List of Mei bugs. (With new bugs added.)

Here is a small list of Mei bugs.
I posted a similar post before, but this one has new bugs added.

If anyone has more bugs to add, please let me know. I will try adding them.

1. Cryo-Freeze doesn’t use favor-the-shooter causing Mei to be killable in her Iceblock.

There is already a thread about this problem on the forums which contains more videos.

[Still in the game] Mei can be pulled out of Cry-Freeze by Roadhog's hook

Mei’s Cryo-Freeze use Favor-The-Shooter. (This is confirmed btw.) This means that this defensive ability isn’t reliable to bait abilities, because stuns and damage can go through the first few frames of the ability. (This is especially noticeable with Roadhog’s hook.) What’s worse is that you can see the Iceblock on your screen and your screen already went to third person. In the video below can you see that other players can see the ability be used and cancelled as well.

Mei bug Roadhog POV

2. Getting teleported around the map when you go up on a Ice-wall.

This is an odd one. If you place a wall below you do you have to teleport around the map on your screen. This is very disorienting bug.

where am i

vlc-record-2018-10-21-22h23m44s-Overwatch 2018.10.12 - 23.44.57.08.mp4-

3. The ultimate can get stuck and delayed.

Mei’s ultimate should have a total cast time of 1,5 seconds (depending on the throw distance). If it is thrown under an object like a payload can it be delayed by twice the cast time. In the video below can you see the cast time of normal ultimate and a delayed ultimate.

Delayed ultimate

4. Freeze particles can go through ALL walls and is visible to all players (tested with another player).

The particle effect can go through walls as long if you stand directly against it. Teammates and enemies can see it go through the wall. This can be exploited to disrupt the enemy team who are on point.

Freeze particles through walls

5. Wall placement isn’t always correct.

The video is self explanatory. The wall is placed on the spot you’re aiming at.
(Does Symmetra’s ultimate has the same problem?)

Wonky Ice-Wall

6. Mei’s ultimate effect gets cancelled by FRIENDLY Reinhardt shatter.

Reinhardt’s stun seems to overrule Mei’s freeze. This means that enemies who were already frozen in Mei’s ultimate will be unfrozen for the shatter and remain unfrozen if the Reinhardt’s stun duration has finished but the Mei’s ultimate hasn’t. (Mei’s ultimate lasts 5 seconds and Reinhardt’s stun lasts 2,5 seconds.)

Mei Ultimate Effect Get's Cancelled/delayed By Friendly Shatter/posture Change G... | Gfycat

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/889gh1/meis_ultimate_effect_gets_cancelled_by_friendly/

7. The hat on the Iceblock of the Mei-rry skin clips doesn’t stay up.

This is a small visual bug. I love the Mei-rry skin and I do want to use it during the Winter Wonderland event, but there seems to be a bug with Mei’s Christmas hat. It become flaccid and clips through the snowman Cryo-Freeze if Mei use this ability. It’s this different looking ability that makes this skin special and Legendary worthy and I would hate to see it bugged like this. Please make it stay up again.

No hat

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/889gh1/meis_ultimate_effect_gets_cancelled_by_friendly/

8. Golden weapon becomes shinier when emoting.

Self explanatory:

Overwatch 2018.12.11 - 22.14.23.09

I love playing Mei, but these bugs make playing her excruciating sometimes.
Please take a look at some of these bugs.

Also, to the players saying that the disappearing ultimate is a bug as well, it isn’t. It’s latency. You can read more about this here: