MAY do this is that Blizzcon starts 2/19. It may just be purely coincidental how the first 2 comics released, but maybe Blizzard is aiming to have them come one day after the other (14, 15, 16, 17, 18th) so that the Blizzcon and OW2 announcements follow the same pattern when Bliizzcon Opening Ceremony (where all the big announcements come) falls on the 19th, following the one day later each month pattern.

Just a prediction…nothing too serious to overthink or come back tomorrow and dismiss if it ends up being wrong. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I was thinking this too, when they released the first one I realized the monthly comic releases could be a countdown

Didn’t think about the dates tho, too early to say there’s a definite pattern but if we get part 3 tomorrow I’m gonna assume it’s legit

1 Like

I was really hoping for a 13/18 release :frowning:

Tracer is a boring bland mary sue.

5 Likes

Cool but that has nothing to do with this thread. Go take your unrelated thoughts and opinions into your own/a new thread talking about opinions on Tracer.

This thread has nothing to do with Tracer herself.

3 Likes

Actually this whole dates theory is pretty big brained. Nice prediction, let’s hope it’s real :smiley:

1 Like

It would be neat . . . except that Dark Horse tends to release new releases on Wednesdays.

1 Like

Except the last one was a thursday and the one before was a monday? And seeing as its OW related I am pretty sure they don’t have any say at all since they dont own the IP and Blizzard controls when and where and how their stuff is released.

2 Likes

The first one was posted September 14th (a Monday)
https://digital.darkhorse.com/books/2837f8eb610441ad894a3508d8162efc/overwatch-tracer-london-calling-1
The second one was posted October 14th (a Wednesday)
https://digital.darkhorse.com/books/9fa13c288d1c44a896e1a1f36b93acc3/overwatch-tracer-london-calling-2.

Since Dark Horse is the one publishing the comics, it would make sense for them to control when the issues are released.

Uhh no it was released on Thursday the 15th. It literally popped up and was posted on PlayOverwatch Twitter on the 15th.

And secondly, Dark Horse has no right to release anything without the IP owner’s permission LOL

They dont own Overwatch. They dont own the rights to anything OW related. They were contracted BY Blizzard to produce these comics EXACTLY the way they were instructed to by Blizzard.

That would be like if a movie theater released Marvel Avengers Endgame randomly a week before they were told to by Marvel. They would get in serious trouble unless Marvel had actually told them to do that.

The release date for London Calling #2 says October 14th on Darkhorse’s website (under the creators tab).

I also made this thread the day it was released. I was pretty confused by why it wasn’t on Overwatch’s website until the day after though.

1 Like

I provided the links to the pages where the comics are hosted on Dark Horse’s website, and they clearly show the release dates.

I know they don’t own Overwatch, but they do own the distribution rights to the London Calling comics - that’s how comic distribution works.

SIKE! We got a sym story instead :’)

This is all, of course, negating the idea that Blizzard may have just agreed to run it on DH’s regular schedule for simplicity sake.

Also don’t capslock lol, it’s annoying looking.

It is inconvenient to set dates on stone.

It is safe to assume a comic will be released around the middle of a month or when a patch is planned if it is bound to a promotion.