List of all CC abilities

UPDATED: may 5th 2022

LIST OF CROWD CONTROL (CC) ABILITIES IN OVERWATCH

5 categories: displace, incapacitate (partial or complete), root, slow, stun.

Count:

• incapacitate: 5
  • major displace: 32
    minor displace: 2
    minor displace with quick melee included: 33
  • root: 2
  • slow: 3
  • stun: 7

Heroes and abilities:

• All heroes: quick melee (minor displace) (torbjorn excluded).
  • Ana: sleep dart (incapacitate).
  • Ashe: coach gun (major displace), b.o.b. (major displace).
  • Baptiste: none.
  • Bastion: configuration-tank rocket (major displace).
  • Brigitte: shield bash (stun), whip shot (major displace).
  • Doomfist: meteor strike (major displace), rising uppercut (major displace), rocket punch (stun, major displace), seismic slam (major displace).
  • D.va: boosters (major displace), call mech (major displace), self destruct (major displace).
  • Echo: none.
  • Genji: none.
  • Hanzo: none.
  • Junkrat: concussion mine (major displace), frag launcher (major displace), rip tire (major displace), steel trap (root).
  • Lucio: sound wave (major displace).
  • McCree: flashbang (stun).
  • Mei: blizzard (slow, incapacitate), endothermic blaster spray (slow, incapacitate), ice wall (major displace).
  • Mercy: none.
  • Moira: none.
  • Orisa: halt (major displace).
  • Pharah: concussive blast (major displace), rocket launcher (major displace).
  • Reaper: none.
  • Reinhardt: charge (stun, major displace), earthshatter (stun), rocket hammer (minor displace).
  • Roadhog: chain hook (stun, major displace), whole hog (major displace).
  • Sigma: accretion (stun, major displace), gravitic flux (major displace), hyperspheres (minor displace).
  • Soldier76: helix rocket (major displace).
  • Sombra: e.m.p. (incapacitate), hack (incapacitate).
  • Symmetra: sentry turret (slow).
  • Torbjorn: none.
  • Tracer: none.
  • Widowmaker: none.
  • Winston: jump pack land (major displace), primal rage (major displace).
  • Wrecking ball: grappling claw + roll (major displace), mine field (major displace), piledriver (major displace).
  • Zarya: graviton surge (major displace, root), particle cannon grenade (major displace).
  • Zenyatta: none.

Careful consideration has been done in The Expanse map with the very handy and uniform tiles on the ground to distinguish between minor and major displacements.

If I forgot something please say so I’ll update the start post.

(Removed Ana Bio Nade from the list to prevent endless discussions)

2 Likes

Alright, now list all anti-CC abilities, and if there are any, tell me which ones effectively work.

Not counting CC vs CC as anti-CC.

1 Like

I’m starting a golf clap in my room rn for you.

booooom

2 Likes

With the lack of proper anti-CC, this game is going to cave under CC abilities. This isn’t how we should balance the game.

5 Likes

wut?

1 Like

The inability to heal. It’s a CC if you didn’t know that.

1 Like

Widows mine puts a reveal effect on the target

Not sure if that counts as cc

I agree, in wow ( nothing like ow BUT ) there is several anti CC abilities that are on LONG CD’s. So you cant use them all the time but can escape when needed.

and if you sucked you would lose so it all worked!

1 Like

Here I was under the impression CC was a stun, root or displacement that stopped the targets ability to fight. I guess I can see how anti heal would limit it, to an extent?

1 Like

The tick damage is what makes it CC.

Yup and now we have an FPS game where CC is the main thing in the game now. It’s not fun. It makes the game boring without anti-CC.

1 Like

Yeah, I mean, when you’re anti’d, do you really want to fight without the ability to heal? You’re at an extreme disadvantage if a lot of your teammates are anti’d.

Agree again, I’ve had games where mei had her ult every single fight, sure my team might be feeding her but still its not engaging gamplay at all lol.

1 Like

Zarya’s bubbles are anti CC, but I don’t think I can recall anything else.

2 Likes

1 kind of useful anti-CC compared to the many other CC abilities. It isn’t enough.

isn’t incapacitate and stun the same thing?

Would have been better if Mercy had a mild anti-CC instead of rez (although it would have to be something that doesn’t infringe on anti-nade).

1 Like

zarya’s bubble also orisa’s fortify

1 Like

That’s true I guess, but if we count abilities not “granted” I guess we also have to add Mei’s Ice Block.

1 Like

Orisa’s fortify is self anti-CC. I would argue that it isn’t a good anti-CC ability at all for a team based game. Zarya’s bubble is nice, but it isn’t consistent enough to go against a team full of CC.

I don’t recall Meteor strike ever moving people it hits. Does it really do that?

Brigitte’s primary also moves people around a bit.

1 Like