Literal Bias Towards Mercy. (PLEASE READ)

Oh my, are we bringing real life credentials in this debate now :sweat_smile:

I’m not assuming they are lying about their reasons, I’m saying they are required to sugar coat in the least “offensive” most “politically correct” statement. Especially in a day and age where literally anything is offensive, oppressive, abusive in Western society.

We all know the reasons why mass rez was removed, cause it was a bad and unhealthy mechanic in the game.

There’s evidence. You’re just choosing to ignore it.

PR has nothing to do with it. If they were balancing based off of statistics, they’d mention it.

I understand your argument perfectly fine. You think that a hero who doesn’t need aim shouldn’t be as strong as a hero that does need aim.

They did nerf the wrong thing. But that’s besides the point. People were saying that Mercy was just gonna become a must pick again, because Blizzard hadn’t nerfed rez. The thing that caused Mercy to be a must pick. They were basing their opinion off of the countless Mercy nerfs, that all lead to Mercy still being a must pick. How were people supposed to know that that wasn’t gonna happen again?

No. People are saying that Mercy is boring and has all her power put into rez. You get a few people saying she’s UP, but not everyone shares the same opinion.

You sound like you barely read the thread.

You say that a hero with mechanical skill required should have a higher output than a hero that requires no mechanical skill. How weren’t you saying that?

What? “Put your tinfoil hats on”?

And you know all about what they do in this discord because you’re actually in it I’m guessing. Otherwise, this is just a bunch of untrue statements that you made up to fit your narrative.

So, they’re not allowed to have opinions?

Seriously? That thread? You’re using that thread to back up your claims?

Where?

Where have I done this?

Cool. I still want it back.

It’s not evidence though. Rez on cooldown still exists in the game. Doesn’t mean that it’s not an issue.

Source for this?

I only remember Seagull complaining.

Yeah, they aren’t the most reliable sources for your points. Bearing in mind things like Sombra being nerfed even though she was mediocre.

You serious? I already addressed your original argument.

There.

1 Like

But you’re also arguing that they did not rework Mercy because she FELT bad to play against. You are saying it is untrue.

That is a lie.

If you do not think it’s a lie, then you’re saying they DID rework her for those reasons.

Ah yes, instead of real-life credentials, let’s bring in the ol’ right wing nutjob whining about being offended in “western society”.

2 Likes

i am just gonna quote this cause you really seem like u wanna argue with just 3 people but, i have asked, why is different when I “hide” as ana vs mercy. or reaper vs mercy? i am very curious, ty.

1 Like

This is flat out untrue.

Before Overwatch was released, they flat out showed demonstrations of her abilities, as well as footage of actual test matches in Beta. In every single example, they showcased Mercy being able to hide and use her abilities. In the two “Play Overwatch” videos that showed Mercy’s kit, they showed her walking out from around a corner or from another room and Rezzing her team.

Them saying “Hide and Rez” wasn’t intentional just isn’t true. They designed her kit that way from Day 1.

And I’m saying they need to admit that as a mistake.

1 Like

they literally gave in under pressure, let it go, either way, mass res is gone, it’s not important. what’s important is that the rework was a mess and that res belongs behind an ult, even if it’s a single target res. idk why they refuse to acknowledge that tbh

Mercy unfortunately has been a hot-mess for like 15 months now, and I think everyone from all sides can agree that having another statement–a real one, not some developer comment–about what all of their reasoning for the changes were (all of them) and to make a direct comment about Mass Resurrect this discussion would die down a bit.

We have Jeff’s comment about how they do not plan to revert her, but it was honestly open-ended and people were misinterpreting it or not sure what he meant.

I think asking for a blunt response is fair at this point. But with my experience with Blizzard games for 16 years, drastic changes happen often and very rarely is there some in depth developer response about it other than a few sentences.

I mean yeah, thanks for agreeing with my point. There is plenty of evidence why the devs took out mass rez.

They’ve made two separate statements before and after the rework.

Shouldn’t have the same output, huge difference. :smiley:

Because they were wrong and lacked foresight and vision. :grinning:

Boring is subjective, just like fun. Has no merit to the conversation and certainly not when discussing balance.

I read the thread just fine, I don’t agree with it and think it’s flat out wrong for reasons I have stated million times by now.

Correct in the context of Mercy and Ana. This is argument that is irrefutable and have yet to be addressed by any of you.

Yeah, all of you literally use the same phrase and it’s so funny because you are also so predictable.

Nope, not in it. It’s just that it was funny how people were denying how they communicated off forums and calling us exactly tin-foils until actual evidence surfaced up of Reverts using discord to push their narrative. Funny, how the puzzle clicks. It isn’t a narrative - it’s a fact that Reverts use a discord to communicate off forums.

They sure are fine having opinions, breaking the forum rules of conduct and spamming and false-reporting anyone with a different opinion is far from fine.

What’s wrong with that thread? :rofl: Evidence is evidence my friend whether you like it or not.

By continuously bringing up things I have never said and changing my argument into something you can “defeat”. :rofl:

Cool, you can want it back all you want. :rofl:

Mass rez doesn’t exist however.

Already provided it, look up in this thread. Not going to repeat myself.

Refresh your memory then.

And you and your revert buddies are more reliable. You guys need to get off your high horse man and stop drinking the Revert Mercy kool aid.

You just twisted my argument. This isn’t my argument. :rofl: Also Mercy literally was good in any situation previously, why do you think she was an absolute must pick in OWL for the last 7 months?

What? You make absolutely no sense. I’m saying they reworked because mass rez was a bad and unhealthy mechanic - this was supported by large number of the community, Pros and the devs.

How they stated their PR response to this rework is irrelevant.

SJW detected. Your real life credentials mean nothing to me and the fact that you need to bring your PR degree is laughable. It doesn’t add any weight to your argument nor is it a verifiable statement. Also I’m not even american but generalizing right wing politics as crazy makes you look like a fool.

When you take it out of context and the specific strategy - it doesn’t make any difference. However when you apply it withing context - Ana can’t bring 5 people back from the dead. Ana also couldn’t abuse SR like Mercy did. Ana couldn’t bring 5 people back from the dead when the enemy has wasted some of their ults. Ana’s ult doesn’t nullify the enemy’s ults and so on and so on.

Context matters my man.

Ana can PREVENT 5 people from dying, same thing basically my man. potato potahto.

speaking of, the only thing i do miss when it comes to mass res is that it punished dumb plays where a team would use up all their ults at ones…the ones that saved at least one for after mass res were frustrating af but awesome. most of the babies that were tilted by it were the ones that just wanna frag out without thinking, and they let you do that now, which is annoying…kinda as annoying as the amount of CC in the game right now, but that’s a whole other thing.

1 Like

There’s a huge difference between preventing 5 people from dying and bringing 5 people from the dead after the enemy has used up some ults. :rofl:

So what made it “unhealthy” aside from the fact that it hurt DPS feelings to get their kills reversed?

Inb4 “hide and rez”, which is not only exaggerated nonsense but was encouraged not only by the devs but pro players (like XQC) who literally told Mercys to hide for her Rez.

You’re the one who asked someone if they heard of PR, not me.

Don’t start whining now that someone’s called you out for not knowing about the subject you brought up.

“Don’t generalize right wing politics, but the fact that you disagree with me makes you an SJW.”
:thinking:

Thanks. I was trying to bait you into outing yourself as someone pushing their right wing nutjob agenda, and you just proved it.

4 Likes

lol people still crying about sjws? My god some people don’t know how to stop boning a chicken.

1 Like

Simple question:

What was Ana’s pickrate during this time?

As a follow up, what is Mercy’s current pickrate?

Saying 1 number is useless without context.

Oh man again, you guys are starting to repeat yourself at this point.

Here, let me refresh your memory:

Also the Mercy SR abuse is well documented.

Feelings? Never talked anywhere about feelings amigo.

You didn’t call me out or anything. You literally just did nothing but state you have a degree in PR as if that somehow matters. :rofl:

I’ve literally not talked anywhere about politics but I’m pushing right wing nutjob agenda? What? :rofl: You guys are getting funnier by the minute.

Ana had almost no pickrate at all.

When a hero has a very low or very high pickrate, their winrates become less meaningful. A very high pickrate forces the winrate to 50% as the hero is inevitably on both sides every match, and thus both wins and loses every match. A very low pickrate means the winrate can be wildly off just due to statistical noise, or because the hero is only used as a meme pick during stomps.

For example, you know who has the top three winrates right now for PC, in GM, this week? Junkrat, Bastion, and Torbjorn. All heroes almost universally considered very bad in high ranks.

as i said, save some for after the res :rofl:
it really wasn’t rocket science, but as I said, most people, ESPECIALLY the ones like Seagull, wanna frag out and make “huge plays” on their own without thinking too much. and then, imagine having 3+ of those as DPS on your team…they’re all gonna waste their ults just to show off. even in t500.
I promise I will try to dig out that video where he whined that he can solo carry :slight_smile: which is where i stopped valuing his opinion on balance…[i still think he’s a super entertaining streamer and i love watching him, but…yeah…]

edit: i do wanna say however, even tho i think the healing output nerf was not what she needed, it’s nice to be able to play other healers, tho mercy feels pretty lame to play now, and sluggish but…at least no one screams at you to play her…so that’s a nice thing to see for a change.

1 Like

Ah yes, the scientific method of reddit polls.

By this logic, the fact that the largest post on the current forums is a thread advocating for a rework/revert must be correct, because popular vote is proof beyond a shred of doubt.

What does SR have to do with it?

Are you saying Rez was totally fine during Season 1-3, when she got no SR at all?

It does matter. Again, you asked someone if they knew what PR was, and I answered. Like I said, don’t start whining now.

Your first reply to me was literally whining about “western society” and other crap like that as if that had any relevance in this conversation.

1 Like

Evidence you ignored.

Here’s a quote from Jeff. “The ability is extremely powerful in a very unfun way for both Mercy and everyone playing against that Mercy.”

From this thread:

That’s two statements from Blizzard. I’d like to know about this other statement you mentioned though.

No there isn’t, and don’t try to act like there is.

10/10 argument there.

Except when you rework Mercy, right?

And yet you proceeded to list the buffs that were mentioned, while ignoring the nerfs. Just so you could say that Titanium’s suggestions were to make Mercy OP.

Why only Mercy and Ana though?

Maybe you shouldn’t make up some conspiracy theories and try to pass them off as true even though you have no evidence then.

Then why are you discussing it and using it to try and prove a point?

How dare they not use the forums!

Oh ok. You just made it sound like upvoting threads was an issue.

As far as I know, the threads are different enough to warrant their existence. Really, people should use the Mercy megathread, but it ends up just getting locked constantly by people flagging it.

Proof for this?

What isn’t wrong with that thread?

It’s not evidence though. It’s just Sprinkles complaining about Mercy mains.

That’s not answering my question though. I’m asking you to show me where I ever did that.

Doesn’t mean it was an issue.

How far exactly?

Because we actually play the hero? Yeah, probably.

Seriously? Am I not allowed to have an opinion?

How so?

Because your argument was about output, not how strong they are?

Because she was OP? I’m not denying that. That was because of bad balancing on Blizzard’s part. Key word: bad.

2 Likes

I hate to tell you this as you are apparently in the dark; however, most people discussing this game are wholly incompetent and are literally unable to form a coherent thought with objective reasoning. There are a few capable of this monumental task, they are just drowning in a sea of tears.