Linux port for overwatch

No they need to release the game on TI-83 before they can put their attention towards a casio port, obviously.

3 Likes

I trust this is a similar reason for Apple Macintosh operating systems?

2 Likes

Valve is making slow but steady progress in making Linux more user friendly for games.

But itā€™s still not quite there yet though IMO as you still need to use the terminal for far too many things that should really have a GUI by now.

Hopefully in 10 years things will be different.

i hope some day we can see it becaeu people love overwatch would love be played ever where Vulkan api would be able to cross platform but i hope we will see some day

Bill, thank you for the response. There are many of us who play the game on linux and the community has improved quite a lot. I know managing another version of the game would be hard. However could we get an answer as to whether or not playing on linux is bannable or not? I remember a wave of bans hit not too long ago. I just want to be safe is all.

Here you go BootLoxes :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Was wondering the same for myself.

This quote is going places.

3 Likes

The C# key would be too OP. Needs Nerf.

But running Overwatch with emulator layers (like Wine, PlayOnLinux, Lutris) is bannable? Because i would like to play Overwatch on Linux, and start to ditch Windows

look a few posts up my dude. its not bannable

1 Like

I hope so, i kinda fear the ban.
BTW should i use Debian or CentOS? I plan to use MaXX Desktop (IRIX Desktop Environment recreation) or Window Maker (NeXTstep Environment) anyway

I read that it isnā€™t supposed to be bannable, but those that were getting banned can appeal and have it reversed.

Thsoe getting banned on windows emulators is unintended. if you got banned you can appeal and have it reversed.

Lutris can run OW now using DXVK, but sadly it seems overwatch cheating system is detecting it and banning players for cheating.

To be fair its pretty rare. Ive yet to be banned and ive only heard of two cases of said banning happening. They were able to get unbanned

1 Like

Ehmā€¦ Donā€™t underestimate them ;o

They essentially did that with the launch of the xbox one.

Thereā€™s a million other things they do that annoy people to no end hehe.

I canā€™t say I know many people who donā€™t hold some kind of grudge against Microsoft, for me that would be(among others) ā€œage of empires: online.ā€
They really botched that one and took it down, without the option to play it offline, itā€™s just gone forever ^^
Including your money spent.

P.s., despite the name, making it available offline shouldnā€™t have been much of an issue, it was in essence still an age of empires game.

you should consider making a low rez version of Overwatch. Made to look something like StarFox (SNES) or Virtual Fighter (Sega). this would increase the player base and make Linux support easier :slight_smile:

lynx 17 confirmed :v

What about macOS?
You already have BattleNet there. Only need to update your code to work with Metal